These autism quotes can give you an insight into how people with this mental inability cope with life and its challenges. If you know anyone around you who has this condition, these quotes can help you better understand how they feel.
Autistic children have extreme behaviors, either they stay very quiet or act angrily. This is because they have a world of their own inside their head. There are many autistic therapies that help these autistic children grow into better adults who are expressive and build strong communication skills with time.
These inspirational autism quotes will help you see people with autism from a different angle; they are not disabled; they are just differently-abled. They deserve love and attention.
Autism Awareness Quotes
- Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it is about learning to dance in the rain. –Vivian Greene
- A child with autism is not ignoring you; they are simply waiting for you to enter their world.
- I don’t need autism awareness; autism acceptance will do just fine. –Jiheishou Daigakusha
- The strongest people are no those that show strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about.
- Autism is not a tragedy; Ignorance is the tragedy.
- If you’ve met one individual with autism, you’ve met one individual with autism. –Stephen M. Shore
- Autism can’t define me; I define autism. –Kerry Magro
- Mild autism doesn’t mean one experiences autism mildly. It means you experience their autism mildly. You may not know how hard they’ve had to work to get to the level they are. –Adam Walton
- On World Autism Awareness Day, we speak out against discrimination, celebrate the diversity of our global community, and strengthen our commitment to inclusion for people with autism. –Antonio Guterres
- Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is you-er than you. –Dr. Seuss
- If I snap my finger and be non-autistic, I would not. Autism is part of what I am. –Temple Grandin
Autism is a developmental disability that can be seen in early childhood. Autistic people have poor communication skills and social interactions.
These people may find difficulty in self-recognition and are unable to build healthy relationships. They may also face behavioral challenges, they are unable to display their emotions and have difficulty in understanding people.
Although autistic people want to be left alone, don’t converse much and are very reserve but they shouldn’t be left alone, all by themselves. They may not showcase their needs and show their interests, but it doesn’t mean that their opinion should not be taken.
In fact, try to talk to them politely, judge their body language to know their interests and needs and make them feel comfortable and as important as everyone else.
Autism Quotes That a Mom Must Know
- Autism is part of my child. It’s not everything he is. My child is so much more than a diagnosis. –S.L. Coelho
- Autism doesn’t come with an instruction guide. It comes with a family who will never give up. –Kerry Magro
- I am the proud parent of the child with autism. I have more to worry about than your opinion. Don’t judge what you don’t know.
- Hope is the greatest thing for moms of autisms. Hope is what gets us out of bed in the morning. I’m on a mission to tell parents that there is a way. –Jenny McCarthy
- As a mother, I will never give up on my child. As the mother of a child who has autism, I will never give up hope. I look into his eyes, and I see all the potential he has to offer to this beautiful world and just know that one day the world will see what I see.
- Even for parents of children that are not on the spectrum, there is no such thing as a normal child. –Violet Steven, Mom
- Your child is the same person before the autism diagnosis as they are after the diagnosis. Your lifestyles and actions may change, but your love for them never will. –Alicia Trautwein
- Until you have a child with special needs, you have no idea of the depth of your strength, tenacity, and resourcefulness.
- There is nothing to be ashamed of. Every child is a blessing.
- People ask what the hardest thing is about having an autistic child, and for me, the answer is easy. What mom doesn’t want to hear her baby tell her that he loves her or to feel his arms around her? –Kristene Barnett
Autism may be a disability for others and maybe because of this, people may count my child as the odd one out, but for me, she/he is unique. My child may not be loud and rowdy but maybe he/she is a little angel in disguise who is a little more than needed involved in his/her own little world where everything fits just right, according to him.
The little angel is an individual who enjoys love and care but just doesn’t express it. He loves to paint and draw but is shy to show his creativity and skills. This child is as beautiful as every other but just a little different.
