The Internet revolutionized the way we live as with its help we can communicate, entertain, shop, and even visit virtual museums. Last year’s lockdown showed us that the majority of work operations can be handled online, not just a limited set of jobs, thus, encouraging more companies to digitize and shift their staff online even when the pandemic is over.
It opens opportunities for everyone, in its both good and bad meanings. With the increased flexibility for ordinary users, the Internet brings a huge risk, as with routine tasks moved online, scammers’ activity also underwent a transformation. They learned new and more sophisticated ways of stealing personal information.
Even technological giants with huge security departments suffer from regular hacking attacks, not even speaking of non-tech-savvy users who may fall an easy target for con artists by downloading a free episode of a new sitcom or log in to a fake Paypal account losing all the money that is in the account.
That’s why it’s better to prepare yourself and learn the basics of safe internet conduct through enrolling in cybersecurity courses and other online resources. The principles of how data is transferred, what is done with your personal information you share on the website, and how to avoid downloading malware and counteract social engineers are just to name a few of the topics that need to be covered.
So here we go some unusual ways that hackers may use to expose our data and use it to their own advantage:
Malicious Mobile Apps
As we live on the go bringing our phones everywhere, it’s a lucrative field for hackers. By developing malicious mobile applications that get access to our contacts, settings, call history, and geodata they can spy on the users stealing personal information from their contact lists, and personal media. Downloading applications from official marketplaces like Play Market or AppStore we mistakenly believe that we are safe, however, some malicious software may mask as a game, picture editor, or virtual assistant.
How to avoid: Security protection is not only something for PCs, mobile phones should also have them installed. Give preference to the official applications offered by companies that can be checked on their websites. Do not download cracked versions of premium mobile apps. Before downloading any application make sure to check what permissions are required, as it seems strange that an offline game needs access to the history of your calls and gallery permission control.
Hacking Smart Devices
Smart devices are getting more popular starting with usual smartphones to watches, security cameras, and whole smart home solutions that can run as one ecosystem at the same time posing a threat if they are connected to the Internet. Stories of robbing a casino by getting access to the smart aquarium thermostat or getting spied by your security camera are no longer scenery for a sci-fi movie to our everyday lives. If villains can get access to any device in the network, all data that come and go through it are exposed. Despite the fact that IoT is still at the primary evolution stage, it brings a serious risk if you don’t pay enough attention to security.
How to avoid: Protect the network where smart devices need to operate with a password both for wireless spot connection and the router, change the default router settings, regularly update firmware ( a basic hardware control solution), and have some monitoring systems like Fingbox to track the usage of your network and verifies the quality of your Wi-Fi.
“Innocent” File Extensions
As a rule, malware is hiding in the executable files like .exe or .zip and .rar archives, and no one expects harm coming from the innocent and well-known text files like .docx, .pdf, or .xls. Here’s where hackers can hide worms, trojans, and ransomware to steal our data. It’s done via macros – the series of specific commands and inputs to automate frequently used tasks. Usually, this method is used in the pretext of sending business contracts, partnership requests, or double-checking some important article. Opening such a file, the malware is executed on your device and infects it with viruses or encrypts data to demand money in exchange for getting them back.
How to avoid: Make sure to avoid opening attachments from people you do not know without prior scanning them with anti-malware. Also, disable the option to run macros from downloadable files by default. In Word or Adobe reader it’s also possible to set up warnings every time before a macro would run in cases when you might need to allow this function.
When email phishing is something that is pretty common, voice phishing also known as vhishing is met less frequently. It’s a social engineering tactic when a villain is impersonating a bank or other institution forging a phone number to get access to the financial details. Usually, a pretext is a fraud related to a transaction from your card or another security incident that requires providing the information on your end to confirm the identity, so that “the bank” can sort things out for you. When people see the familiar number and background sounds, it seems pretty realistic, thus vhishing scams are pretty successful.
