Family goals are the objectives or aims which you chose to achieve for your family. They are mutually agreed upon and built for all family individuals as a unit.
Are you planning to set realistic family goals that can be easily accomplished in 2020?
You have landed in the right place.
Why Is It Important to Set Family Goals?
According to research conducted by The University of Missouri Extension, the families who set up healthy family goals tend to be financially more stable than those who don’t. The individuals of such families are more likely to follow their dreams.
The same research also indicated that the individual’s ability to function the family is increased when they set family goals. They are more open in communication with each other if their personal goals clash with their shared family goals.
Here are some more reasons why you should do this
Strengthens the Family Bonding
Setting goals together will translate goals into family values. You are laying the foundation for a strong family unit with increased harmony in relationships. Identifying family goals and values will bond each other more closely and make them more cooperative in achieving each other’s individual goals.
Sets Role Model for Your Children
When your children participate in making family goals and work together to achieve them, you are setting great examples and impacting their lives. Through this process, your children develop positive behaviors and attitudes.
Most importantly, the goal setting is the first step toward strategic planning. It is a life skill, which will make your children better strategic planners in their practical life.
Gives a Direction to Your Family
One of the most significant benefits of working on family goals is that it saves you from wandering in the dark with no direction. No matter for kids or adults, all the family members are set to work toward achieving one aim.
Every Individual Feels Important
If the goals list is created based on everyone’s ideas and suggestions, all your family members will improve self-worth because they will feel that their opinions are being heard. This concept of ‘family” is promoted and everybody feels excited for reaching the set objectives.
Higher Personal Development
Various research studies have proved that when you are setting up individual goals or family goals, it leads to higher personal development. Living a purposeful life gives you a sense of satisfaction. Individuals who are participative in goal setting have more self-confidence. Because they believe that every outcome is a result of their level of effort in completing that task.
Setting family goals is significant for the overall success and satisfaction of a family, but before doing that, you should know what types of goals are available.
Types of Family Goals
There are various types of goals that you can think of like financial goals, relationship goals, vacation plans. BUT broadly, all these goals fall into two major categories.
Your long-term goals are extended up to more than one year. Such purposes may be like your child’s education, planning a world tour, planning for going on vacation, saving for buying your dream car, and so on.
Short term goals are a more specific list you will deal with on a daily, weekly, or even monthly basis. The short-term goals are more like a road map to achieving your long-term ones.
These plans are more like spending quality time with family weekly, going for a movie night every month, having dinner together.
Different psychological studies show that families are more likely to set short term goals than long term goals.
According to the Expectancy Theory of Motivation,
“The individuals act in a certain way if the outcomes keep them motivated.”
Edvin Locke in his Goal Setting Theory also states that
“Goal Setting is Essentially Linked to Task Performance. It States that Specific and Challenging Goals Along with Appropriate Feedback Contribute to Higher and Better Task Performance.”
The irony is that long term goals sometimes may lead to demotivation. So, you should be building up long time goals on the foundation of short time goals. It will result in your higher motivation.
I would like to share some good examples of healthy family goals you can set right now this year 2020, and these are ACTION APPROVED.
Examples of Goals List:
- Clear out old debts one by one.
- Sell things your family don’t need anymore.
- Look for discounts and deals while shopping.
- Creat a family emergency fund.
- Craft a budget for family fun and follow it.
- Save for children’s education.
- Try a side hustle as a family unit to improve income.
Eat Healthier and Happier
- Pay more attention to the nutrition label.
- Select healthy fats in family meals.
- Cook dinners at home together.
- Eat more whole-grain bread and cereals.
- Drink a glass of water before a meal.
- Never skip meals.
- C.hoose fresh fruit.
- Take care of added sugar.
- A day with family without any gadget.
- Do fun family activities as a family together.
- Setup family time to share things interesting.
- Get enrolled in classes together like cooking classes.
- Visit your parents or extended family at least once a month.
- Have storytime with your children every night.
Home Improvement Goals
- Set up a day in a week for home cleaning.
- Assign every individual a specific house chore.
- Wear and tear of the house once a month.
- Set up a home theatre for your family.
- Decorate rooms.
- Improve the front garden together.
- Having a day out where everyone can do anything of their own choice once a month.
- GO for meditation at least once a month.
- Listen to the personal goals of all family members.
- Prefer the shared decision making.
Relaxation/ Recreational Goals
- Plan a movie night out every two weeks.
- Plan a vacation annually to new resorts or hill stations.
- Take out time for a fun day of family.
- Every month have a day when the lady of the house will do nothing. (A girl’s ultimate dream)
Share Growth and Development Goals
- Week up early.
- Stop Procrastinating.
- Get enrolled in courses together like self-defense .
- Set a growth mindset among family members.
- Develop family networks.
- Everyone learns a new skill.
- Enjoy family reading time.
“Set Your Goals High and Don’t Stop until You Get There.“
Social Responsibility Goals
- USE recyclable shopping bags.
- Practice following public safety rules.
- Volunteer in the community.
- Separate an amount for charity every month.
- Take public transportation as much as possible.
- Save water.