Inspirational Quotes from Temple Grandin
- What would happen if the autism gene was eliminated from the gene pool? You would have a bunch of people standing around in a cave, chatting and socializing and not getting anything done. –Temple Grandin
- There needs to be a lot more emphasis on what a child can do instead of what he cannot do. –Temple Grandin
- I am different, not less. –Temple Grandin
- The world needs different kinds of minds to work together. –Temple Grandin
- I think that autistic brains tend to be specialized brains. Autistic people tend to be less social. It takes a ton of processors space in the brain to have all the social circuits. –Temple Grandin
- It’s never too late to expand the mind of a person on the autistic spectrum. –Temple Grandin
- The most interesting people you’ll find are ones that don’t fit into your average cardboard box. They’ll make what they need; they’ll make their own boxes. –Temple Grandin
- From a scientific standpoint, Aspergers and Autism are one syndrome. Aspergers is part of the autism spectrum, not a separate disorder. –Temple Grandin
- When I was younger, I was looking for this magic meaning of life. It’s very simple now. Making the lives of others better, doing something of lasting value. That’s meaning of life; it’s that simple. –Temple Grandin
- People are always looking for a single magic bullet that will totally change everything. There is no single magic bullet. –Temple Grandin
Temple Grandin is an author and a spokesperson for humane treatment for animals. She was diagnosed as an autistic child but she never limited herself! She is also a notable advocate for autistic communities and is a professor at the Colorado University!
Being autistic doesn’t mean being any less creative or any less smart. It is only because of their challenging behavior that people are unable to recognize their incredible talent.
It is all about the support and approach you give to an autistic person. Send these inspirational quotes to anyone you know who has autism, these quotes will encourage them to do more!
Funny and Positive Sayings about Autism
- Autism is not a choice. Acceptance is. Imagine if the opposite was true. –Stuart Duncan
- Normal is a dryer setting. –Elizbeth Moon
- Some people with autism may not be able to speak or answer to their name, but they can still hear your words and feel your kindness.
- What do you think made the first stone spears? The Asperger guy. If you were to get rid of all the autism genetics, there would be no more silicon valley. –Temple Grandin
- Children with autism are angels who lost their way to heaven and fell on earth.
- Having Asperger’s means, I am a genius in my own way.
- Children with autism are colorful, they are often very beautiful, and like a rainbow, they stand out. –Adele Devine
- You see, you are only one person; therefore, capable of making a ridiculously enormous difference in the world.
- Autism is not a disability. It is a different ability. –Stuart Duncan
Your disability can never be a hindrance in your path of success. It can make you stand out and maybe above all. Above all those people, who despite being normal do not try hard enough like you, don’t strive to be the source of inspiration like you.
You can make this disability your strength and surprise all or your weakness and lead a pitiful and sympathetic life. Autistic people need a positive attitude; they should never be looked down on. Autism is just a different ability, it doesn’t stop a person from pursuing their goals, they only have a hard time communicating, which can be gradually overcome.
Autism Quotes for Teachers and Parents
- I treasure my meetings with the individuals affected by autism- parents, children, teachers, and friends. They deserve all possible opportunities for education, employment, and integration. –Ban Ki-Moon
- It shouldn’t matter how slowly some children learn as long as we are encouraging them not to stop. –Robert John Meehan
- Children with special needs should be given the best we as educators have to offer. They deserve the best practices, learning environment, material, and technology, coupled with the highest expectations for their success.
- The best thing a special education teacher brings to work are their heart and authenticity. –Amanda Friedman
- I worked for a while as a teaching assistant while I was struggling. I really enjoyed it working with kids with special needs, autism. It takes a hell of a lot of concentration. And you’ve got to focus on the child properly for seven days a week. –Joseph Mawle
- Most people don’t realize that special education teachers are really angels, disgusted as extraordinary humans.
- Parents with autistic children need the support of the entire family. Some times siblings react negatively because they find it hard to admit the problems to friends. They suffer socially and try to keep away from their autistic brothers and sisters. –Sabiha Hossain
- Sometimes all a parent needs is to know the impossible is actually possible. Hope goes a long way when it comes to autism.
- If you ask 99.9 percent of parents who have children with autism if we’d rather have the measles vs. autism, we’d sign up for measles. –Jenny McCarthy
Never make them feel inferior or not capable enough for you don’t truly know their limits. Don’t doubt their capabilities or limit their creativity. Autistic people are already battling inside so it is very important to motivate them to do better and encourage them to do something new.
