These autism quotes can give you an insight into how people with this mental inability cope with life and its challenges. If you know anyone around you who has this condition, these quotes can help you better understand how they feel.
Autistic children have extreme behaviors, either they stay very quiet or act angrily. This is because they have a world of their own inside their head. There are many autistic therapies that help these autistic children grow into better adults who are expressive and build strong communication skills with time.
These inspirational autism quotes will help you see people with autism from a different angle; they are not disabled; they are just differently-abled. They deserve love and attention.
Autism Awareness Quotes
- Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it is about learning to dance in the rain. –Vivian Greene
- A child with autism is not ignoring you; they are simply waiting for you to enter their world.
- I don’t need autism awareness; autism acceptance will do just fine. –Jiheishou Daigakusha
- The strongest people are no those that show strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about.
- Autism is not a tragedy; Ignorance is the tragedy.
- If you’ve met one individual with autism, you’ve met one individual with autism. –Stephen M. Shore
- Autism can’t define me; I define autism. –Kerry Magro
- Mild autism doesn’t mean one experiences autism mildly. It means you experience their autism mildly. You may not know how hard they’ve had to work to get to the level they are. –Adam Walton
- On World Autism Awareness Day, we speak out against discrimination, celebrate the diversity of our global community, and strengthen our commitment to inclusion for people with autism. –Antonio Guterres
- Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is you-er than you. –Dr. Seuss
- If I snap my finger and be non-autistic, I would not. Autism is part of what I am. –Temple Grandin
Autism is a developmental disability that can be seen in early childhood. Autistic people have poor communication skills and social interactions.
These people may find difficulty in self-recognition and are unable to build healthy relationships. They may also face behavioral challenges, they are unable to display their emotions and have difficulty in understanding people.
Although autistic people want to be left alone, don’t converse much and are very reserve but they shouldn’t be left alone, all by themselves. They may not showcase their needs and show their interests, but it doesn’t mean that their opinion should not be taken.
In fact, try to talk to them politely, judge their body language to know their interests and needs and make them feel comfortable and as important as everyone else.
Autism Quotes That a Mom Must Know
- Autism is part of my child. It’s not everything he is. My child is so much more than a diagnosis. –S.L. Coelho
- Autism doesn’t come with an instruction guide. It comes with a family who will never give up. –Kerry Magro
- I am the proud parent of the child with autism. I have more to worry about than your opinion. Don’t judge what you don’t know.
- Hope is the greatest thing for moms of autisms. Hope is what gets us out of bed in the morning. I’m on a mission to tell parents that there is a way. –Jenny McCarthy
- As a mother, I will never give up on my child. As the mother of a child who has autism, I will never give up hope. I look into his eyes, and I see all the potential he has to offer to this beautiful world and just know that one day the world will see what I see.
- Even for parents of children that are not on the spectrum, there is no such thing as a normal child. –Violet Steven, Mom
- Your child is the same person before the autism diagnosis as they are after the diagnosis. Your lifestyles and actions may change, but your love for them never will. –Alicia Trautwein
- Until you have a child with special needs, you have no idea of the depth of your strength, tenacity, and resourcefulness.
- There is nothing to be ashamed of. Every child is a blessing.
- People ask what the hardest thing is about having an autistic child, and for me, the answer is easy. What mom doesn’t want to hear her baby tell her that he loves her or to feel his arms around her? –Kristene Barnett
Autism may be a disability for others and maybe because of this, people may count my child as the odd one out, but for me, she/he is unique. My child may not be loud and rowdy but maybe he/she is a little angel in disguise who is a little more than needed involved in his/her own little world where everything fits just right, according to him.
The little angel is an individual who enjoys love and care but just doesn’t express it. He loves to paint and draw but is shy to show his creativity and skills. This child is as beautiful as every other but just a little different.
Inspirational Quotes from Temple Grandin
- What would happen if the autism gene was eliminated from the gene pool? You would have a bunch of people standing around in a cave, chatting and socializing and not getting anything done. –Temple Grandin
- There needs to be a lot more emphasis on what a child can do instead of what he cannot do. –Temple Grandin
- I am different, not less. –Temple Grandin
- The world needs different kinds of minds to work together. –Temple Grandin
- I think that autistic brains tend to be specialized brains. Autistic people tend to be less social. It takes a ton of processors space in the brain to have all the social circuits. –Temple Grandin
- It’s never too late to expand the mind of a person on the autistic spectrum. –Temple Grandin
- The most interesting people you’ll find are ones that don’t fit into your average cardboard box. They’ll make what they need; they’ll make their own boxes. –Temple Grandin
- From a scientific standpoint, Aspergers and Autism are one syndrome. Aspergers is part of the autism spectrum, not a separate disorder. –Temple Grandin
- When I was younger, I was looking for this magic meaning of life. It’s very simple now. Making the lives of others better, doing something of lasting value. That’s meaning of life; it’s that simple. –Temple Grandin
- People are always looking for a single magic bullet that will totally change everything. There is no single magic bullet. –Temple Grandin
Temple Grandin is an author and a spokesperson for humane treatment for animals. She was diagnosed as an autistic child but she never limited herself! She is also a notable advocate for autistic communities and is a professor at the Colorado University!