- Save electricity.
Improve Family Communication
- Listen to others actively.
- Share personal goals and support each other.
- Listen to everyone’s problems and then work together as a unit to cater to it.
- Communicate more often by arranging family meetings once a week.
- Improve body language together.
- Talk face to face.
Health Improvement Goals
- Family outdoor games.
- Daily workout together for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Take a family walk after dinner at least three days a week.
- Limit the screen time to 2 hours a day.
- Set family hike weekly.
A happy family is not the result of luck or chance, but it is made up of sheer determination and a lot of resolutions.
So, gear up to set your actionable goals with your family to live a more meaningful life! Which goal would you most like to make? Comment let me know.
What is the right time to start? Better sooner than later!
66 Unforgettable Emotional Quotes on Love, Life & Friendship
Get ready to head over to a rollercoaster ride of emotions with these emotional quotes!
Emotions possess a special place in your life; they give meaning to your existence, make you feel loved, and strengthen your friendships. They paint each part of your being in different colors.
Emotions surge through your body and make you feel deep in your heart. You feel happy, sad, lonely, shy, and whatnot; however, when it comes to revealing your feelings to your loved ones – you become speechless. It seems like a challenge: to convert your sentiments into words.
Therefore, these emotional quotes will become your weapon and will help you in strikingly expressing your feelings.
Most Emotional Love Quotes You Should Say to Your Lover
- They say a picture tells 1000 words, but when I see your all I see is 3: I Love You.
- I fall short of words to tell you how much you mean to me. All I can say is that my life revolves around you, and nothing else matters.
- Come live in my heart and pay no rent. –Samuel Lover
- Finding someone you love and who loves you back is a wonderful, wonderful feeling. But finding a true soul mate is an even better feeling. A soul mate is someone who understands you like no other, loves you like no other, will be there for you forever, no matter what. –Cecelia Ahern
- Doubt thou the stars are fire; doubt the sun doth move; doubt truth to be a liar: but never doubt I love. –William Shakespeare
- Scarlett, you need kissing badly. That’s what’s wrong with you. You should be kissed and by someone who knows how. –Margaret Mitchell(Gone with the wind)
- If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you. –A.A. Milne
- We would be together and have our books and at night be warm in bed together with the windows opens and the stars bright. –Ernest Hemingway
- You and I, it’s as though we have been taught to kiss in heaven and sent down to earth together, to see if we know what we were taught. –Boris Pasternak
- I’ve never had a moment’s doubt. I love you. I believe in you completely. You are my dearest one; My reason for life. –Ian McEwan
Love is the most powerful emotion out of them all; it fills your life with colors of joy and happiness. It makes you tender and warm towards the object of your affection.
However, strong emotions transform in an equally strong urge to express; to covey; to make the other person aware of your feelings. So, when you fall short of words, refer to these emotional love quotes, and speak out your heart’s desire.
These quotes fill up your bowl of affection to the brim and push you to verbalize your love!
Best Emotional Quotes to Inspire When You Are Feeling Sad
- You will never be truly happy if you continuously hold onto the things that make you sad.
- When you are happy, you enjoy the music. But, when you are sad, you understand the lyrics.
- And if today all you did was hold yourself together, I’m proud of you.
- Sometimes, life will kick you around, but sooner or later, you realize you’re not just a survivor. You’re a warrior, and you’re stronger than anything life throws your way. –Brooke Davis
- Some days are just bad days, that’s all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day, that’s just the way it is!
- Be thankful for what you have: you’ll end up having more, if you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. –Oprah Winfrey
- Any fool can be happy. It takes a man with a real heart to make beauty out of stuff that makes us weep. –Clive Barker
- There are many things you aren’t going to be able to control in your lifetime; the only thing you can control is your reactions. That’s where the trouble starts, a lot of people aren’t in control of themselves.
- You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness. –Jonathan Safran Foer
- You say you’re depressed- all I see is resilience. You are allowed to feel messed up and inside out. It doesn’t mean you’re defective – it just means you’re human. –David Mitchell
The above-mentioned quotes make you realize that sadness is as significant as love in your life. Without sadness, you will never become aware of the sensations happiness brings to you.
Each day is different; every situation is distinct! Some days you’re bursting with joy, and the other you can’t throw blanket off your face. However, the memory of cheerful moments drag you out of the misery and remind you of your strength.
Feelings of sadness are bound to occur; what matters is your resilience and your ability to bounce back!
Emotional Quotes About Life to Support You Get Through Tough Moment
- Surround yourself with those who believe in you. Your life is too important for anything less. –Steve Goodier
- When you face difficult times, know that challenges are not sent to destroy you. They’re sent to promote, increase, and strengthen you.
- Someday you’ll realize that every time you were being rejected from something good, you were just being pointed toward something better.
- Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use. –Earl Nightingale
- Life is a circle of happiness, sadness, hard times, and good times. If you are going through hard times, have faith that good times are on the way.
- Be strong now, because things will get better. It might be stormy now, but it can’t rain forever.
- You have permission to rest, you are not responsible for fixing everything that is broken. You do not have to try and make everyone happy. For now, take the time for you. It’s time to replenish.