It’s a challenging task to tackle an autistic individual because they can be very uncooperative at times, but in the struggle don’t snub them, just be kind and mild because they can’t change their nature.
Famous Quotes from People with Autism
- One problem with the way the educational system is set up is that it only recognizes a certain type of intelligence, and it’s incredibly restrictive- very, very restrictive. There’re so many types of intelligence, and people who would be at their best outside of that structure get lost. –Bruce Springsteen
- Autism to me is not ‘wrong,’ not subhuman, not a collection of deficits; it is simply ‘other’—another reality. And like anything different, it is going to jar. –Beth Silver
- My whole thing is to entertain, make people laugh, and forget about the real world for a while. –Dan Aykroyd
- Evil communication corrupts good manners. I hope to live to hear that good communication corrects bad manners. – Benjamin Banneker
- Visions are worth fighting for. Why spend your life making someone else’s dream? –Tim Burton
- A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. –Charles Darwin
- Within every living child exists the most precious bud of self-identity. To search this out and foster it with loving care, that is the essence of educating an autistic child. –Kiyo Kitahara
- The technology in making games and in making anime is really similar. There are common concepts. – Satoshi Tajiri
- Wanting to be free, wanting to be me, trying to make people see. And accept the real me. –Scott Lentine
If you still have doubts about autistic people not doing well, read famous quotes said by people who were autistic and super talented! These famous quotes are from people who are teachers, musicians, comedians and authors.
When autistic children and adults are encouraged, loved and supported, they shine like stars. Never undermine them, always motivate them, they are very sensitive people, but when they want to make a difference, they can turn the world upside down!
My Favorite Quotes about Autism and Aspergers
- When we cheer on each other’s loved ones to succeed as much as our own, every milestone is a celebration.
- I see people with Asperger’s syndrome as a bright thread in the rich tapestry of life. –Tony Attwood.
- Autism offers a chance for us to glimpse an awe-filled vision of the world that might otherwise pass us by. –Dr. Colin Zimbleman
- Forget about the things they can’t do and focus on what they can. Everyone is much more than a diagnosis written on paper.
- Autism is not a puzzle, not a disease. Autism is a challenge, but certainly not a devastating one. –Trisha Van Berkel
- Just because we may want to be by ourselves at times, doesn’t mean we don’t care about you.
- It seems that for success in science and art, a dash of autism is essential. –Hans Asperger
- Girls are generally recognized as superior mimics. Those with Asperger’s syndrome hold back and observe until they learn the ‘rules,’ then imitate their way through social situations. –Tony Attwood
- Showing kindness toward those who are different, and embracing our imperfections as proof of our humanness, is the remedy for fear. –Emma Zurcher-long
These people are not ordinary. They are not easy to talk to, but if you can communicate with them, they make you travel to a different world. This is a world of peace and serenity which exits in their mind. They have knowledge as wide as the ocean. They are compassionate, observant, and kind individuals on the inside.
They are much more than discovered and are yet to be known. Autistic children and adults are very unique, and when it comes to cognitive skills, they are a world apart from any other normal person.
They may not be good speakers but are excellent listeners and secret keepers. Show kindness to them, embrace each other’s imperfections, and eliminate the element of hatred.
Maybe you know someone who is autistic, or you are one yourself, but you know what? There is nothing to be ashamed of. Autistic people are just different, and there is no harm in being different.
So many people out there never discovered their talents because they were bullied at school simply because they were different. Autism is not a disease, it might have some loopholes, but there is nothing you can’t do if you have autism.
Everyone has an equal chance to go ahead and make their life so why doubt yourself because of others? These quotes are dedicated to every autistic person out there.
Don’t give up on yourself; you are to be treasured!
Power Nap: What It Is
Have you ever found yourself half asleep, with your head dangling, during a lesson? When you awoke embarrassed, did you feel partially recharged with energy? Here, this is a power nap for you.
Basically, it’s nothing more than a nap. This practice was born and developed in America, where now there are many companies that not only allow employees to take a nap, but also provide real spaces dedicated to the purpose. This is because positive effects have been found in employees who take 15 or 20 minutes to take a nap in moments of severe fatigue. Much better than a coffee!
