When something terrible happens, it takes some time to get over the pain and feel secure again.
It is quite natural but does not let your psychological and emotional traumas to shatter your confidence and leave you helpless and disconnected in this world. The feelings of pain can make us feel numb and difficult to trust people.
Coping with it can be difficult and overwhelming, but this inspiring compilation of pain quotes and sayings from acclaimed American talk show host Oprah Winfrey, the famous basketball player turned businessman Michael Jordan, the most loved Brazilian lyricist and novelist Paulo Coelho and the many more can serve as your guide to fiercely deal with bad experiences of life and leaving them behind to move on in life.
Let’s embark on the journey of deeper healing and growth together.
Pain Quotes That Will Make You Feel Stronger
- No matter how much it hurts you, someday you will look back and realized your struggles changed you for the better.
- Turn your wounds into wisdom. –Oprah Winfrey.
- Some people think to be strong is to never feel pain. In reality, the strongest people are the ones who feel it, understand it and accept it.
- Every failure is a gift; every pain is the opportunity. –Maxim Legace
- I am strong because I’ve been weak, I am fearless because I’ve been afraid and I am wise because I’ve been foolish.
- I am not afraid of storms, as I am learning to sail my ship. – Louisa May Alcott.
- Failure gave me strength. Pain was my motivation. – Michael Jordan
- You have to be strongest when you are at your weakest. –Kushandwizdom
- Whatever positive changes you want to make in your life, acceptance of how and where you are at the present moment is one of the keys to moving forward.
- Stop keeping track of mistakes you have made – it’s time to forgive yourself.
- The pain you feel today will be the strength you will feel tomorrow.
- Smile and let everyone know that today, you’re a lot stronger than yesterday.
- The past is not today. The past cannot be changed, forgotten, or removed. It can only be accepted. We all have mistakes, struggles and even regret about things. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here now with more POWER shape your day and your future.
- Pain is a gift by Gods Of Growth.
Everyone wants to dodge sufferings as much as possible. But unfortunately, there is no chance of pain-free existence for anyone. Happiness comes with pain. Challenges mark emotional and intellectual growth.
Obstacles in life predict success. We should take them as a core component of long-term joys. Miseries and hardships change us significantly. All the successful people in history have dealt with their pains bravely and saw it as an opportunity to become wiser, compassionate and more substantial.
Pain brings people together to cherish their relationships. It is a chance to re-evaluate everything to change the direction of life for a meaningful purpose.
Agony is undoubtedly frustrating, but brave souls always pave their paths even in the darkest hours. Nothing can stop them.
This collection of quotes will help you find answers to change your life than stopping at questions and wasting time.
Love and Pain Sayings for Her or Him
- Our greatest pain and greatest joy come in relationship with others. –Stephen R. Covey
- Hearts united in the pain and sorrow will not be separated by joy and happiness. Bonds that are woven in the sadness are stronger than the ties of joy and pleasure. Love that is washed with tears will remain eternally pure and faithful. –Khalil Gibran
- And you cannot see all scars your love has caused.
- Sometimes they never wanted to hurt you; they just didn’t care at all.
- It is painful to realize that after keeping someone as your priority for so long, you were just on the bottom list of his options.
- Since I can’t be with you right now, I will have to be content just dreaming about when we will be together again. – Susan Polis Schutz
- There is one pain I often feel, which you will never know. It’s caused by the absence of you. –Ashleigh Brilliant
- The greatest tragedy of life is not that men perish, but that they cease to love. –W. Somerset Maugham
- There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart. –Mahatma Gandhi
- If love can fade, so can the pain.
- Perhaps watching someone you love suffer can teach you even more than suffering yourself can. –Dodie Smith
Love is precious yet hard, scary, but all of us yearn for it, and above everything, it is painful. Pain and love are eternal lovers. They always go hand in hand. No love in this world comes without afflictions.
The most-loved and well-rounded people we have ever met have faced torments of heartbreak. Romeo Juliet, Antony and Cleopatra, Hamlet and Ophelia and many more, everyone’s love story is replete with suffering and agony.
Their deconstruction enables them to restructure and refine themselves into a masterpiece. The pain they endure, make them travel a painstaking experience of falling apart and coming back to life with more vigor and strength.
The pain works a magical potion to fine-tune our souls and hearts and fill them with understanding, sympathy and profound wisdom that can’t be gained by any other way.