- Right in the difficult, we must have our joys, our happiness, our dreams: there against the depth of this background, they stand out, there for the first time we see how beautiful they are. –Rainer Maria Rilke
- Rock bottom became the solid foundation in which I rebuilt my life. –J.K. Rowling
Close your eyes, and remember a time when you were in your worse condition. So, how do you feel now? Did your eyes fill with tears?
Now again, close your eyes, and this time, recollect a moment from your memory when you were the happiest. Do you feel different and better now?
That’s how life works; it can flip any day, any moment, leaving you to feel disoriented and helpless. However, these emotional quotes about life give you the power and courage to move forward with your head held high.
These quotes remind you that life can be hard, but you are strong enough to move past any tough moments.
Emotional Friendship Quotes That Will Warm the Heart of Your Best Friends
- Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another. “What! You too? I thought that no one but myself…” –C.S. Lewis
- Nowhere is a wonderful place, especially when you’re beside your best friend.
- There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not in my nature. –Jane Austen
- A friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing, and face with us the reality of our powerlessness; that is a friend who cares. –Henri J.M. Nouwen
- I don’t want you in my life, I need you in my life. You’re not my friend, you’re my best friend. I don’t like you, I love you! And I am glad I found you because I was absolutely lost without you.
- I laugh the harder with you. I feel more myself with you. I trust you with me – the real me. When something goes wrong, or right, or I hear a funny joke, or I see something bizarre, you’re the first person I want to talk to about it. –Samantha Young
- Friends pick us up when we fall down, and if they can’t pick us up, they lie down and listen for a while.
Friends are the counterpart of our own selves! They laugh with you; they grieve in your sorrows and share every moment of life with you. The emotional bond between the two friends is hard to break and harder to forget.
Friends are a blessing and God’s best gift to every individual! Friendships connect people and go beyond the satisfaction of the demands and needs of any relationship.
So, if you have not said any heart-warming quote to your friends lately, then don’t worry! These emotional friendship quotes have come to your rescue and will help you convey your sincere sentiments.
Emotional Wordings to Motivate You Forget the Pain of Past
- Sit with the pain until it passes, and you will be calmer for the next one. –Naval Ravikant
- If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it, and this you have the power to revoke at any moment. –Marcus Aurelius
- Without pain, without sacrifice, you would have nothing.
- Forget what hurt you but never forget what it taught you. –Shannon L. Alder
- In the process of letting go, you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.
- You can’t have a better tomorrow if you are thinking about yesterday all the time. –Charles Kettering
- Holding on is believing that there’s a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future. –Daphne Rose Kingma
- When it hurts to move on, just remember the pain you felt hanging on.
- The lingering thoughts of the past are there to make you weak, and you alone can stop this from ruining your whole existence by letting go and releasing the pain.
Past is like a record of memories that keep playing sorrowful songs now and then. To move forward in life, you need to free yourself from the painful and torturing afflictions of the past. However, it’s not easy to turn away from the pain when it comes knocking at your door forcibly.
These quotes open your mind to the fact that healing from the past doesn’t mean brushing it off when it resurfaces. It means you have come to accept the pain of your past and have learned from it.
Remember! You have the power to combat with demons of the past and reduce the impact of the hurt.
Deep Emotional and Heart Touching Quotes Will Make You Cry
- So we ignore each other and pretend the other person doesn’t exist, but deep down, we both know it wasn’t supposed to end like this.
- I’m proud of my heart, it’s been played, stabbed, cheated, burned, and broken, but somehow still works.
- I wanted to ask her how the same thing could be so ugly and so glorious, and its words and stories so damning and brilliant. – The book thief
- It hurts when you realize you aren’t as important to someone as you thought you were.
- They just ask you how you are? You told them you are fine, but you are not.
- Ask me why I keep on loving you when it’s clear that you don’t feel the same way for me; the problem is that as much as I can’t force you to love me, I can’t force myself to stop loving you.
- What do you do when the only person who can make you stop crying is the person who makes you cry.
Have you ever been cheated, hurt, and backstabbed? You must have gone through a time where your own self felt like a stranger, and painful feelings kept chewing up your existence.
These quotes jog down those memories and prompt the most hurtful ones. Evoking deeply buried feelings in the unconscious and stuffing your heart with pain!
However, you should know that crying also helps you overcome hurt and pain. Tears cure the stinging of deep emotional wounds and mend them back to get rid of their agony.
So, cry all you want with these quotes and restore your prowess!
Emotional Breakup Quotes You Can Learn from A Broken Heart
- The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.
- To be rejected by someone doesn’t mean you should also reject yourself. –Jocelyn Soriano
- Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your own worth.
- Let’s hope that for every time that we get hurt or break our heart, there is something somewhere being written to make up for it. –Mansi Soni
- You’ve got a broken heart. Not a broken life. You’ve got a broken dream, not a broken future.
- Pain makes you stronger, fear makes you braver, heartbreak makes you wiser.