The power nap, “rest that strengthens”, has been “designed” specifically to allow you to quickly recharge your energy and thus help the brain to work better, improve concentration, memory, and even mood because after a break regenerating you are certainly happier. All without the risk of waking up dazed and dazed after having slept too much.
We would also like to give you another tip which is not about sleep but also night helps you with your academic load. It is really helpful if you have an essay writing service online, to which you can turn when you are running out of time on your essays.
How Much Sleep?
There are different schools of thought on how good it is to sleep to properly benefit from the real effects of the power nap. I suggest you take a nap that goes from 15 to 20 minutes.
There are also shorter “options” such as the nano nap of 2 to 5 minutes. What is certain is that this time will hardly be enough for you to fall asleep. Then you can use the nano nap to briefly enter a state of relaxation which helps to help you recharge your batteries a little.
It can be a bit “dangerous” to go beyond 20 minutes. Already after 30, waking up is more difficult. Absolutely to avoid are the 60 and 90 minutes after which we no longer speak of nap, but real deep sleep!
Getting up, perhaps in the middle of the afternoon, from a deep sleep throws you into that state of “God, who am I, where am I, what year is it, why do I have drool on my chin?”. It’s almost worse than not having slept at all, because getting rid of this sense of fatigue and dullness won’t allow you to quickly get on the books, going against the purpose of the power nap.
How to Do an Ideal Power Nap
When you are on the books and feel a sense of heaviness and sleepiness, it is the right time to do the power nap. Let’s see how! We have said that “nap” means nap, but you don’t have to sleep, it will also be useful to just drop yourself into a state of relaxation.
The first thing to do is to find a place. Bed, sofa, armchair, chair… wherever you like! You put yourself there, set the alarm that will remind you to get up, but then you put the silence on your cell phone and don’t touch it anymore so that nothing and nobody can distract you from your moment of relaxation.
You close your eyes, let yourself go, think of something beautiful and at this point, if you are so tired, you will fall asleep. At the end of your 20 minutes, the alarm will sound, and it is very important to get up on the first try without indulging in the desire to get some more sleep. To do this you can use the 5-second rule (you can find it among the free resources).
Then you get up, move and stretch to reactivate the circulation. Maybe you rinse your face and then drink a nice glass of cool water to rehydrate. You will see that once you get up you will immediately feel more energetic and rested!
The all-around tip is to drink coffee or green tea before taking your nap. In fact, caffeine does not act immediately, it takes some time to be absorbed. The time it takes for you to rest and take effect when you wake up. So, if you take some before the 20 minutes power nap, once you get up you will feel even more invigorated and that will be the right time to start your afternoon study session.
After a Power Nap
Once awakened from the power nap you put yourself on the books. But remember to study in cycles, because too many consecutive hours spent studying contribute to drowsiness and tiredness.
As I have said many other times, the ideal is to follow study cycles which, being interspersed with the right breaks, allow you to keep your attention high and not overload your brain. Do 40-minute study sessions, then take a nice 10/15 minute break to disconnect, and before starting over, spend 5 minutes reviewing.
So, here’s a quick way to quickly recharge your energy when you’re sleepy and don’t feel like studying. Remember, however, that the power nap cannot in any way replace a good and sacrosanct dose of serious and well-done sleep. So, try to sleep the right hours during the night, avoiding staying up for the mad and desperate study at the last minute!
3 Ways That Senior Citizens Can Prevent Injuries and Illnesses
As we age, our bodies go through certain changes— and continue to change in middle and late adulthood. We reach our peak bone density around age 30 and also begin to lose muscle mass around this age. This is why older adults are more prone to falls that result in fractures, broken bones, and even death.
On top of this, we’re also more likely to develop a number of age-related diseases, such as dementia, hearing and vision problems, cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, type 2 diabetes, and cancer. Here are three ways that older adults can prevent these illnesses and injuries.
Eating the right foods can truly serve as medicine in the majority of cases. For example, osteoporosis (also known as brittle bone disease) causes bones to thin and become more brittle. This disease is very common in individuals over the age of 50. The good news is that a diet rich in calcium and vitamin D can help support strong bones.