Being autistic doesn’t mean being any less creative or any less smart. It is only because of their challenging behavior that people are unable to recognize their incredible talent.
It is all about the support and approach you give to an autistic person. Send these inspirational quotes to anyone you know who has autism, these quotes will encourage them to do more!
Funny and Positive Sayings about Autism
- Autism is not a choice. Acceptance is. Imagine if the opposite was true. –Stuart Duncan
- Normal is a dryer setting. –Elizbeth Moon
- Some people with autism may not be able to speak or answer to their name, but they can still hear your words and feel your kindness.
- What do you think made the first stone spears? The Asperger guy. If you were to get rid of all the autism genetics, there would be no more silicon valley. –Temple Grandin
- Children with autism are angels who lost their way to heaven and fell on earth.
- Having Asperger’s means, I am a genius in my own way.
- Children with autism are colorful, they are often very beautiful, and like a rainbow, they stand out. –Adele Devine
- You see, you are only one person; therefore, capable of making a ridiculously enormous difference in the world.
- Autism is not a disability. It is a different ability. –Stuart Duncan
Your disability can never be a hindrance in your path of success. It can make you stand out and maybe above all. Above all those people, who despite being normal do not try hard enough like you, don’t strive to be the source of inspiration like you.
You can make this disability your strength and surprise all or your weakness and lead a pitiful and sympathetic life. Autistic people need a positive attitude; they should never be looked down on. Autism is just a different ability, it doesn’t stop a person from pursuing their goals, they only have a hard time communicating, which can be gradually overcome.
Autism Quotes for Teachers and Parents
- I treasure my meetings with the individuals affected by autism- parents, children, teachers, and friends. They deserve all possible opportunities for education, employment, and integration. –Ban Ki-Moon
- It shouldn’t matter how slowly some children learn as long as we are encouraging them not to stop. –Robert John Meehan
- Children with special needs should be given the best we as educators have to offer. They deserve the best practices, learning environment, material, and technology, coupled with the highest expectations for their success.
- The best thing a special education teacher brings to work are their heart and authenticity. –Amanda Friedman
- I worked for a while as a teaching assistant while I was struggling. I really enjoyed it working with kids with special needs, autism. It takes a hell of a lot of concentration. And you’ve got to focus on the child properly for seven days a week. –Joseph Mawle
- Most people don’t realize that special education teachers are really angels, disgusted as extraordinary humans.
- Parents with autistic children need the support of the entire family. Some times siblings react negatively because they find it hard to admit the problems to friends. They suffer socially and try to keep away from their autistic brothers and sisters. –Sabiha Hossain
- Sometimes all a parent needs is to know the impossible is actually possible. Hope goes a long way when it comes to autism.
- If you ask 99.9 percent of parents who have children with autism if we’d rather have the measles vs. autism, we’d sign up for measles. –Jenny McCarthy
Never make them feel inferior or not capable enough for you don’t truly know their limits. Don’t doubt their capabilities or limit their creativity. Autistic people are already battling inside so it is very important to motivate them to do better and encourage them to do something new.
It’s a challenging task to tackle an autistic individual because they can be very uncooperative at times, but in the struggle don’t snub them, just be kind and mild because they can’t change their nature.
Famous Quotes from People with Autism
- One problem with the way the educational system is set up is that it only recognizes a certain type of intelligence, and it’s incredibly restrictive- very, very restrictive. There’re so many types of intelligence, and people who would be at their best outside of that structure get lost. –Bruce Springsteen
- Autism to me is not ‘wrong,’ not subhuman, not a collection of deficits; it is simply ‘other’—another reality. And like anything different, it is going to jar. –Beth Silver
- My whole thing is to entertain, make people laugh, and forget about the real world for a while. –Dan Aykroyd
- Evil communication corrupts good manners. I hope to live to hear that good communication corrects bad manners. – Benjamin Banneker
- Visions are worth fighting for. Why spend your life making someone else’s dream? –Tim Burton
- A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. –Charles Darwin
- Within every living child exists the most precious bud of self-identity. To search this out and foster it with loving care, that is the essence of educating an autistic child. –Kiyo Kitahara
- The technology in making games and in making anime is really similar. There are common concepts. – Satoshi Tajiri
- Wanting to be free, wanting to be me, trying to make people see. And accept the real me. –Scott Lentine
If you still have doubts about autistic people not doing well, read famous quotes said by people who were autistic and super talented! These famous quotes are from people who are teachers, musicians, comedians and authors.