- A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along. –J.S.B. Morse
When a relationship breaks, along with it shatters all your desires, dreams, and wishes for a beautiful future. Empty space creates in your life with nothing to cover it up! These emotional breakup quotes touch your heartstrings and teach you a lesson to mend your broken heart.
A relationship is a two-way deal; it involves two people who are responsible for the future of this relation. If it’s broken up, then both of them are accountable. So, always remember your worth! Your value is not dependent on your relationship. Therefore, never let anyone else dictate it to you!
You’re the maestro of your life; do not let rejection control your life. You’re still alive after a devastating blow to your self-confidence. So, you must learn to move on to live vehemently!
Emotional Quotes and Sayings for Who Are Suffering Emotional Abuse
- You don’t know pain until you’re staring at yourself in the mirror with tears in your eyes, begging yourself to just hold on and be strong.
- Until you heal the wounds of your past, you are going to bleed. You can bandage the bleeding with food, with alcohol, with drugs, with work, with cigarettes, with sex; But eventually, it will all ooze through and stain your life. You must find the strength to open the wounds, stick your hands inside, pull out the core of the pain that is holding you in your past, the memories and make peace with them. –Iyanla Vanzant
- I don’t think people realize how much strength it takes to pull your own self out of the poisonous situation with someone you love deeply. So, if you’ve done that today or any day, I’m proud of you. –Horacio Jones
- There is no safe way to remain in an abusive relationship with a person who has no conscience. The only solution is to escape.
- Just because no one else can heal or do your inner work for you doesn’t mean you can, should, or need to do it alone.
- Emotional abuse is just as bad as physical abuse. Worse! You can heal broken bones; you can’t heal a broken mind.
- Your relationship should make you feel safe, loved, and happy. Not tense, scared & anxious.
Sometimes, we get stuck in a hard place, with nothing to steer us back to our original spot. Our relationships are a source of solace and comfort. But, when they become suffocating to the point of strangulating your freedom, that’s when you need to take some action.
These quotes remind you that emotional abuse shreds your soul in pieces. However, you have the power to say no to this assault! You can rise above and beyond these wrongdoings and get justice.
We attach ourselves emotionally to every part of our life firmly! Emotions dominate us and influence our decisions to cope up with various situations. Therefore, it is impossible to detach and withdraw yourself with your feelings and live objectively.
Therefore, we collected these emotional quotes to tug at every corner of your existence and evoke respective emotions. Hopefully, these quotes did take you to a rollercoaster ride and gave a reason to jog down your memory lane and pick the most cherished moments of your life.
Remember, your emotions are an automatic reaction of your body; but, how you let this energy drive you is in your control!
101 Sarcastic Quotes for Sarcasm Lovers to Express What You Really Feel
Do you remember the sarcasm detector from “The Simpsons”?
Our lives are permeated with sarcasm. Those among us who can detect it are generally at ease in every situation with every type of person. Their skill to decipher the underlying meaning of someone’s saying makes them easily realize what others actually mean.
Today’s life is replete with irony and simple expressions like “Yeah Right!” and “nice joke” have lost their literal meanings and are often interpreted as ironic expressions.
The reason is that they are often uttered with a sneer to make them sarcastic. It has become the language of today’s modern society. Being sarcastic is fun. It makes the brain work creatively for finding solutions.
Sarcasm, dual in nature, is both funny and mean at the same time.
Let’s explore how famous wordsmiths have used this amazing tool to tone down plain-spoken criticism with fun and humor.
Funny Sarcastic and Sarcasm Quotes
- Sweetie, I am gonna need you to put those few remaining brain cells together and work with me here, okay?
- I am 99% angle, but that 1%, OH!!!
- I always mean what I say, I may not always mean to say it loud but I always mean it.
- Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I don’t understand. – Homer Simpson
- I am sorry that I hurt you when I called you stupid. I really thought that you already knew.
- Love is like a toothache, it does not show up in X-ray, but you know it exists. –George Burns
- If one door closes and another door opens, then your house is haunted, run away.
- There are two types of actors: those who say they don’t want to be famous and those who are liars. – Kevin Bacon
- If I am smiling, it means I am thinking of doing something bad, and If I am laughing, it means I already have done.
- There is absolutely no excuse for laziness. But if you find one, let me know.
- Zombies eat brain. You are safe.
- If my jokes offend you:
- I am sorry.
- It won’t happen again.
- I and ii both are a lie, and you are a fool.
- When people see you lying down with your eyes closed, they still ask, “Are you sleeping?”. NO! I am training myself to die.
- What doesn’t kill you disappoints me.
- Thinking is the most difficult job to do. Probably that’s the reason very few people do it. – Henry Ford
- Remember when I asked for your opinion? Yeah, neither me.
- Whenever I tell someone where I live, they say, “omg, so far.” I am like calm down I am not inviting you over.
- I never make the same mistake twice. I do it five to six times. You know, just to be sure.
- Not to brag, but I don’t need alcohol to make bad decisions.
- “Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I’ve done it thousands of times.” – Mark Twain
We all expect things to go out well in our life. Sarcastic expressions are a convenient instrument to express our aspirations and disappointments. We can let others understand in a light-hearted manner about the futility of the situation.