Pain is the window to love. Folks, these shared quotes aim at inspiring you daily. They make us think, smile and cry to understand the symphony of love and pain.
Quotes about Pain and Suffering
- Without pain, there would be no suffering; without suffering, we would never learn from our mistakes. To make it right, pain and suffering is the key to all windows; without it, there is no way of life.
- Pain and suffering are the soil of strength and courage. – Lurlene McDaniel.
- Pain and sufferings are always inevitable for a larger intelligence and a deep heart. The really great man must, I think, have great sadness on the earth. –Fyodor Dostoevsky
- Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you. –Ovid
- Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional –Haruki Murakami
- Pain and suffering are a secret. Kindness and love, they are a secret. But I have noticed that kindness and love can pay for pain and suffering. –Alan Paton
- Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars. –Khalil Gibran
- Delusional pain hurts just as much as from actual trauma. So what if it’s all in your head? –Tracy Morgan
- Pain and suffering have come into your life, but remember pain, sorrows, sufferings are but the kisses of Jesus, a sign that you have come so close to Jesus that he can kiss you. – Mother Teresa
- Although the word is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it. –Helen Keller
- The pain of yesterday is the strength of today. – Paulo Coelho
- The truth is that everyone gonna hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for. –Bob Marley
Distress and ache are inescapable, endurance is our choice. It is in our hands that how we deal with traumas. We determine our response to things. It is a personal choice to deal with the most horrific situations.
Pain and sufferings provide interpersonal strength and grace to focus energies on owning the wounds. Do not think, “why me?” , “Life is unfair.”, or “I can’t handle it”.
Helen Keller, Mother Teresa, Bob Marley and many other legends like them have proved that pain is inevitable, but the response is one’s own choice. Suffering is multiplied with anger, anxiety and irritability.
Negative thinking can make things worse. Our thoughts make us miserable. Use your pains to make you, not to break you.
Emotional and Physical Pain Quotes
- The only antidote to mental suffering is physical pain. –Karl Marx
- You don’t know the pain and suffering until you are staring at yourself in the mirror with tears in eyes, begging yourself to hold and be strong, that’s the pain.
- There are two types of pain in the world, the pain that hurts you and the pain that changes you.
- Time doesn’t heal emotional pain, you need to learn how to let go. –Roy T. Bennet.
- Sit with the pain until it passes, and then you will be calmer for the next one. –Naval Ravikant
- Pain is only the weakness leaving your body.
- Healing doesn’t mean that the pain never existed. It means the damage no longer controls the lives.
- The natural healing force in each of us is the greatest force in getting well.
- There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds. –Laurell K. Hamilton.
- There’s nothing like a little physical pain to keep your mind off your emotional problem. –John E Sarno
- The heart was made to be broken. –Oscar Wilde
- People seldom see the halting and painful steps by which the most insignificant success is achieved. –Anne Sullivan
- We cannot selectively numb emotions; when we numb the negative emotions, we also numb the positive emotions.
- Tears come from the heart and not from the brain.
Why do emotions hurt?
Social rejections, failures in life, physical disabilities, or ailments can cause a physical and emotional breakdown. We resort to taking pain relievers for physical sufferings but do not tend to our emotional agonies.
We, the modern men, are more mechanical than social creatures, but still, the heartbreak, bad behaviors, deprivation and loss, everything affects us.
Physical injuries are visible to everyone, but emotional wounds are invisible. Both require healing. We cannot get rid of them as one is dependent upon the other. Pain is the body’s natural armor, an adaptive reaction to felt threat.
By reading about famous people’s reactions to physical and emotional pains, you can learn the art of keeping the pains at bay to boost the healing capacity and overcome chronic fears of loss and heartbreak.
Deep Pain Quotes about Life
- When people hurt you over and over, think of them as sandpaper. They may scratch you, but in the end, you end up polished, and they end up useless.
- In life, a mile deep with stress is a mile deep in pain, and it needs courage.
- We can not learn without pain. –Aristotle
- Adversity is the first path to truth. –Lord Byron
- Great things never come from comfort zone.
- Being able to walk pain-free is a blessing. Being able to walk without showing it is a skill.
- No words are enough to express the pain of soul.
- If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment. –Marcus Aurelius
- Pain doesn’t show up in our lives for no reason. It’s a sign that something needs to be changed.