When autistic children and adults are encouraged, loved and supported, they shine like stars. Never undermine them, always motivate them, they are very sensitive people, but when they want to make a difference, they can turn the world upside down!
My Favorite Quotes about Autism and Aspergers
- When we cheer on each other’s loved ones to succeed as much as our own, every milestone is a celebration.
- I see people with Asperger’s syndrome as a bright thread in the rich tapestry of life. –Tony Attwood.
- Autism offers a chance for us to glimpse an awe-filled vision of the world that might otherwise pass us by. –Dr. Colin Zimbleman
- Forget about the things they can’t do and focus on what they can. Everyone is much more than a diagnosis written on paper.
- Autism is not a puzzle, not a disease. Autism is a challenge, but certainly not a devastating one. –Trisha Van Berkel
- Just because we may want to be by ourselves at times, doesn’t mean we don’t care about you.
- It seems that for success in science and art, a dash of autism is essential. –Hans Asperger
- Girls are generally recognized as superior mimics. Those with Asperger’s syndrome hold back and observe until they learn the ‘rules,’ then imitate their way through social situations. –Tony Attwood
- Showing kindness toward those who are different, and embracing our imperfections as proof of our humanness, is the remedy for fear. –Emma Zurcher-long
These people are not ordinary. They are not easy to talk to, but if you can communicate with them, they make you travel to a different world. This is a world of peace and serenity which exits in their mind. They have knowledge as wide as the ocean. They are compassionate, observant, and kind individuals on the inside.
They are much more than discovered and are yet to be known. Autistic children and adults are very unique, and when it comes to cognitive skills, they are a world apart from any other normal person.
They may not be good speakers but are excellent listeners and secret keepers. Show kindness to them, embrace each other’s imperfections, and eliminate the element of hatred.
Maybe you know someone who is autistic, or you are one yourself, but you know what? There is nothing to be ashamed of. Autistic people are just different, and there is no harm in being different.
So many people out there never discovered their talents because they were bullied at school simply because they were different. Autism is not a disease, it might have some loopholes, but there is nothing you can’t do if you have autism.
Everyone has an equal chance to go ahead and make their life so why doubt yourself because of others? These quotes are dedicated to every autistic person out there.
Don’t give up on yourself; you are to be treasured!
65 ADHD Quotes to Help You Understand It Better
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a common and known mental illness in children. It affects a good number of adults also.
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a medical condition. It is a neurological disease. The elements of the brain are affected by ADHD. It affects our ability to pay attention, sit still, and behavior management capacity.
ADHD is not a disease that can be prevented or cured. It usually affects a child in class, at home, and in friendships. It happens in children and adolescents and would possibly continue into adulthood. It is mostly seen in the initial school years when a kid begins to pay attention to something.
People seldom identify ADHD as a condition of disability, like other visible disabilities, because ADHD is an invisible medical condition. It demands understanding and acceptance. Individuals with ADHD need some accommodation now and then to satisfy their potential.
ADHD Quotes to Open Our Mind
- Picture a room with 1,000 TVs with each TV showing something different. Now try and concentrate on just one TV without getting distracted. –Damian DaViking Aird
- Every person with ADHD already knows that destination addiction is part of their disorder. However, if it doesn’t have a positive outlet, it can destroy your life. It is not another person that will make your life better; it is the qualities in them that you admire. Incorporate those attributes into your own life and you won’t miss a thing. –Shannon L. Alder
- ADHD is real and valid. The sooner we recognize the patterns and learn to work with these kids, the better assured we will be that they as adults with being healthy members of society. –Rhonda Van Diest
- ADHD is not about knowing what to do, but about doing what one knows. –Dr. Russell Barkley
- In the power of fixing the attention lies the most precious of the intellectual habits. –Robert Hall
- Nothing like ADHD and a good fight to the death to make time fly. –Rick Riordan
- It’s more than lack of focus. –Jennifer Lynn
- There is no more miserable human being than one in whom nothing is habitual but indecision. –William James
Children and adults with ADHD are not a burden on us. We should not treat them as absent-minded people. Their suffering from ADHD is real and valid. The earlier we understand the patterns and learn to work with ADHD patients, the better they will become healthy social order members.
To a child, parents and teachers are the most influential person. Their lack of understanding and knowledge about ADHD is disturbing for a child. They should realize that ADHD is not a behavior issue. Instead, it is a mental health issue.
Parents may recognize their kids’ learning difficulties early and create an environment that helps them gain self-confidence, self-esteem, and independence.
In most cases, it is evident that teachers face difficulties communicating within their classrooms. We all need to provide an atmosphere in the school that focuses on promoting all students’ success.
We have to admit that ADHD is something life-destroying. We can easily manage it if we only take good care and meditation. Above are some life turning quotes on ADHD that can change our attitudes towards the ADHD patient.
Funny ADHD Quotes to Make You Laugh
- ADHD is not a disability, it’s a different ability.
- I may have ADHD but ADHD doesn’t have me.
