When something terrible happens, it takes some time to get over the pain and feel secure again.
It is quite natural but does not let your psychological and emotional traumas to shatter your confidence and leave you helpless and disconnected in this world. The feelings of pain can make us feel numb and difficult to trust people.
Coping with it can be difficult and overwhelming, but this inspiring compilation of pain quotes and sayings from acclaimed American talk show host Oprah Winfrey, the famous basketball player turned businessman Michael Jordan, the most loved Brazilian lyricist and novelist Paulo Coelho and the many more can serve as your guide to fiercely deal with bad experiences of life and leaving them behind to move on in life.
Let’s embark on the journey of deeper healing and growth together.
Pain Quotes That Will Make You Feel Stronger
- No matter how much it hurts you, someday you will look back and realized your struggles changed you for the better.
- Turn your wounds into wisdom. –Oprah Winfrey.
- Some people think to be strong is to never feel pain. In reality, the strongest people are the ones who feel it, understand it and accept it.
- Every failure is a gift; every pain is the opportunity. –Maxim Legace
- I am strong because I’ve been weak, I am fearless because I’ve been afraid and I am wise because I’ve been foolish.
- I am not afraid of storms, as I am learning to sail my ship. – Louisa May Alcott.
- Failure gave me strength. Pain was my motivation. – Michael Jordan
- You have to be strongest when you are at your weakest. –Kushandwizdom
- Whatever positive changes you want to make in your life, acceptance of how and where you are at the present moment is one of the keys to moving forward.
- Stop keeping track of mistakes you have made – it’s time to forgive yourself.
- The pain you feel today will be the strength you will feel tomorrow.
- Smile and let everyone know that today, you’re a lot stronger than yesterday.
- The past is not today. The past cannot be changed, forgotten, or removed. It can only be accepted. We all have mistakes, struggles and even regret about things. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here now with more POWER shape your day and your future.
- Pain is a gift by Gods Of Growth.
Everyone wants to dodge sufferings as much as possible. But unfortunately, there is no chance of pain-free existence for anyone. Happiness comes with pain. Challenges mark emotional and intellectual growth.
Obstacles in life predict success. We should take them as a core component of long-term joys. Miseries and hardships change us significantly. All the successful people in history have dealt with their pains bravely and saw it as an opportunity to become wiser, compassionate and more substantial.
Pain brings people together to cherish their relationships. It is a chance to re-evaluate everything to change the direction of life for a meaningful purpose.
Agony is undoubtedly frustrating, but brave souls always pave their paths even in the darkest hours. Nothing can stop them.
This collection of quotes will help you find answers to change your life than stopping at questions and wasting time.
Love and Pain Sayings for Her or Him
- Our greatest pain and greatest joy come in relationship with others. –Stephen R. Covey
- Hearts united in the pain and sorrow will not be separated by joy and happiness. Bonds that are woven in the sadness are stronger than the ties of joy and pleasure. Love that is washed with tears will remain eternally pure and faithful. –Khalil Gibran
- And you cannot see all scars your love has caused.
- Sometimes they never wanted to hurt you; they just didn’t care at all.
- It is painful to realize that after keeping someone as your priority for so long, you were just on the bottom list of his options.
- Since I can’t be with you right now, I will have to be content just dreaming about when we will be together again. – Susan Polis Schutz
- There is one pain I often feel, which you will never know. It’s caused by the absence of you. –Ashleigh Brilliant
- The greatest tragedy of life is not that men perish, but that they cease to love. –W. Somerset Maugham
- There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart. –Mahatma Gandhi
- If love can fade, so can the pain.
- Perhaps watching someone you love suffer can teach you even more than suffering yourself can. –Dodie Smith
Love is precious yet hard, scary, but all of us yearn for it, and above everything, it is painful. Pain and love are eternal lovers. They always go hand in hand. No love in this world comes without afflictions.
The most-loved and well-rounded people we have ever met have faced torments of heartbreak. Romeo Juliet, Antony and Cleopatra, Hamlet and Ophelia and many more, everyone’s love story is replete with suffering and agony.