How to avoid: Rest assured that no bank will ask you to provide the CVV code, full account or credit card number, and PIN, so whenever something seems off, or a person claiming to be a bank representative, do not hesitate to hang up and re-initiate the call on your end confirming that you use a phone number from the official website.
Free Software to Make Money and Boost Social Media Activity
We all want to increase the engagement of our social media pages and earn easy money, but the truth is, there’s always a price. And when it comes to “free” money-making software to earn new followers and likes as well, often it’s a scam that either eats physical resources of a PC to mine cryptocurrency for scammers or stealing personal data. There was a case several years ago with the social media application that was stealing login details of 100 000 users to build a giant social botnet. The case with financial scheme applications is more similar to gambling, you install some application, see how the balance is growing, and want to get the money to your account, but suddenly, it’s required to enter the CVV and give out the credit details ( and have them stolen), or pay a small fee for the transaction. And that is not even mentioning trojans and keyloggers that come along with such free software
How to avoid: Remember, that the free things may cost you a lot more than the paid ones, so think twice before installing any app that promises easy profit. Make sure to research it on google, as usually, after first victims there’s a boom of reviews. Avoid sharing the social media and financial account details with any third-party apps that are not officially authorized by a corresponding authority whenever it’s possible.
This type of attack is connected with session hijacking. When you use an unprotected network like public Wi-Fi, villains can intrude into the process of data transfer or communication and silently alter it. Both parties believe that they are exchanging information with one another, but in fact, an attacker eavesdrops on the “conversation” or data transfer and can easily still some confidential information this way. There are attacks like “evil twin wi-fi” when data is stolen by simulating the legitimate wireless access point leading to the attacker server or “sniffer attacks”, where malicious applications analyze the sent traffic and steal information from unencrypted packets just like the “man-in-the-middle” ones do.
How to avoid: Try to avoid using public networks as much as possible giving a preference to mobile internet. If it’s not possible, adopt a VPN when you need to access the internal working resources
What else Can You Do for Protection?
Apart from the specific tips, there are some general security rules that will help you to avoid the abovementioned threats and many others:
- Adopt a Strong Password policy and regularly change existing passwords
- Enable 2-factor authentication both for email and for all the accounts you use.
- Invest in a reliable firewall and antivirus scanner to block unwanted traffic and quarantine accidentally downloaded malware.
- Use only licensed software from official vendors or providers in case of using an open-sourced tools
- Update your OS and Software whenever a new stable version is released
As much as we may want to predict and prevent security incidents, the mission seems impossible with new ways of hacking your account appear every day. But our security is in our hands, and we can adhere to these tips, and incorporate the best security practices into our everyday lives and encourage our colleagues, relatives, and friends to do the same. The only way to protect your online privacy is to make security health checks a routine, follow the tips outlined in this article, and stay vigilant!
6 Free Video Editing Software with No Watermark for 2021
Video creation requires creativity and the ability to tell your story visually. It takes experimentation to hone skills to take your video editing level from beginner to pro. Do not be intimidated by the expensive, complicated, professional video editing programs. The easy-to-use video tools will help you edit videos more smoothly and much easier. In this article, you will find 6 desktop free video editing software with no watermark, learn their features and decide which one suits you best.
1. MiniTool MovieMaker (for Windows)
MiniTool MovieMaker is a free video editing software for Windows users to bring creative ideas to life. After you finish editing and export the video file, you won’t find any watermark on your video projects. No matter you are a professional filmmaker or just getting starting with video editing, you can use this free video tool to create great videos with no hassle. Some of its main features include:
- Support editing MP4, AVI, MOV, and MPEG video of any length and resolution.
- The video templates are useful if you need a quick result.
- Split/cut large videos into many smaller segments, merge/combine multiple videos into one, and easily remove the unwanted part of the video.
- Use different transition effects between your clips.
- Quickly add and customize text, titles, captions, and end credits to your videos.
- Add background music to your video, extract the audio from the original video with good quality.
- Remove the audio track(s) with only one click.