- You say potatoe I say potato. You say pinterest I say ADHD crack. Lets call the whole thing meatloaf. Hi.
- ADHD is just another word for fun, exciting, and adventurous.
- Ask me about my attention deficit disorder or pie or my cat. A dog. I have a bike. Do you like tv? I saw a rock. Hi
- I keep getting distracted while trying to read a book about how not to get distracted.
- I tried being normal once. Most boring two minutes of my life!
- My ADHD makes it hard for me to focus and focus sound like hocus pocus and I really like magic a whole whole lot.
- Nothing says work efficiency like panic mode. –Don Roff
- I don’t have a short attention span, I just… Oh! Look a chicken!
- Forgetting to do the thing that helps me not forget to do things is the thing that I forgot to do.
- You can teach a turkey to climb a tree, but I’d rather hire a squirrel.
There are a lot of people with ADHD who have unique gifts to offer. People with ADHD work twice as hard as anyone else to maintain a sense of normality.
They are different, and being different is not a bad thing. Sometimes it can prove incredibly good indeed! They may feel low when others remind them about their poor performances. But a new way to look at it can change everything in life.
Just love your flaws and laugh along with the chaotic moments instead of beating yourself up over them.
Funny quotes about living with ADHD will help you crack a smile after a stressful, disappointing day.
ADHD Quotes for My Son to Keep in Mind
- Do not say, that child has ADHD. Say it: He wears the 7R gene. –Gert Van Mol
- ADHD is just another word for fun, exciting and adventurous. –Julie Posey
- If we run every class the way we run it for kids with ADHD, we’d probably have a much stronger education system. –Robert Reid
- ADHD is not a choice or bad parenting. Kids with ADHD work twice as hard as their peers everyday but receive more negative feedback from the world. –DRB
- Having a high IQ or being intelligent does not mean ADHD is not a disability. –Y.T.
- Even close family members don’t understand. They think that my daughter is just spoiled. They don’t spend countless hours reading and researching and trying different things to find what works and what doesn’t. –C.A.
- I wish people simply knew that ADHD is so much more than just “being hyper.” –S.S.
- I am not absentminded. It is the presence of mind that makes me unaware of everything else. –G.K. Chesterton
Boys are more vulnerable to have ADHD than girls. Parents of a son with ADHD have to go through with child misbehaves, destructive attitudes, and criticize other people.
The painful truth about ADHD is that outsiders can not see it. So when they see the child’s misbehaviors, they may assume that the child is a brat and the parents are not good enough. Friends and family may criticize the parent’s choices.
ADHD affects the person and the entire family, including parents and the extended family of parental siblings and grandparents. An only a supportive, understanding and loving family can quickly overcome the crises they face due to a son with ADHD.
Such situations may, most of the time, affects the mental peace of your son.
Ask your son to overhear the criticism and advise him to remember the above quotes about ADHD.
ADHD Awareness Quotes to Help Take This Positively
- That’s the other thing: Even if you’re on medication, you still have to treat your body properly and take care of yourself. The idea that ADHD goes away or you grow out of it isn’t true. –Ty Pennington
- ADHD is a neurological and behavioral disorder that affects not only the person with it, but the entire family, including parents and the extended family of parental siblings and grandparents. It tests the limits of the family’s ability to be supportive, understanding and loving. –Dresher Larry
- When you have ADHD your home reflects our thought. Disorganized and in disarray. And like with a disorganized house. you can only apologize for your disorganized brain so many time before it becomes exhausting. –Sarah Young
- When I first took ADHD medications it was just like the first time I got glasses…the world came into focus. I just wish I could have had them forty years ago. My life would be very different.
- For me, anyway, having ADHD is like walking one step in front of a rain cloud, two steps in front of a thunderstorm [and], three steps in front of a tornado. Forgetting things, making careless errors, being confused. … these things can create havoc! The important thing I’ve learned is to accept errors as quickly as I can, remedy the situation, issue an apology as needed…. and keep moving forward. After all, the sky is clear and the sun is shining up ahead! –LJP
- It’s like being a cat with 100 people with laser pointers. –Jamie Hynds
- ADHD is real and valid. The sooner we recognize the patterns and learn to work with these kids, the better assured we will being that they as adults with be healthy members of society. –Rhonda Van Diest
People may be willing to help you if they can see your physical disability. But in the case of ADHD, which is not visible, people neither consider it nor acknowledge the hardship you and your family are going through. Their comments on the behavior only increase the depression of the kids who have ADHD.
These different kids need someone in their corner to support them. They can continuously come up with new ideas and new things. Kids may have many gifts from their ADHD, including unending creativity, thinking outside the box, energy, enthusiasm, and passion for their interests.
To turn a kid into a specially blessed kid, we all need nothing but to take this ADHD positively. These awareness quotes on ADHD will make you think differently about ADHD.