Their deconstruction enables them to restructure and refine themselves into a masterpiece. The pain they endure, make them travel a painstaking experience of falling apart and coming back to life with more vigor and strength.
The pain works a magical potion to fine-tune our souls and hearts and fill them with understanding, sympathy and profound wisdom that can’t be gained by any other way.
Pain is the window to love. Folks, these shared quotes aim at inspiring you daily. They make us think, smile and cry to understand the symphony of love and pain.
Quotes about Pain and Suffering
- Without pain, there would be no suffering; without suffering, we would never learn from our mistakes. To make it right, pain and suffering is the key to all windows; without it, there is no way of life.
- Pain and suffering are the soil of strength and courage. – Lurlene McDaniel.
- Pain and sufferings are always inevitable for a larger intelligence and a deep heart. The really great man must, I think, have great sadness on the earth. –Fyodor Dostoevsky
- Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you. –Ovid
- Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional –Haruki Murakami
- Pain and suffering are a secret. Kindness and love, they are a secret. But I have noticed that kindness and love can pay for pain and suffering. –Alan Paton
- Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars. –Khalil Gibran
- Delusional pain hurts just as much as from actual trauma. So what if it’s all in your head? –Tracy Morgan
- Pain and suffering have come into your life, but remember pain, sorrows, sufferings are but the kisses of Jesus, a sign that you have come so close to Jesus that he can kiss you. – Mother Teresa
- Although the word is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it. –Helen Keller
- The pain of yesterday is the strength of today. – Paulo Coelho
- The truth is that everyone gonna hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for. –Bob Marley
Distress and ache are inescapable, endurance is our choice. It is in our hands that how we deal with traumas. We determine our response to things. It is a personal choice to deal with the most horrific situations.
Pain and sufferings provide interpersonal strength and grace to focus energies on owning the wounds. Do not think, “why me?” , “Life is unfair.”, or “I can’t handle it”.
Helen Keller, Mother Teresa, Bob Marley and many other legends like them have proved that pain is inevitable, but the response is one’s own choice. Suffering is multiplied with anger, anxiety and irritability.
Negative thinking can make things worse. Our thoughts make us miserable. Use your pains to make you, not to break you.
Emotional and Physical Pain Quotes
- The only antidote to mental suffering is physical pain. –Karl Marx
- You don’t know the pain and suffering until you are staring at yourself in the mirror with tears in eyes, begging yourself to hold and be strong, that’s the pain.
- There are two types of pain in the world, the pain that hurts you and the pain that changes you.
- Time doesn’t heal emotional pain, you need to learn how to let go. –Roy T. Bennet.
- Sit with the pain until it passes, and then you will be calmer for the next one. –Naval Ravikant
- Pain is only the weakness leaving your body.
- Healing doesn’t mean that the pain never existed. It means the damage no longer controls the lives.
- The natural healing force in each of us is the greatest force in getting well.
- There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds. –Laurell K. Hamilton.
- There’s nothing like a little physical pain to keep your mind off your emotional problem. –John E Sarno
- The heart was made to be broken. –Oscar Wilde
- People seldom see the halting and painful steps by which the most insignificant success is achieved. –Anne Sullivan
- We cannot selectively numb emotions; when we numb the negative emotions, we also numb the positive emotions.
- Tears come from the heart and not from the brain.
Why do emotions hurt?
Social rejections, failures in life, physical disabilities, or ailments can cause a physical and emotional breakdown. We resort to taking pain relievers for physical sufferings but do not tend to our emotional agonies.
We, the modern men, are more mechanical than social creatures, but still, the heartbreak, bad behaviors, deprivation and loss, everything affects us.
Physical injuries are visible to everyone, but emotional wounds are invisible. Both require healing. We cannot get rid of them as one is dependent upon the other. Pain is the body’s natural armor, an adaptive reaction to felt threat.
By reading about famous people’s reactions to physical and emotional pains, you can learn the art of keeping the pains at bay to boost the healing capacity and overcome chronic fears of loss and heartbreak.