Follow the instructions below and you will find it is simple to use MiniTool software to edit videos without watermark.
Install MiniTool MovieMaker, run the software, then you will see some video templates that are designed to save your video editing time. You are free to select one video template, such as the travel theme, wedding slideshow theme, etc. Import some videos and audio files, choose a video template, you can begin to edit a stunning video in a short time, and then export the final video with no watermark.
If you do not need the readily available templates, you can ignore them and follow the tutorial as follows.
1) Download MiniTool MovieMaker on Windows 7/8/10 computer, open the .exe file to start the installation, when it is done, launch the program and click the “Full-Feature Mode” to enter the main UI.
2) Hit on the dark gray “Import Media Files” icon on the left panel to import some videos/songs directly from your computer, after that, drag these files and drop them to the timeline in the lower part of the interface.
3) In this step, we can use your creativity to build a clear content structure and make the video more engaging. We could split/trim the video, rearrange the sequence of your video clips, combine short clips into one, apply cool transition effects in between clips, add text, change video brightness, select a song as the background music of the video to fit perfectly our video style, and more.
4) Preview the video in the playback window at the upper-right corner of the software, at last, export the video and save the video.
In the fourth step, you can choose different format options for your output video, including .MKV, .MP4, .MOV, .MPEG2, .WebM, .AVI, .WMV, and .TS.
You can find many other features in MiniTool MovieMaker, for example, reverse the video, accelerate the video, make the slow-motion video, make a GIF from a short video, convert images to videos, remove the soundtrack/music from the video, etc.
It is a time-intensive process to learn how to use the industry-level video editing programs, besides, they usually require high-end computers and plenty of RAM. Also, most free video editing software and online video tools either have watermark or have restrictions on the features. If you are looking for a fast, completely free video editor with no watermark that has a full set of features, try MiniTool MovieMaker.
2. VSDC Free Video Editor (for Windows)
VSDC Free Video Editor is a non-linear free video editor that is commonly used by digital marketers, YouTube bloggers, and video editing amateurs. This free video editing software can handle all types of editing tasks on Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7 /8 /10.
- This free editing tool can support a lot of video codecs.
- VSDC software includes tons of objects and visual effects, including filters, color correction options to give your videos a great look.
- VSDC allows you to directly publish the video projects to popular social networking sites, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Vimeo, etc.
The drag-and-drop UI and easy-to-follow instructions are useful, regardless of your editing experience. With the help of this free video editor without watermark, you can easily create online tutorials, marketing videos and musical slideshows, and more. Advanced users can go for the Pro version of VSDC, which costs $19.99 (Use the software for 1 year).
3. OpenShot (Windows)
If you have ever searched “free video editing software no watermark download” on Google, you possibly can find OpenShot from the first 3 pages of the results.
- Operating system requirement: Windows 7/8/10, OS X (above 10.9), and Linux (support most distributions).
- The video editor has an intuitive interface, and you can redistribute or modify it as you like.
- Openshot can recognize and edit a range of common videos and audio files.
- Openshot comes with an unlimited number of animation possibilities and keyframes, which cater to the needs of advanced users.
- Can create separate layer for each video track and audio track.
Launch VSDC free program and you will find many other advanced editing features, such as the 3D animation tools and chroma key function. Some beginner video editors might feel a little stressed because the software gives them too much information at one time. In our test, I find that it does not work quite steadily when it works on the old Windows computer. Overall, this free video editing tool is suitable for people who have relatively high-end computers to change clips into stunning works of creative art.
4. VideoPad Video Editor ( for Windows/Mac)
The free video editor with no watermark – VideoPad is developed by NCH Software. This freeware can suffice for Windows and Mac users to handle basic editing tasks. You could also download the mobile version for creating videos on your smartphone or tablet.
- It offers useful features such as apply video transitions, and add visual effects (text snippets, and color correction, and light balance, etc).
- VideoPad video editor has many ready plug-ins and tools which are customized to support videos for YouTube.