Short ADHD Quotes for Adults to Save for a Bad Day
- Remember that you are not alone. There are others going through the same things. –Adam Levine
- If someone told me I could be normal or continue to have ADD, I would take the ADD. –David Neeleman
- The diagnosis made me want to prove everyone wrong. I knew that, if I collaborated with Micheal, he could achieve anything he set his mind to. –Debbie Phelps
- Normal is overrated. –Lisa Aro
- I didn’t let ADHD prevent me from achieving my goals, and neither should you. –Howie Mandel
- I can only assume what normal is. –Jeffrey Siegel
- Movies kind of saved me from shame –Steven Spielberg
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help, and to admit when you need it. –Charles Schwab
- The very traits that once held Ty back are now his greatest assets –Yvonne pennington
- You can’t change who you are, and you shouldn’t be asked to. –Jonathan Mooney
An adult may be diagnosed with ADHD at any stage of his life. But well-aware of the symptoms throughout his life can save him from being alone throughout life.
While you have ADHD for the rest of your life, it will not hold you back if you make your path to get where you want to go.
Adults also can seek help for ADHD. It’s never too late. ADHD or learning disabilities would not prevent you from becoming a success.
Many adults with ADHD have proved themselves bright, creative, and funny. So don’t dim your energy by trying to fit your outsized personality into society’s little box.
David Neelma, JetBlue Airways founder, invented the e-Ticket and established the airline fighting with ADHD. According to him. Disorganization, postponement, inability to focus, and all the other harmful things of ADHD cannot stop you from being creative and able to take risks.
The iconic Hollywood director Steven Spielberg did not let a learning disability hold him back. He claims his movies saved him from shame.
Be inspired by these ADHD quotes, who never stopped believing they could achieve greatness.
Understanding ADHD Quotes All of Us Need to Read
- There is no more miserable human being than one in whom nothing is habitual but indecision. –William James
- ADHD isn’t a bad thing, and you shouldn’t feel different from those without ADHD. –Adam Levine
- It’s like opening 100 tabs in your browser at once and trying to do something different in each one at the same time. Then someone walks up and wants to have a conversation. –Jennifer Arnott
- This is a mental health issue, not a behavior issue! People including doctors and schools need to recognize it as such! –Ridge Meadows
- Because ADHD is not a visible medical disorder people don’t understand that it is just as disabling as those that are very visible. It requires understanding and acceptance that people with ADHD need some accommodations at times to perform to their potential.
- Be patient with me. Understand why I do the things I do. Don’t yell at me. Believe me, I don’t want to have ADHD. –Joane E Richardson
- It’s like trying to listen to your favorite show with really bad noise disrupting the signal. All the while, loud children are screaming around you and throwing things. –Christine Ashley
Understanding others means to recognize their point of view and accept that it is different from yours. When we know other people’s feelings, it can guide our interactions with them.
We may know someone who lives with ADHD around us. No matter how well we know him, it is not easy to understand the condition and how it affects his behavior. Thinking ADHD as bad is nothing but the frame of mind. It can be changed with little inspiration and a different perspective.
The main obstacle to our understanding of a person with ADHD is the incorrect assumption that they can behave like the rest of us. But in reality, no matter how hard they try, they can not make it possible. The only outcome would be a failure. They are different, we must admit.
ADHD can not be called a disorder, because it may come with so many positive features. People with an ADHD-style nervous system can be great problem-solvers. They are courteous, likable people with a sense of humor.
Attention Deficit Disorder Quotes for Child to Raise Our Attention
- ADD is like going through life, carrying a one-man band contraption with a broken strap. –Julia Smith-Ruetz
- It is difficult to instruct children because of their natural inattention; the true mode, of course, is to first make our modes interesting to them. –John Locke
- I prefer to distinguish ADD as attention abundance disorder. Everything is just so interesting, remarkably at the same time. –Frank Coppola
- ADHD can affect every area of your life. –Natasha McCulloch
- Having a child with ADHD is like having three children. It’s exhausting! –HK
- If we run every class the way we run it for kids with ADHD, we’d probably have a much stronger education system. –Robert Reid
- I am proud of someone with ADHD and I am proud to support ADHD awareness and acceptance.
- Everybody is genius but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
Children with ADHD live in a permanent present and have a hard time learning from the past or looking to the future to see their inevitable consequences.
Consider the qualities that would assure a person’s success in life. You may mention being bright, creative, intelligent, and well-liked, hardworking, diligent, etc. Research has proved that children with ADHD can possess all these traits.
Even a child with ADHD can produce lots of high-quality work in a short time.
We hope these inspiring ADHD quotes for Child will help us give proper attention and remind us what is essential.