Deep Pain Quotes about Life
- When people hurt you over and over, think of them as sandpaper. They may scratch you, but in the end, you end up polished, and they end up useless.
- In life, a mile deep with stress is a mile deep in pain, and it needs courage.
- We can not learn without pain. –Aristotle
- Adversity is the first path to truth. –Lord Byron
- Great things never come from comfort zone.
- Being able to walk pain-free is a blessing. Being able to walk without showing it is a skill.
- No words are enough to express the pain of soul.
- If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment. –Marcus Aurelius
- Pain doesn’t show up in our lives for no reason. It’s a sign that something needs to be changed.
- True self-discovery begins when your comfort zone ends. –Adam Braun
Do you know the best teacher in the world?
Adversity is the best teacher. The more you run from it, the more you have to deal with it. It is never too late to accept this bitter reality that we have to feel our pains.
Accept and dissolve is the key to overcome suffering and traumas. All the pain is an outcome of attachments to things, persons, or places. It is our connections that trouble us.
Set things free and see the magic of satisfaction when life moves on its natural course. Afflictions come and go. Nothing is permanent in life as P.B Shelly says, “If winter comes can spring be far behind.”
Pain is the truth. It is a way to cleanse and purify the soul. It is not a punishment but a blessing to transform bitterness of life into sweet and kind gestures and to recreate the things again. It is the way to love and to be loved.
My Personal Favorite Pain Captions
- You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens. –Rumi
- Let go of the past. –Robert Greene
- You have to learn to smile through your pain. Sometimes it’s all you got.
- Monsters don’t sleep under your bed; they scream in your head.
- Sometimes emotional pain is necessary for your growth.
- Learning is a gift, even if the pain is your teacher.
- Healing is an art. It takes time; it takes practice; it takes love.
- Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. –Khalil Gibran
- It is always by way of pain; one arrives at pleasure. –Marquis De Sade.
- Pleasure of love lasts but for a moment, the pain of love lasts a lifetime. –Bette Davis
- One word frees us of all weight and pain of life; that word is love. –Sophocles
- It has been said that the time heals all the wounds, but I don’t agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone. –Rose Kennedy
- I am better off healed than I ever was broken. –Beth Moore
- I think it is important to realize that you can miss something, but not want it back. –Paulo Coelho
- The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.
Pain is the naked reality of life. With these fascinating caption quotes, you can discover the warrior within you. It will assist you in reminding that you are stronger than the tribulations you faced.
No pain is equal to no gain. We have to overcome the hardest situations because life is a precious gift from God and it cannot be wasted. Constraints make us appreciate life and love people more dearly to value them.
Hardships, afflictions and sufferings teach us to survive in difficult times. The above-shared quotes, sayings and proverbs are collected from various sources to help you muster up your courage. It will render you the fortitude to face the pains to appreciate the blessings of life.
There is never a win-win in pain and suffering. Either you face your traumas courageously to make you a bigger and better person or you hid like a coward to run away from your discomforts.
We all have a choice. We can become a slave of our pains or conquer them head-on to be the better version of ourselves.
Power Nap: What It Is
Have you ever found yourself half asleep, with your head dangling, during a lesson? When you awoke embarrassed, did you feel partially recharged with energy? Here, this is a power nap for you.
Basically, it’s nothing more than a nap. This practice was born and developed in America, where now there are many companies that not only allow employees to take a nap, but also provide real spaces dedicated to the purpose. This is because positive effects have been found in employees who take 15 or 20 minutes to take a nap in moments of severe fatigue. Much better than a coffee!
The power nap, “rest that strengthens”, has been “designed” specifically to allow you to quickly recharge your energy and thus help the brain to work better, improve concentration, memory, and even mood because after a break regenerating you are certainly happier. All without the risk of waking up dazed and dazed after having slept too much.
We would also like to give you another tip which is not about sleep but also night helps you with your academic load. It is really helpful if you have an essay writing service online, to which you can turn when you are running out of time on your essays.