- The video stabilization feature can make shaky footage look smooth.
- The latest version of VideoPad can support 2D to 3D stereoscopic conversion, and 3D video editing.
In my recent test, VideoPad software took me quite a long time to process large footage. When trying to add texts to a video, I also noticed that this software lacks great-looking font styles to choose from. Anyhow, this program is an ideal tool for those who want to do simple edits and express themselves through video.
Shotcut is a good, free video editing software without a watermark that can work on the Windows PC. This software does not have a steep learning curve, making it easy for you to learn and produce professional-looking videos in minutes.
- Shotcut is compatible with 64-bit Windows 7/8/10, Mac OS X 10.10 – 10.15, or 64-bit Linux (least Glibc 2.27).
- This cross-platform video editing program can support hundreds of videos/audio files.
- You could find helpful FAQs and tutorials on the official forum.
It’s safe to say that Shotcut is a basic, free video editor without watermark for users of all skill levels. At the first sight, this entry-level tool’s design looks somewhat old-fashioned, besides, it does not have an in-app animation feature. But the software’s clean interface makes the entire video editing process simple and easy. Beginner users can apply different, cool visual effects, detach audio from video, cut long videos, perform copy and paste operations, etc.
Lightworks is an award-winning software for intermediate users who have some experience in nonlinear video editing. Compared with the Pro edition of Lightworks, the free edition offers only limited features, but it won’t impose watermark on your videos.
- Lightworks can be used on Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
- This video editor has separate timelines for video resolution, codec, and format.
- The tool can take a very complicated job of editing videos.
- Has advanced multi-camera synchronization, real-time filters, and nice transitions.
- The software comes with the A/V synchronization indicator timeline.
- Free edition cannot export your videos in HD, 2K, and 4K resolution.
Using the free edition of Lightworks, you can trim a video, or combine multiple short clips into one, and achieve many film-level processing effects. You will get used to this free video editor without watermark after some practice. However, you can only find one option to export your video to MP4 (maximally 720p quality) to upload to YouTube or Vimeo. It does not support popular output like AVI, MOV, MKV, WebM, or full HD resolution.
GetInsta – A Fast and Secure Way to Get Free Instagram Followers
Should you use traditional ways or an Instagram followers app to increase your Instagram followers? What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Instagram auto liker applications? Find all answers in this post.
The Importance of Getting More Instagram Followers
When it comes to social media platforms, Instagram now plays a more important role than Facebook or Twitter, not only because it has more than 1 billion users monthly from all over the world, but also because young people share their photos or videos through Instagram every day. Getting the support of young people, you get the world. What the young like is what you should do. No matter you want to become an influencer or promote your brand on Instagram, the primary task is to gain free Instagram followers and likes for your account.
The more followers you get, the more followers you will get. What does this mean? Social media platforms such as Instagram, compared to other platforms like search engines or e-commerce sites, have an inborn advantage – sharing. You are probably to get more followers because someone shares your posts with their friends. You will get known by more and more users if you have more users. This is why you need to acquire free followers for Instagram continuously.
2 Ways to Get Instagram Followers
However, there are 2 ways for you to get Instagram followers, time-wasting and time-saving.
We call the traditional marketing ways the time-wasting way, such as creating an attractive Instagram profile, optimizing the link in your bio, writing engaging content, using a variety of hashtags, putting links in your Instagram stories, liking and following other accounts in your niche, interacting with your users. These methods are sure to boost your account, but they take too much time just like SEO if you know it. If your competitors find some other ways to optimize their accounts, you will find it’s difficult to stay ahead of them if you still do the normal optimization. Your users have changed, and the Instagram algorithm always changes. Days are gone when high-quality posts can easily attract followers.