Mockery becomes all excitement and adds a little spice if used sparingly. By reading these famous funny, sarcastic quotes, you can work on your wit to avoid malice.
If you think well before you speak, you can definitely convey your hidden message to people without making them angry. Well-planned sarcastic comments are not taken as intended at humiliating others.
You can use any of your favorite funny, sarcastic quotes with your friends to enjoy a laugh together.
Sarcastic Quotes about Relationships
- After elections and marriage, people rarely get what they expect. – Will Roger
- Someday you’ll go far and I hope you stay there.
- I have been single for a while, and I have to say that it’s going very well. Like, it’s working out. I think I am the one.
- Marriage is the only form of slavery permitted by law. – John Stuart Hill
- If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question? – Lily Tomlin
- I am not arguing I am simply explaining why I am right.
- Relationships are not like algebra. Ever looked at your X and wondered Y?
- Relationships are like a walk in the park. Jurassic Park.
- You either choose me or lose me, because I am not a second option.
- You can’t say I didn’t warn you – my wedding vows.
- If she replies to your sarcasm with sarcasm, it means that she’s the keeper.
- Relationships these days start by pressing LIKE on her post.
- Roses are dead; love is fake; marriages are basically funerals with cakes. –Ricky and Morty
- I want someone who will look at me in the same way I look at the chocolate cake.
- I was asked what I will look for in a relationship.. apparently, “a way out” wasn’t the right answer.
- You know that little tingly feeling when you like someone? That is commonsense leaving your body.
- It’s funny how you are nice at my face. It’s hilarious how you talk shit behind my back. And it’s downright comical that you think I’m unaware.
- Relationships are like fat people. Most of them don’t work out.
If you want to be happy and grow your connection, exclude sarcasm. It works as a silent killer in many relationships because of the attached hostility. It often makes the partners feel low since actions determine sentiments and considerations.
Consistent cynicism may serve to enhance his/her insecurity. Be careful with your words, and don’t taint them with negativity. Use sarcasm candidly to benefit your relationship. Aim for self-confidence and happiness instead of bullying someone to put him/her down.
Add a tea-spoon of banter to spice up your conversation with wit but avoid steady or big-serving to save the taste of your relationships.
Don’t hesitate to tell others that your witty statements are harmless humor. They do not mean anger, criticism or meanness.
Sarcastic Love Quotes for Him or Her
- Forget the butterflies. I feel like the whole zoo when I am with you.
- I solemnly swear that I am up to no good, especially when I am alone with you.
- You stole my heart so I am planning to take revenge. I have decided to take your last name.
- I promise to love you, support you, respect you and above all else, make sure I’m not just yelling at you because I’m hungry.
- A kiss may not be the truth but it is what we wish were true. – Steve Martin
- I think you’re suffering from a lack of vitamin ME.
- I love you with all my belly. I would say heart, but my belly is bigger.
- I know I am handful, but that’s why you got two hands.
- Sometimes I wonder how you put up with me. Then I remember oh, I put up with you. So, we are even.
- Not everybody has to love me; I can’t force you to have good taste.
- If you really loved me, you would say it on my Facebook wall.
- All I know is one of us is right, and the other one is you.
- I love you more than coffee, but please don’t ask me to prove it.
Sarcasm, when used frequently, can make close friends or lovers part their ways. It may have a detrimental effect on people and destroy trust and intimacy, which is the binding force between two people.
Sarcastic remarks can make anyone feel insecure and suspicious about everything being said, even the good things. Your words and voice tone can make the other person leave you and move ahead.
Mockery can be manipulative. It can make one lose the capacity to communicate effectively. When your remarks make your partner feel ashamed, it ruins the relationship.
In its worst form, sarcasm can take the form of verbal or emotional abuse, erode relationships, and leave permanent scars on souls.
Be wise to use this handy tool without disappointing your loved ones, don’t cause any harm and practice equality and respect to ensure a healthy relationship for you and your partner.
Sarcastic Quotes for When Work is Beating You
- Confidence and hard work is the best medicine to kill the disease called failure. It will make you a successful person. – Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam
- I don’t want to work but my bills say, “bitch better make money for us.”
- Dear boss, first of all, I would like to let you know I’m typing this with my middle finger.
- Monday must be a man. It comes too fast.
- Interviewer: What do you make at your current job? Me: Mostly mistakes and inappropriate comments.
- The reward for good work is more work.
- Another fine day ruined by responsibility.
- Work tip: Stand up. Stretch. Take a walk. Go to the airport. Get on the plane. Never return.
- When work seems overwhelming, remember that you are going to die.
- I like work; it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours. – Jerome K.Jerome
- I will not kill my coworkers. I will not kill my coworkers. I will not . . . okay, maybe just one.
- The way to grow up at work is to replace “fuck you” with ” okay, great.”
At the workplace, we have to deal with different personality types. We interact with people. We could have avoided if they were not a part of our office. Understanding workplace sarcasm is crucial.
It is often humorous and can lighten the moods even in the toughest hours. This collection of workplace sarcastic quotes aims at providing you with useful tips to face cynical behavior effectively.