How Much Sleep?
There are different schools of thought on how good it is to sleep to properly benefit from the real effects of the power nap. I suggest you take a nap that goes from 15 to 20 minutes.
There are also shorter “options” such as the nano nap of 2 to 5 minutes. What is certain is that this time will hardly be enough for you to fall asleep. Then you can use the nano nap to briefly enter a state of relaxation which helps to help you recharge your batteries a little.
It can be a bit “dangerous” to go beyond 20 minutes. Already after 30, waking up is more difficult. Absolutely to avoid are the 60 and 90 minutes after which we no longer speak of nap, but real deep sleep!
Getting up, perhaps in the middle of the afternoon, from a deep sleep throws you into that state of “God, who am I, where am I, what year is it, why do I have drool on my chin?”. It’s almost worse than not having slept at all, because getting rid of this sense of fatigue and dullness won’t allow you to quickly get on the books, going against the purpose of the power nap.
How to Do an Ideal Power Nap
When you are on the books and feel a sense of heaviness and sleepiness, it is the right time to do the power nap. Let’s see how! We have said that “nap” means nap, but you don’t have to sleep, it will also be useful to just drop yourself into a state of relaxation.
The first thing to do is to find a place. Bed, sofa, armchair, chair… wherever you like! You put yourself there, set the alarm that will remind you to get up, but then you put the silence on your cell phone and don’t touch it anymore so that nothing and nobody can distract you from your moment of relaxation.
You close your eyes, let yourself go, think of something beautiful and at this point, if you are so tired, you will fall asleep. At the end of your 20 minutes, the alarm will sound, and it is very important to get up on the first try without indulging in the desire to get some more sleep. To do this you can use the 5-second rule (you can find it among the free resources).
Then you get up, move and stretch to reactivate the circulation. Maybe you rinse your face and then drink a nice glass of cool water to rehydrate. You will see that once you get up you will immediately feel more energetic and rested!
The all-around tip is to drink coffee or green tea before taking your nap. In fact, caffeine does not act immediately, it takes some time to be absorbed. The time it takes for you to rest and take effect when you wake up. So, if you take some before the 20 minutes power nap, once you get up you will feel even more invigorated and that will be the right time to start your afternoon study session.
After a Power Nap
Once awakened from the power nap you put yourself on the books. But remember to study in cycles, because too many consecutive hours spent studying contribute to drowsiness and tiredness.
As I have said many other times, the ideal is to follow study cycles which, being interspersed with the right breaks, allow you to keep your attention high and not overload your brain. Do 40-minute study sessions, then take a nice 10/15 minute break to disconnect, and before starting over, spend 5 minutes reviewing.
So, here’s a quick way to quickly recharge your energy when you’re sleepy and don’t feel like studying. Remember, however, that the power nap cannot in any way replace a good and sacrosanct dose of serious and well-done sleep. So, try to sleep the right hours during the night, avoiding staying up for the mad and desperate study at the last minute!
3 Ways That Senior Citizens Can Prevent Injuries and Illnesses
As we age, our bodies go through certain changes— and continue to change in middle and late adulthood. We reach our peak bone density around age 30 and also begin to lose muscle mass around this age. This is why older adults are more prone to falls that result in fractures, broken bones, and even death.
On top of this, we’re also more likely to develop a number of age-related diseases, such as dementia, hearing and vision problems, cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, type 2 diabetes, and cancer. Here are three ways that older adults can prevent these illnesses and injuries.
Eating the right foods can truly serve as medicine in the majority of cases. For example, osteoporosis (also known as brittle bone disease) causes bones to thin and become more brittle. This disease is very common in individuals over the age of 50. The good news is that a diet rich in calcium and vitamin D can help support strong bones.