Some of the best calcium and vitamin D sources include:
- Chia seeds (calcium)
- Lentils and beans (calcium)
- Leafy green vegetables (calcium)
- Salmon, tuna, and other fatty fish (vitamin D and calcium)
- Egg yolks (vitamin D)
- Mushrooms (vitamin D)
- Sunshine (vitamin D)
Good nutrition also helps you maintain a healthy weight, which plays a huge role in preventing cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes. Eating nutritiously can also help prevent certain types of cancers. Foods high in antioxidants can help fight free radicals in the body, which are known to cause cancer. Examples of antioxidant-rich foods include:
- Berries (acai, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc)
- Carotenoids (carrots, pumpkin, sweet potatoes)
- Flavonoids (apples, broccoli, celery, green tea, kale, onion)
Smoking cigarettes is one of the worst habits that someone can pick up because of all of the health issues associated with smoking. Not only does smoking increase your risk of developing lung cancer, it also puts you at risk for developing other chronic diseases, such as:
- Age-related macular degeneration
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Heart disease
- Other types of cancer
The good news is that once you quit smoking, your risk of developing all of these diseases will decrease sharply. Unfortunately, this is a very addictive habit that’s very hard to quit. If you’re a smoker, there are resources out there that can help you quit. If you’re a nonsmoker, don’t start smoking.
Examples of other bad habits that are detrimental to health include:
- Too much sun exposure with or without sunscreen (leads to skin cancer)
- Excessive tanning in tanning beds (leads to skin cancer)
- Listening to loud music or working in loud areas without proper ear protection (leads to hearing loss)
Combined with healthy eating and avoiding bad habits, regular exercise is the icing on the cake when it comes to avoiding illnesses and injuries in later life. Just keep in mind that exercise not done properly can lead to injury, so it’s important to always make sure that you have correct form. You should also start with light physical activity instead of an intense workout if you haven’t exercised before, or if it’s been a while. Physical activity can range from something as simple as walking to something as complex as weight training.
Examples of physical activity include:
- Cleaning your house
- Mowing your lawn
- Walking in the park
Maintaining your strength and balance allows you to remain independent as you age. Many senior citizens rely on walkers, wheelchairs, and even other people to be able to get around and make it through the day. Some even have to transition to assisted living instead of living in their own homes. Unfortunately, those with limited mobility living in assisted living facilities are also at a higher risk of suffering injuries from nursing home staff— which is considered nursing home abuse.
The best time to start working on a healthier lifestyle is now— you don’t have to wait until you’re older. If you’re already a senior citizen (65 and older), it’s never too late to start living healthier. Even if you’re currently experiencing one or more of these illnesses, a change in your lifestyle can speed up your recovery and/or help you to manage your illness better. You can even lower the risk of developing another age-related illness.
Before making any major changes to your diet and lifestyle, you should consult with your doctor— especially if you’re older in age. Your doctor can help you determine the best diet and lifestyle adjustments.
5 Types of Face Protection & How They Work
To ensure our safety in various places, whether for health reasons or protection, we need different kinds of face protection. Wearing an element to protect our face allows us to freely do what we need to do without increasing the risk of causing us harm.
Several types of face protection are available, depending on their purposes. Let’s talk about what they are and how each type of facial covering works.
Face masks are one of the most common and effective ways to cover your face, preventing the spread of viruses and several infections. Several face masks are available, but they serve the same purpose: to protect you and ensure your health and safety. Additionally, wearing face masks is one of the most important infection control strategies to help eradicate cross-contamination.
Generally, face masks mainly work by preventing respiratory droplets from scattering, not allowing people to contract diseases. When you have a cough or cold, you can wear a mask to protect other people and limit the spread of your infection.
Several types of face masks are available everywhere, and MedCart manufactures some of the best variants that offer outstanding protection and safety. While the most common ones are disposable surgical masks you can wear only once, there are also reusable and cloth options you can handwash and wear anytime.
Face shields can protect your whole face, including your eyes. They mainly prevent chemical splashes from hitting your face, especially when these chemicals are toxic and dangerous. Wearing a face shield also ensures that the wearer’s eyes are protected from any droplets containing any contagious infections.