When the tight schedules are grilling you and you have to deal with it sarcastically, understand the psychology of intentions behind statements to decide better how to move ahead.
On the off chance, it is an issue at your workplace, deal it with head high. Focus on behaviors, make corrections wherever necessary. It should be pleasant and graceful, not dark and severe.
Be witty, cool and smart but not bitter or disrespectful to others. Know your limits and audience, and see whether in a given situation it is appropriate or a diversion.
Sarcastic Quotes about Friends Which are Hilarious
- Finding friends with the same mental disorder- priceless.
- Friends are like condoms. They protect you when things get hard.
- You don’t have to be crazy to be my friend, but it helps.
- True friends don’t judge each other. They judge other people together.
- Friends come and go like the waves of the ocean. True friends stay like an octopus on your face.
- Friendship must be built on a solid foundation of alcohol, sarcasm, inappropriateness, and shenanigans.
- A friend will help you when you fall down. A best friend will laugh at you so hard they fall down too.
- Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes.
- Some friends are like pennies, two-faced and worthless.
- We will be best friends forever because you know so much.
- I am the friend you have to explain to your other friends before they meet me.
- Everyone needs a smart- ass, sarcastic friend. I am so happy to be of service to you.
- Real friends don’t get offended when you insult them. They smile and call you with something more offensive.
- I knew we’d be friends the moment I discovered that you also have no filter on your sarcastic and wicked thoughts.
- Some friends are such a treasure that you want to bury them.
- Sweetie, you’re stuck with me. Deal with it.
- Thanks to the people who came into my life and made it better. And thanks to those people who walked out and made it amazing.
Do you want to be the funniest, smartest, and the most sarcastic one among your friends?
We are known by the company we keep. Proud and loud friends enjoy everything together. Having friends with mastery of sarcasm and a great sense of humor makes life go on a rollercoaster of enjoyment and excitement.
It has no boundaries and allows us to be hilariously expressive even in the most inappropriate times on account of fun. Being sarcastic has its pros and cons, but it is mostly a win-win game. Having a sarcastic friend is pretty fun.
We all wished to be like the friends in “Friends.” Don’t We?
Life gives us many reasons to keep our funny friends close even if they are the reason for our insanity most of the time.
To enjoy every LOL, not to take every stupid problem seriously and to have a cynical perspective of life, hilarious friends are the soul to put things into their right place with their uncanny wit.
Sarcastic Sayings About Life Lessons to Amuse Yourself
- Common sense is like deodorant. The people who need it most never use it.
- All of my life, I thought air was free until I bought a bag of chips.
- I got trust issues because people got lying issues.
- Some people are so poor that all they have is money.
- All you need is love and IQ low enough to believe it.
- Never understand the power of stupid people in a large group. – George Karlin
- Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm.
- Better to remain silent and be thought of a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. – Abraham Lincoln
- The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limit. – Albert Einstien
- When your profile consists of all selfies, probably you need to get a life.
- Maybe if we tell people that brain is an app, they’ll start using it.
- Don’t worry about what I am doing. Instead, worry about why you’re worried about what I am doing.
- Everything is funny if you can laugh at it.
- You never appreciate anything until it’s gone. Toilet paper is a good example.
- The more I know people, the more I like dogs. – Mark Twain
- I am multitasking. I can listen, ignore and forget at the same time.
- Dear life, could you at least start using lubricant?
- Before you judge someone else, try to keep in mind that may be you’re a piece of shit too.
- Most people with low self- esteem have earned it. – George Garlin
- I try not to worry much, not because nothing matters but because everything does.
- When someone says,” expect the unexpected.” Slap them and ask “did you expect that?”
Sarcastic quotes and saying can teach us lifelong lessons. They hold power to amuse us while our minds resonate with their powerful underlying meaning.
It is entertaining and priceless. It makes us humble. It can initiate an association. But do not let it control your sentiments, behaviors and relationships.
Use your words to amuse not to hurt others. Be straightforward and relate yourself with others in a way that commemorates the good things in life.
Wit and humor can give our pessimism an outlet. They shape our lives and promote creative thinking. They make people think and respond differently than the usual routine.
A fair reason to accept sarcasm is to support good humor and fun. It heals wounds and elicits confessions. It makes us a better friend and assists in winning arguments.
So folks, warmly welcome sarcasm in your life to enjoy your LOL moments and connections springing from it.
You must have enjoyed reading these sarcastic quotes and sayings. Do not forget to share this page with your friends. It takes no money to pass on smiles.
Don’t Simply Treat Others How You Want to be Treated
Treating people right is the biggest dilemma that our generation is trying to resolve. Every step we take feels like a step backward.
The world we live in is full of people who continuously search for opportunities to take advantage of the other person. However, not everyone is the same. The same world consists of people who are true to the core and mean well for you.
Some numerous debates and theories try to highlight the best of treating a person. We will draw a comparison between two of the most common approaches; Golden rule and Platinum rule, to help you develop a better understanding of which one is the most effective.