Some of the best calcium and vitamin D sources include:
- Chia seeds (calcium)
- Lentils and beans (calcium)
- Leafy green vegetables (calcium)
- Salmon, tuna, and other fatty fish (vitamin D and calcium)
- Egg yolks (vitamin D)
- Mushrooms (vitamin D)
- Sunshine (vitamin D)
Good nutrition also helps you maintain a healthy weight, which plays a huge role in preventing cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes. Eating nutritiously can also help prevent certain types of cancers. Foods high in antioxidants can help fight free radicals in the body, which are known to cause cancer. Examples of antioxidant-rich foods include:
- Berries (acai, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc)
- Carotenoids (carrots, pumpkin, sweet potatoes)
- Flavonoids (apples, broccoli, celery, green tea, kale, onion)
Smoking cigarettes is one of the worst habits that someone can pick up because of all of the health issues associated with smoking. Not only does smoking increase your risk of developing lung cancer, it also puts you at risk for developing other chronic diseases, such as:
- Age-related macular degeneration
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Heart disease
- Other types of cancer
The good news is that once you quit smoking, your risk of developing all of these diseases will decrease sharply. Unfortunately, this is a very addictive habit that’s very hard to quit. If you’re a smoker, there are resources out there that can help you quit. If you’re a nonsmoker, don’t start smoking.
Examples of other bad habits that are detrimental to health include:
- Too much sun exposure with or without sunscreen (leads to skin cancer)
- Excessive tanning in tanning beds (leads to skin cancer)
- Listening to loud music or working in loud areas without proper ear protection (leads to hearing loss)
Combined with healthy eating and avoiding bad habits, regular exercise is the icing on the cake when it comes to avoiding illnesses and injuries in later life. Just keep in mind that exercise not done properly can lead to injury, so it’s important to always make sure that you have correct form. You should also start with light physical activity instead of an intense workout if you haven’t exercised before, or if it’s been a while. Physical activity can range from something as simple as walking to something as complex as weight training.
Examples of physical activity include:
- Cleaning your house
- Mowing your lawn
- Walking in the park
Maintaining your strength and balance allows you to remain independent as you age. Many senior citizens rely on walkers, wheelchairs, and even other people to be able to get around and make it through the day. Some even have to transition to assisted living instead of living in their own homes. Unfortunately, those with limited mobility living in assisted living facilities are also at a higher risk of suffering injuries from nursing home staff— which is considered nursing home abuse.
The best time to start working on a healthier lifestyle is now— you don’t have to wait until you’re older. If you’re already a senior citizen (65 and older), it’s never too late to start living healthier. Even if you’re currently experiencing one or more of these illnesses, a change in your lifestyle can speed up your recovery and/or help you to manage your illness better. You can even lower the risk of developing another age-related illness.
Before making any major changes to your diet and lifestyle, you should consult with your doctor— especially if you’re older in age. Your doctor can help you determine the best diet and lifestyle adjustments.
5 Types of Face Protection & How They Work
To ensure our safety in various places, whether for health reasons or protection, we need different kinds of face protection. Wearing an element to protect our face allows us to freely do what we need to do without increasing the risk of causing us harm.
Several types of face protection are available, depending on their purposes. Let’s talk about what they are and how each type of facial covering works.
Face masks are one of the most common and effective ways to cover your face, preventing the spread of viruses and several infections. Several face masks are available, but they serve the same purpose: to protect you and ensure your health and safety. Additionally, wearing face masks is one of the most important infection control strategies to help eradicate cross-contamination.
Generally, face masks mainly work by preventing respiratory droplets from scattering, not allowing people to contract diseases. When you have a cough or cold, you can wear a mask to protect other people and limit the spread of your infection.
Several types of face masks are available everywhere, and MedCart manufactures some of the best variants that offer outstanding protection and safety. While the most common ones are disposable surgical masks you can wear only once, there are also reusable and cloth options you can handwash and wear anytime.
Face shields can protect your whole face, including your eyes. They mainly prevent chemical splashes from hitting your face, especially when these chemicals are toxic and dangerous. Wearing a face shield also ensures that the wearer’s eyes are protected from any droplets containing any contagious infections.
Another benefit of wearing face shields is the prevention of constantly touching your face with your dirty hands. With a face shield, you prevent possible infectious droplets on your hands from reaching your face, causing contamination.