Living with ADHD Quotes That’ll Make You More Peaceful
- I am not absentminded. It is the presence of mind that makes me unaware of everything else. –G.K. Chesterton
- People with ADHD often have a special feel for life, a way of seeing right into the heart of matters, while others have to reason their way methodically. –Edward M. Hallowell
- Forgive your child and yourself nightly. You didn’t ask to live with the effects of ADHD any more than did your child. –Martin L. Kutscher
- Living with ADHD is like walking up a down escalator. You can get there eventually but the journey is exhausting. –Kathleen Ely
- Living with ADHD is like being locked in a room with 100 Televisions and 100 Radios all playing. None of them have power buttons so you can turn them off and the door is locked from the outside. –Sarah Young
When someone is diagnosed with ADHD, it may feel like the universe has conspired against him. No effort or positive thinking will make a difference. Such negative thinking tends to lower self-esteem, which leads to bad choices and even worse reactions.
ADHD can make you blunder and feel short on hope sometimes. The key is to cope with setbacks with grace and pick yourself up. Each time you struggle, it builds your strength and resiliency to carry on.
When things are going wrong, you may remember this will pass, and at the finish line, it will all be worthwhile.
ADHD, the brain disorder, is usually spotted during the early school years when a child begins to have problems paying attention. Identifying it early, plus having a fair treatment and education plan, can help a child or adult manage their symptoms.
We must remember that the population with ADHD have unique gifts to offer. They have stories to tell. They can help others. They can work hard and love the people around them.
Without acknowledgment and acceptance of their ADHD by themselves and others, they may bury their gifts. Suppose they are always working on measuring up and are severely misunderstood by their loved ones.
In that case, they may die with their stories. They may fail to learn to express the love they truly feel for the people. Hug them. Help a friend with ADHD.
77 Pain Quotes to Help You Heal from Trauma
When something terrible happens, it takes some time to get over the pain and feel secure again.
It is quite natural but does not let your psychological and emotional traumas to shatter your confidence and leave you helpless and disconnected in this world. The feelings of pain can make us feel numb and difficult to trust people.
Coping with it can be difficult and overwhelming, but this inspiring compilation of pain quotes and sayings from acclaimed American talk show host Oprah Winfrey, the famous basketball player turned businessman Michael Jordan, the most loved Brazilian lyricist and novelist Paulo Coelho and the many more can serve as your guide to fiercely deal with bad experiences of life and leaving them behind to move on in life.
Let’s embark on the journey of deeper healing and growth together.
Pain Quotes That Will Make You Feel Stronger
- No matter how much it hurts you, someday you will look back and realized your struggles changed you for the better.
- Turn your wounds into wisdom. –Oprah Winfrey.
- Some people think to be strong is to never feel pain. In reality, the strongest people are the ones who feel it, understand it and accept it.
- Every failure is a gift; every pain is the opportunity. –Maxim Legace
- I am strong because I’ve been weak, I am fearless because I’ve been afraid and I am wise because I’ve been foolish.
- I am not afraid of storms, as I am learning to sail my ship. – Louisa May Alcott.
- Failure gave me strength. Pain was my motivation. – Michael Jordan
- You have to be strongest when you are at your weakest. –Kushandwizdom
- Whatever positive changes you want to make in your life, acceptance of how and where you are at the present moment is one of the keys to moving forward.
- Stop keeping track of mistakes you have made – it’s time to forgive yourself.
- The pain you feel today will be the strength you will feel tomorrow.
- Smile and let everyone know that today, you’re a lot stronger than yesterday.
- The past is not today. The past cannot be changed, forgotten, or removed. It can only be accepted. We all have mistakes, struggles and even regret about things. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here now with more POWER shape your day and your future.
- Pain is a gift by Gods Of Growth.
Everyone wants to dodge sufferings as much as possible. But unfortunately, there is no chance of pain-free existence for anyone. Happiness comes with pain. Challenges mark emotional and intellectual growth.
Obstacles in life predict success. We should take them as a core component of long-term joys. Miseries and hardships change us significantly. All the successful people in history have dealt with their pains bravely and saw it as an opportunity to become wiser, compassionate and more substantial.
Pain brings people together to cherish their relationships. It is a chance to re-evaluate everything to change the direction of life for a meaningful purpose.
Agony is undoubtedly frustrating, but brave souls always pave their paths even in the darkest hours. Nothing can stop them.
This collection of quotes will help you find answers to change your life than stopping at questions and wasting time.
Love and Pain Sayings for Her or Him
- Our greatest pain and greatest joy come in relationship with others. –Stephen R. Covey
- Hearts united in the pain and sorrow will not be separated by joy and happiness. Bonds that are woven in the sadness are stronger than the ties of joy and pleasure. Love that is washed with tears will remain eternally pure and faithful. –Khalil Gibran
- And you cannot see all scars your love has caused.
- Sometimes they never wanted to hurt you; they just didn’t care at all.
- It is painful to realize that after keeping someone as your priority for so long, you were just on the bottom list of his options.