- True self-discovery begins when your comfort zone ends. –Adam Braun
Do you know the best teacher in the world?
Adversity is the best teacher. The more you run from it, the more you have to deal with it. It is never too late to accept this bitter reality that we have to feel our pains.
Accept and dissolve is the key to overcome suffering and traumas. All the pain is an outcome of attachments to things, persons, or places. It is our connections that trouble us.
Set things free and see the magic of satisfaction when life moves on its natural course. Afflictions come and go. Nothing is permanent in life as P.B Shelly says, “If winter comes can spring be far behind.”
Pain is the truth. It is a way to cleanse and purify the soul. It is not a punishment but a blessing to transform bitterness of life into sweet and kind gestures and to recreate the things again. It is the way to love and to be loved.
My Personal Favorite Pain Captions
- You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens. –Rumi
- Let go of the past. –Robert Greene
- You have to learn to smile through your pain. Sometimes it’s all you got.
- Monsters don’t sleep under your bed; they scream in your head.
- Sometimes emotional pain is necessary for your growth.
- Learning is a gift, even if the pain is your teacher.
- Healing is an art. It takes time; it takes practice; it takes love.
- Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. –Khalil Gibran
- It is always by way of pain; one arrives at pleasure. –Marquis De Sade.
- Pleasure of love lasts but for a moment, the pain of love lasts a lifetime. –Bette Davis
- One word frees us of all weight and pain of life; that word is love. –Sophocles
- It has been said that the time heals all the wounds, but I don’t agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone. –Rose Kennedy
- I am better off healed than I ever was broken. –Beth Moore
- I think it is important to realize that you can miss something, but not want it back. –Paulo Coelho
- The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.
Pain is the naked reality of life. With these fascinating caption quotes, you can discover the warrior within you. It will assist you in reminding that you are stronger than the tribulations you faced.
No pain is equal to no gain. We have to overcome the hardest situations because life is a precious gift from God and it cannot be wasted. Constraints make us appreciate life and love people more dearly to value them.
Hardships, afflictions and sufferings teach us to survive in difficult times. The above-shared quotes, sayings and proverbs are collected from various sources to help you muster up your courage. It will render you the fortitude to face the pains to appreciate the blessings of life.
There is never a win-win in pain and suffering. Either you face your traumas courageously to make you a bigger and better person or you hid like a coward to run away from your discomforts.
We all have a choice. We can become a slave of our pains or conquer them head-on to be the better version of ourselves.
65 Sad Life Quotes to Express Yourself During Tough Times
69 Volunteer Quotes to Inspire People to Give Back
110 Healing Affirmations for Body, Mind & Soul Repair
70 Inspirational Quotes about Mentors to Uplift Your Spirit
Ultimate List for Boss Quotes 2020
Interpersonal Communication – The Definitive Guide
101 Sarcastic Quotes for Sarcasm Lovers to Express What You Really Feel
62 Encouraging Scriptures and Quotes to Inspire Your Prayer Life
97 Handpicked Quotes to Remind You the Beauty of Sunsets
Don’t Simply Treat Others How You Want to be Treated
88 Beautiful Quotes From Famous Artists To Inspire
74 Accountability Quotes That Will Inspire You to Follow Though Your Commitments
47 Inspirational Quotes from Brené Brown to Empower You
101 I Am Affirmations for Success, Abundance, Wealth and Happiness
20 Barriers to Effective Communication You Must Overcome
20 Ways to Make You A Successful Businesswoman
97 Handpicked Quotes to Remind You the Beauty of Sunsets
77 Pain Quotes to Help You Heal from Trauma
Top 10 Signs You Need to Hire a Family Lawyer (+Free Legal Help Advice)
80 Motivational Quotes about Living a Happy Life
Motivation4 months ago
82 Beach Quotes and Sayings to Make Your Day
Motivation6 months ago
79 Haters Quotes and Sayings to Motivate You
Quotes3 months ago
111 Fake People Quotes and Sayings with Images
Growth5 months ago
When Life Gives You Lemons, Add Sugar and Water, Make Lemonade
LifeStyle2 months ago
68 Inspiration Quotes by Nipsey Hussle to Help Build a Better Life
Motivation6 months ago
Think Before You Speak: Everything You Wanted to Know
Travel7 months ago
15 Best Places to Visit in Paris
Relationships7 months ago
60 Easy Family Goals That You Can Take Action Now