The Origin of Maxim Golden Rule
The golden rule maxim dates back to the earliest periods of human history. It has been a foundation stone and a critical element in numerous religions and cultures. It is a lesson of righteousness and reciprocity that teaches one to treat others the same way they wish others will treat them.
Different research suggests different timings to be the actual origin of the maxim. According to some, it dates back to ancient Egypt. Whereas, others claim the narrations first came in the teachings of Leviticus.
It is a standard part of all of the Abrahamic religions, with Islam being the only one that enforces the rule as a religious obligation for every Muslim to follow.
The Golden Rule (treat others how YOU want to be treated) VS The Platinum Rule (treat others how THEY want to be treated)
As time moved one, the Golden rule became a topic of constant debate and drew criticism from numerous philosophers around the globe.
The Golden rule teaches us how to be empathetic and reciprocate someone’s actions towards us. However, according to philosophers, the maxim did not focus on situational requirements. It could lead someone towards irresponsible behavior if there was a difference in the interest and value of two parties.
This conflict gave birth to a new ideology known as the “Platinum Rule,” which teaches us about treating others according to their desire. It takes the Golden rule a step forward and focuses on the critical role that situations and preferences play in managing people.
It allows people to put themselves in the shoes of others and then make decisions according to how they would want to be treated. A typical example of the Platinum rule is ignoring prejudice against someone’s race or religion when you decide how you are going to act towards them. Instead, your actions are similar to how the other person would want them to be.
How to Figure Out the Best Way to Treat Others (10 Ways make “YOU” into “THEY”)
1. Practice empathy – We are often unable to understand the course of one’s action. There are times when these actions end up hurting us, whereas they were not even about us in the first place. We fail to see past those actions and ignore the importance of understanding one’s behavior.
By keeping the Golden rule in mind, we will enable us to look past a person’s actions and move toward understanding the distress they may be in. It will ultimately allow us to practice the Platinum Rule, and treating them the right way will not only help us diffuse the situation but also improve the other person.
2. Avoid pointing out other’s flaws – By pointing flaws and drawing comparisons, we make people walk on a path of insecurities and force them to adopt a negative outlook on life and society. It is one of the most common problems that people in the modern age are suffering from.
Bullying is a typical example of such a situation, and numerous incidents are reported daily. It has become a significant cause of suicide in children in their teens, as they are unable to find the will to cope-up and face the negativity that surrounds them.
If we switch sides and become the point of unnecessary focus, we will understand the pain that these actions cause. Considering and treating them as equal will not only allow them to feel the same way as you do but will teach them to overcome their flaws and focus on the positivity that life has to offer.
3. Avoid looking down on people – Not everyone is born with a golden spoon in their mouth. Even in such modern times, a considerable percentage of the world population lives under the poverty line.
While many of them work day and night to try and make their way to the top, some are in such a bad condition that they are not even capable of saving themselves. It is a way of life, and keeping a sane eye makes us look towards the actual reason why such people are unable to change their circumstances.
We need to educate ourselves, and instead of looking down on them, we need to change the world into a better place. The golden rule teaches us to seek the same for others that we will aim for ourselves. If we ask a better tomorrow for ourselves, we should find a better tomorrow for them.
Additionally, we should ensure that we never hurt the pride of such people. Pride is often the last thing they’re left with, and we need to be careful about what we say or do. Else, we might do something that will shatter their only hope. It is a part of the Platinum rule that we should always keep in mind.
4. Stay fair at all times – Staying fair is a social norm that everyone must adapt. It allows society to progress as a whole. In recent times, we have seen a lot of social welfare organizations taking steps to help the oppressed reach an equal ground. However, it is still nothing but a far-fetched dream.
By understanding the concept of the golden rule, we know the importance of equality. It is a principle that we learn in both ethics and religion and should practice at all times. However, since every person and situation is different, there are times when we need to identify the weather and focus on fairness or justice. Treating everyone the same way is fairness, whereas there are situations when we need to be more considerate towards a specific individual, which is justice.
Being fair and just are two traits that we should keep close to our hearts at all times. These are critical steps toward becoming a better person.
5. Learning to respect others – Respect is a concept that every human consciously or sub-consciously strives for. It is a social element that every person deserves, and as humans, we need to ensure that we give people what they deserve.
Irrespective of whatever the age, class, race, or religion, we need to consider everyone as equal and treat them the way we want others to treat us. Additionally, there are certain situations in which you need to be a bit more considerate, as you may unintentionally hurt a person.
A typical example of the situation is offering Pork to a Muslim or special treatment because of a person’s race. While your intentions may be well and out of respect, your actions may lure them down. Instead, it is best to treat them the way they wish to be treated.
6. Avoid manipulating others – Manipulation is the most common sin that we can find in the modern world. People often manipulate and deceive others for their gain.
Every human has the right to think their way, carry an opinion, and act according to their will. However, the society we live in tries to overlap these factors. A typical example is a manipulation by the hands of an influential personality.
If the tables turn, and we get to experience how people maneuver our thoughts, it is the last thing that we would want for ourselves. Additionally, respect for one’s opinion is a fundamental human right and a lesson that we learn from the Platinum rule maxim. We should follow it at all times.