- Since I can’t be with you right now, I will have to be content just dreaming about when we will be together again. – Susan Polis Schutz
- There is one pain I often feel, which you will never know. It’s caused by the absence of you. –Ashleigh Brilliant
- The greatest tragedy of life is not that men perish, but that they cease to love. –W. Somerset Maugham
- There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart. –Mahatma Gandhi
- If love can fade, so can the pain.
- Perhaps watching someone you love suffer can teach you even more than suffering yourself can. –Dodie Smith
Love is precious yet hard, scary, but all of us yearn for it, and above everything, it is painful. Pain and love are eternal lovers. They always go hand in hand. No love in this world comes without afflictions.
The most-loved and well-rounded people we have ever met have faced torments of heartbreak. Romeo Juliet, Antony and Cleopatra, Hamlet and Ophelia and many more, everyone’s love story is replete with suffering and agony.
Their deconstruction enables them to restructure and refine themselves into a masterpiece. The pain they endure, make them travel a painstaking experience of falling apart and coming back to life with more vigor and strength.
The pain works a magical potion to fine-tune our souls and hearts and fill them with understanding, sympathy and profound wisdom that can’t be gained by any other way.
Pain is the window to love. Folks, these shared quotes aim at inspiring you daily. They make us think, smile and cry to understand the symphony of love and pain.
Quotes about Pain and Suffering
- Without pain, there would be no suffering; without suffering, we would never learn from our mistakes. To make it right, pain and suffering is the key to all windows; without it, there is no way of life.
- Pain and suffering are the soil of strength and courage. – Lurlene McDaniel.
- Pain and sufferings are always inevitable for a larger intelligence and a deep heart. The really great man must, I think, have great sadness on the earth. –Fyodor Dostoevsky
- Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you. –Ovid
- Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional –Haruki Murakami
- Pain and suffering are a secret. Kindness and love, they are a secret. But I have noticed that kindness and love can pay for pain and suffering. –Alan Paton
- Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars. –Khalil Gibran
- Delusional pain hurts just as much as from actual trauma. So what if it’s all in your head? –Tracy Morgan
- Pain and suffering have come into your life, but remember pain, sorrows, sufferings are but the kisses of Jesus, a sign that you have come so close to Jesus that he can kiss you. – Mother Teresa
- Although the word is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it. –Helen Keller
- The pain of yesterday is the strength of today. – Paulo Coelho
- The truth is that everyone gonna hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for. –Bob Marley
Distress and ache are inescapable, endurance is our choice. It is in our hands that how we deal with traumas. We determine our response to things. It is a personal choice to deal with the most horrific situations.
Pain and sufferings provide interpersonal strength and grace to focus energies on owning the wounds. Do not think, “why me?” , “Life is unfair.”, or “I can’t handle it”.
Helen Keller, Mother Teresa, Bob Marley and many other legends like them have proved that pain is inevitable, but the response is one’s own choice. Suffering is multiplied with anger, anxiety and irritability.
Negative thinking can make things worse. Our thoughts make us miserable. Use your pains to make you, not to break you.
Emotional and Physical Pain Quotes
- The only antidote to mental suffering is physical pain. –Karl Marx
- You don’t know the pain and suffering until you are staring at yourself in the mirror with tears in eyes, begging yourself to hold and be strong, that’s the pain.
- There are two types of pain in the world, the pain that hurts you and the pain that changes you.
- Time doesn’t heal emotional pain, you need to learn how to let go. –Roy T. Bennet.
- Sit with the pain until it passes, and then you will be calmer for the next one. –Naval Ravikant
- Pain is only the weakness leaving your body.
- Healing doesn’t mean that the pain never existed. It means the damage no longer controls the lives.
- The natural healing force in each of us is the greatest force in getting well.
- There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds. –Laurell K. Hamilton.
- There’s nothing like a little physical pain to keep your mind off your emotional problem. –John E Sarno
- The heart was made to be broken. –Oscar Wilde
- People seldom see the halting and painful steps by which the most insignificant success is achieved. –Anne Sullivan
- We cannot selectively numb emotions; when we numb the negative emotions, we also numb the positive emotions.
- Tears come from the heart and not from the brain.
Why do emotions hurt?
Social rejections, failures in life, physical disabilities, or ailments can cause a physical and emotional breakdown. We resort to taking pain relievers for physical sufferings but do not tend to our emotional agonies.
We, the modern men, are more mechanical than social creatures, but still, the heartbreak, bad behaviors, deprivation and loss, everything affects us.
Physical injuries are visible to everyone, but emotional wounds are invisible. Both require healing. We cannot get rid of them as one is dependent upon the other. Pain is the body’s natural armor, an adaptive reaction to felt threat.
By reading about famous people’s reactions to physical and emotional pains, you can learn the art of keeping the pains at bay to boost the healing capacity and overcome chronic fears of loss and heartbreak.
Deep Pain Quotes about Life
- When people hurt you over and over, think of them as sandpaper. They may scratch you, but in the end, you end up polished, and they end up useless.