A possible downside of face shields is that your nose and mouth are exposed, so you can still spread infection when you suddenly cough or sneeze. With this, it’s best that you wear a face mask in conjunction with a face shield for total protection.
Another type of face protection, mainly for the eyes, is general safety goggles. These goggles commonly have a one-piece lens or side shields wrapping around the temple for security. General safety goggles serve as the first level of protection for the eyes and are an essential part of PPE when inside science laboratories. These goggles are a common requirement for various experiments and research in schools.
However, a disadvantage of general safety goggles is their ineffectiveness in protecting your eyes from harmful and toxic chemical splashes. Ultimately, they are only recommended when using harmless and safe solutions like salts and buffers that would not pose a high risk of damaging your eyes.
Aside from diseases, infections, and scientific research, your faces also need maximum protection when playing sports. Raptor masks are the most common type of face protection, preventing injuries during rough sports while still offering comfort and breathability when you play.
Additionally, raptor masks are also useful when you’re still recovering from facial surgery while playing non-contact and contact sports. You will also love this mask’s lightweight and durable construction without obstructing your vision.
Raptor masks are created using advanced technology, ensuring that each mask is fabricated to perfection with the right custom fit to your face. These masks utilize 3D scanning, modeling, and printing to suit your facial features and preferences.
Aside from face shields for medical and sports reasons, welders also use face shields to protect their faces when they work. Face shields normally are equipped with welder helmets, safety goggles, and side shields to ensure maximum protection, preventing burns, injuries, and accidents.
These face shields are commonly constructed using metal and are worn to protect the entire head, not just the face. Protecting the entire head is beneficial in a welder’s job because of sparks and debris that may fly and hit their faces.
You always need to protect your face, no matter your job or profession. From face masks and goggles, to face shields, you’ll find one that matches what you need. They ensure your face is safe from debris, chemical splashes, and respiratory droplets that can cause severe consequences and spread infections and viruses.
Mind Maps to Study at Super Speed!
Power Nap: What It Is
Get the Best Tips for Writing Essays as a College Student
3 Ways That Senior Citizens Can Prevent Injuries and Illnesses
Top 10 Proofreading Tips to Improve Your Resume
5 Underrated US Cities for Real Estate Investing
How Just Sold Postcards Help Real Estate Agents Obtain New Listings
Interested in Nursing? Everything You Need to Know to Make the Career Your Own
Use This Tax-Saving Guide to Save The Most!
How to Write a Personal Statement for Law School: Guides and Tips
Top 10 Proofreading Tips to Improve Your Resume
79 Post Malone Quotes on Staying True to Yourself
95 Juice Wrld Quotes That’ll Inspire You to Be True to Exactly Who You Were Meant to Be
77 Lana Del Rey Quotes that’ll Touch Your Soul
81 J Cole Quotes about Music, Life and Success
83 Kevin Gates Quotes about Life, Success and Music to Inspire Us
71 Singing Quotes to Help Keep Your Musical Passion Flowing
87 Tupac Quotes for Anyone Who Still Misses the Man
Corporate Gift Ideas That Will Leave Your Employees Happy
80 Lil Wayne Quotes That’ll Inspire Us to Live and Enjoy Our Life
- LifeStyle2 years ago
68 Inspiration Quotes by Nipsey Hussle to Help Build a Better Life
- LifeStyle2 years ago
80 Rapper Quotes on Love, Family& Hip Hop That Will Rekindle Your Life
- Growth2 years ago
70 Inspirational Quotes about Mentors to Uplift Your Spirit
- Quotes2 years ago
111 Fake People Quotes and Sayings with Images
- Motivation2 years ago
79 Haters Quotes and Sayings to Motivate You
- Affirmations2 years ago
101 I Am Affirmations for Success, Abundance, Wealth and Happiness
- Affirmations2 years ago
110 Healing Affirmations for Body, Mind & Soul Repair
- Growth2 years ago
70 Best Growth & Fixed Mindset Quotes to Encourage Your Life