7. Avoid prejudice – As the famous quote goes, “do not judge a book by its cover.” Similarly, we should refrain from forming opinions or judging people, especially when we know nothing about them.
One thing that we often experience in movies is that the misfit often turns out to be the hero, Clark Kent. With facts unknown, perceived as a villain, he turns out to be the only hope for survival. A lesson that all of us must learn and implement in our daily lives.
By forming prejudice, in our minds, we try to snatch the power from one to show us their true selves. Instead, we develop a negative image of them, which is unlike something that we would want for ourselves. As the Golden rule teaches us, we should consider everyone as equal and be open to give them a chance.
Some people are introvert by nature, and pushing them too much, even with good intentions, might cause them to close further. Hence, they must keep the Platinum rule in mind and be open to accepting people the way they want to be taken.
8. Accountability – Actions speak louder than words, and words can go from wisdom to war. Everything we say or do has repercussions and demands that we think before we leap.
For example, there is always a fine line between a joke and an insult. Something that can be funny to us can be mean and hurtful for others. Hence, we should always position ourselves as others and only speak what we feel will be acceptable to ourselves. It is the foundation that we learn in the Golden rule.
However, there can be situations that may demand you to sugarcoat the truth. For example, someone who doesn’t have a healthy mind may not have the courage to digest the facts. In such situations, you should always keep the Platinum rule in mind, and choose your words very carefully.
9. Refrain from commenting on physical appearance – Physical appearance is a sensitive matter for everyone. Even if someone denies it, the fact is that it is the only factor that can make a person feel conscious about themselves.
Remembering the teachings of the Golden rule, we should only say what we will like to hear about ourselves. Passing negative or hurtful comments is not something that anyone wants to hear, especially if someone has physical retardation or genetic problem.
Autism is an increasing problem, and people worldwide are launching initiatives to educate people about how an autistic child wants others to treat them. It teaches us a great deal about the Platinum rule that we should adopt when dealing with others.
10. Avoid objectifying people – Perhaps the most important rule that one should remember; people are people and not an object.
A lot of people consider others as an object that has no emotions. Whereas, every human is the same, and we should never forget that. By following the Golden rule, we can identify what actions might hurt us, and how the same actions by us can hurt someone else.
Additionally, there are some people with additional or special needs. Unless we consider them human and treat them the way they want, we are unable to give them the courage to fight the situation. Hence, we should always keep the Platinum rule close to our hearts.
How This Ultimate Platinum Rule Refines the Interpersonal Relationships on the Way to Success
Interpersonal skills play a critical role in taking you a step forward in your life.
Communication and delivery are critical elements of a professional career. Unless you can communicate with the third party, you will always find a void that needs to be filled.
With the help of the Platinum rule, you are not only able to communicate but also understand the needs of others and prioritize them. For example, treating your in-line manager the way he wants to be treated will allow you to communicate better with them.
The Golden and Platinum maxim are a way of life that people often consider, yet forget to make a part of their daily life. These maxims allow us to evolve and become a better person.
By treating people the right way, we are not only making the society a better place, but we are also teaching them the right way to treat us. Whatever goes around, comes back around.
66 Unforgettable Emotional Quotes on Love, Life & Friendship
67 Inspirational Autism Quotes That Will Make a Different Life
63 Most Memorable Batman Quotes from Your Super Hero
74 Hippie Quotes to Help Bust Your Stress
72 Fishing Quotes That Will Make You Want to Head Out on the Water
The Universe Quotes Collection That Will Change Your Thinking
20 Unbeatable Ways to Simplify Your Life in 15 Minutes or Less
65 Sad Life Quotes to Express Yourself During Tough Times
69 Volunteer Quotes to Inspire People to Give Back
110 Healing Affirmations for Body, Mind & Soul Repair
70 Inspirational Quotes about Mentors to Uplift Your Spirit
65 Sad Life Quotes to Express Yourself During Tough Times
Interpersonal Communication – The Definitive Guide
Ultimate List for Boss Quotes 2020
110 Healing Affirmations for Body, Mind & Soul Repair
69 Volunteer Quotes to Inspire People to Give Back
The Universe Quotes Collection That Will Change Your Thinking
72 Fishing Quotes That Will Make You Want to Head Out on the Water
74 Hippie Quotes to Help Bust Your Stress
20 Unbeatable Ways to Simplify Your Life in 15 Minutes or Less
Motivation5 months ago
82 Beach Quotes and Sayings to Make Your Day
Motivation7 months ago
79 Haters Quotes and Sayings to Motivate You
Quotes4 months ago
111 Fake People Quotes and Sayings with Images
LifeStyle4 months ago
68 Inspiration Quotes by Nipsey Hussle to Help Build a Better Life
Growth6 months ago
When Life Gives You Lemons, Add Sugar and Water, Make Lemonade
Motivation5 months ago
79 Hustle Quotes to Boost Your Motivation (with images)
Growth4 months ago
75 Powerful Quotes to Sharpen Your Communication Skills
LifeStyle6 months ago
65 Funny Hair Quotes 2020 (Ready for Social Media Sharing)