- In life, a mile deep with stress is a mile deep in pain, and it needs courage.
- We can not learn without pain. –Aristotle
- Adversity is the first path to truth. –Lord Byron
- Great things never come from comfort zone.
- Being able to walk pain-free is a blessing. Being able to walk without showing it is a skill.
- No words are enough to express the pain of soul.
- If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment. –Marcus Aurelius
- Pain doesn’t show up in our lives for no reason. It’s a sign that something needs to be changed.
- True self-discovery begins when your comfort zone ends. –Adam Braun
Do you know the best teacher in the world?
Adversity is the best teacher. The more you run from it, the more you have to deal with it. It is never too late to accept this bitter reality that we have to feel our pains.
Accept and dissolve is the key to overcome suffering and traumas. All the pain is an outcome of attachments to things, persons, or places. It is our connections that trouble us.
Set things free and see the magic of satisfaction when life moves on its natural course. Afflictions come and go. Nothing is permanent in life as P.B Shelly says, “If winter comes can spring be far behind.”
Pain is the truth. It is a way to cleanse and purify the soul. It is not a punishment but a blessing to transform bitterness of life into sweet and kind gestures and to recreate the things again. It is the way to love and to be loved.
My Personal Favorite Pain Captions
- You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens. –Rumi
- Let go of the past. –Robert Greene
- You have to learn to smile through your pain. Sometimes it’s all you got.
- Monsters don’t sleep under your bed; they scream in your head.
- Sometimes emotional pain is necessary for your growth.
- Learning is a gift, even if the pain is your teacher.
- Healing is an art. It takes time; it takes practice; it takes love.
- Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. –Khalil Gibran
- It is always by way of pain; one arrives at pleasure. –Marquis De Sade.
- Pleasure of love lasts but for a moment, the pain of love lasts a lifetime. –Bette Davis
- One word frees us of all weight and pain of life; that word is love. –Sophocles
- It has been said that the time heals all the wounds, but I don’t agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone. –Rose Kennedy
- I am better off healed than I ever was broken. –Beth Moore
- I think it is important to realize that you can miss something, but not want it back. –Paulo Coelho
- The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.
Pain is the naked reality of life. With these fascinating caption quotes, you can discover the warrior within you. It will assist you in reminding that you are stronger than the tribulations you faced.
No pain is equal to no gain. We have to overcome the hardest situations because life is a precious gift from God and it cannot be wasted. Constraints make us appreciate life and love people more dearly to value them.
Hardships, afflictions and sufferings teach us to survive in difficult times. The above-shared quotes, sayings and proverbs are collected from various sources to help you muster up your courage. It will render you the fortitude to face the pains to appreciate the blessings of life.
There is never a win-win in pain and suffering. Either you face your traumas courageously to make you a bigger and better person or you hid like a coward to run away from your discomforts.
We all have a choice. We can become a slave of our pains or conquer them head-on to be the better version of ourselves.
Oahu date ideas
72 Basketball Quotes That’ll Inspire You to Get Going Right Now
73 Football Quotes to Get You Motivated for a Win
How to choose a SaaS LMS for White labeling?
80 Best Food Quotes for People Who Love to Eat
80 Best Pet Quotes to Brighten Your Day
74 Best Music Quotes to Highlight on the Power of Music
72 Breakup Quotes That Will Make You Forget Past and Move on
56 Affair Quotes to Make Us Think
83 Aesthetic Quotes to Help You Find Beauty in Unexpected Places
66 Unforgettable Emotional Quotes on Love, Life & Friendship
The Best 15 Job Search Apps to Find a Perfect Job
70 Best Growth & Fixed Mindset Quotes to Encourage Your Life
67 Inspirational Autism Quotes That Will Make a Different Life
69 Broken Heart Quotes and Sayings on Relationship
10 Proven Steps to Success (Achieve Goals in Life)
Ultimate List of Kindness Quotes That Will Empower You All time
63 Most Memorable Batman Quotes from Your Super Hero
Top 50 Work from Home Jobs with $60K+ Salaries [Infographic]
70 Quotes to inspire your daily meditation and start living your best life
LifeStyle9 months ago
68 Inspiration Quotes by Nipsey Hussle to Help Build a Better Life
LifeStyle8 months ago
80 Rapper Quotes on Love, Family& Hip Hop That Will Rekindle Your Life
Growth7 months ago
70 Inspirational Quotes about Mentors to Uplift Your Spirit
Quotes10 months ago
111 Fake People Quotes and Sayings with Images
Motivation1 year ago
79 Haters Quotes and Sayings to Motivate You
Affirmations8 months ago
101 I Am Affirmations for Success, Abundance, Wealth and Happiness
Affirmations7 months ago
110 Healing Affirmations for Body, Mind & Soul Repair
LifeStyle11 months ago
65 Funny Hair Quotes 2020 (Ready for Social Media Sharing)