Another benefit of wearing face shields is the prevention of constantly touching your face with your dirty hands. With a face shield, you prevent possible infectious droplets on your hands from reaching your face, causing contamination.
A possible downside of face shields is that your nose and mouth are exposed, so you can still spread infection when you suddenly cough or sneeze. With this, it’s best that you wear a face mask in conjunction with a face shield for total protection.
Another type of face protection, mainly for the eyes, is general safety goggles. These goggles commonly have a one-piece lens or side shields wrapping around the temple for security. General safety goggles serve as the first level of protection for the eyes and are an essential part of PPE when inside science laboratories. These goggles are a common requirement for various experiments and research in schools.
However, a disadvantage of general safety goggles is their ineffectiveness in protecting your eyes from harmful and toxic chemical splashes. Ultimately, they are only recommended when using harmless and safe solutions like salts and buffers that would not pose a high risk of damaging your eyes.
Aside from diseases, infections, and scientific research, your faces also need maximum protection when playing sports. Raptor masks are the most common type of face protection, preventing injuries during rough sports while still offering comfort and breathability when you play.
Additionally, raptor masks are also useful when you’re still recovering from facial surgery while playing non-contact and contact sports. You will also love this mask’s lightweight and durable construction without obstructing your vision.
Raptor masks are created using advanced technology, ensuring that each mask is fabricated to perfection with the right custom fit to your face. These masks utilize 3D scanning, modeling, and printing to suit your facial features and preferences.
Aside from face shields for medical and sports reasons, welders also use face shields to protect their faces when they work. Face shields normally are equipped with welder helmets, safety goggles, and side shields to ensure maximum protection, preventing burns, injuries, and accidents.
These face shields are commonly constructed using metal and are worn to protect the entire head, not just the face. Protecting the entire head is beneficial in a welder’s job because of sparks and debris that may fly and hit their faces.
You always need to protect your face, no matter your job or profession. From face masks and goggles, to face shields, you’ll find one that matches what you need. They ensure your face is safe from debris, chemical splashes, and respiratory droplets that can cause severe consequences and spread infections and viruses.
Mind Maps to Study at Super Speed!
Power Nap: What It Is
Get the Best Tips for Writing Essays as a College Student
3 Ways That Senior Citizens Can Prevent Injuries and Illnesses
Top 10 Proofreading Tips to Improve Your Resume
5 Underrated US Cities for Real Estate Investing
How Just Sold Postcards Help Real Estate Agents Obtain New Listings
Interested in Nursing? Everything You Need to Know to Make the Career Your Own
Use This Tax-Saving Guide to Save The Most!
How to Write a Personal Statement for Law School: Guides and Tips
Top 10 Proofreading Tips to Improve Your Resume
79 Post Malone Quotes on Staying True to Yourself
95 Juice Wrld Quotes That’ll Inspire You to Be True to Exactly Who You Were Meant to Be
77 Lana Del Rey Quotes that’ll Touch Your Soul
81 J Cole Quotes about Music, Life and Success
83 Kevin Gates Quotes about Life, Success and Music to Inspire Us
71 Singing Quotes to Help Keep Your Musical Passion Flowing
87 Tupac Quotes for Anyone Who Still Misses the Man
Corporate Gift Ideas That Will Leave Your Employees Happy
80 Lil Wayne Quotes That’ll Inspire Us to Live and Enjoy Our Life
- LifeStyle2 years ago
68 Inspiration Quotes by Nipsey Hussle to Help Build a Better Life
- LifeStyle2 years ago
80 Rapper Quotes on Love, Family& Hip Hop That Will Rekindle Your Life
- Growth2 years ago
70 Inspirational Quotes about Mentors to Uplift Your Spirit
- Quotes2 years ago
111 Fake People Quotes and Sayings with Images
- Motivation2 years ago
79 Haters Quotes and Sayings to Motivate You
- Affirmations2 years ago
101 I Am Affirmations for Success, Abundance, Wealth and Happiness
- Affirmations2 years ago
110 Healing Affirmations for Body, Mind & Soul Repair
- Growth2 years ago
70 Best Growth & Fixed Mindset Quotes to Encourage Your Life