We call buying followers the time-saving way. At present, hundreds of Instagram followers apps claim that they can automatically send followers and likes to your Instagram account, so you just need to focus on your content. There are some pros and cons to this kind of service. These providers do save your time. However, 9 of them just send you fake followers and put your account in danger as they drive followers suddenly. Many users start to lose followers several days later. People keep searching for a free Instagram followers app with which they can only get real followers and likes both quickly and safely.
Thus, GetInsta comes into being. As a cross-platform application for Windows, Android, and iOS, GetInsta is dedicated to providing their users unlimited Instagram followers free from real accounts only. And to prevent your account from being flagged, GetInsta chooses a gentle way to send you followers, which makes everything looks normal and natural. GetInsta gathers millions of Instagram users, where one can follow others or like others’ posts to get GetInsta coins in return. With GetInsta coins, you can exchange for followers or likes. That’s how GetInsta makes free possible.
Steps to Use GetInsta to Get Instagram Followers Free of Charge
If you want to give GetInsta a try right away, just follow the steps below:
Step 1: Download and install it on your device.
For Windows users, search GetInsta on Google or directly go to their official website easygetinsta.com. For Android users, search GetInsita on Google Play. For iOS users, search Getinsup on App Store.
Step 2: Create your account on the GetInsta app and login with your account.
Step 3: Add one or more Instagram accounts to get started.
Step 4: Select an Instagram account and publish a following or liking task for this account.
Top 5 Data Recovery Software in 2021(Free Versions Available)
Data loss is a serious issue, especially now when most of the business infrastructures, company data and negotiations are done entirely through the internet and computer. Not just for the businesses, even for an average person maintaining regular backups of data in systems and drives can get overlooked.
Data loss and data deletion is severe blow and can set you back in terms of progress and research. It is an issue that can be avoided by taking proper precautionary measures and protecting the data with backup, firewalls and virus scanners.
According to a report, a total of 140,000 computer hard-drives crash down and lose data in America alone, each week. The reasons for the hard-drive crash may remain unknown in many cases but most are identified as malware attacks.
The great thing is certain recovery tools may recover your data and help you protect it. These data recovery websites use recovery software’s that even retrieve the corrupted, formatted or deleted data in its original form.
Some of the most famous data recovery software that is available for free is as follows.
1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard: All-in-One Data Recovery Software
EaseUS is one of the highly regarded data recovery software that is easy to use and navigate. It has an interactive interface that presents all the tools in a prominent manner. It also has guides to help you use the tools even if it is your first time recovering lost data.
You need to go through the guide and with few strokes, you can recover lost, deleted or inaccessible data in every format. You can successfully recover data from flash drive, external hard-drive, internal hard-drive, and SD and SSD card too.
- Scans drives and files for recovering lost data, and successfully retrieves with the help of data back software tools.
- You can recover data in every imaginable format include pictures, documents, multimedia files, and databases.
- With the FREE VERSION although use, every included tool but you can recover a total of 2GB data at max. You can download the free version of EaseUS data recovery software here.
- If you require constant use and your data limit is expected to increase over the 2GB limit in the free version, you can buy the PRO VERSION for a total of $69.95 per month and $99.95 per year. The best deal however is the unlimited life-time package which will cost you a mere $149.95.
2. MiniTool Power Recovery: The fastest recovery software you can get your hands on
Another great data recovery software that has great reviews and feedback is MiniTool Power Recovery. This tool is available to download for free and has an impressive selection of tools that can be used for data recovery.
The great thing about this tool is that you can recover your lost data in 3 simple steps of Install, Scan and Recover. It takes 3-5 minutes to recover data with this tool and save it in a protected file on your PC.
- You can recover up to 1GB of data with the free version of MiniTool software.
- It is easy to use and navigate. You can recover lost data in a matter of minutes.
- You can recover lost or deleted data from external storage devices as well.
- It claims to recover over 100 formats of files.
- To download the free version, click here.
3. Advanced Disk Recovery: One-stop shop solution for your data recovery problems
If you are looking for extremely easy-to-navigate recovery software, the Advance Disk Recovery is just the right one for you. It will take seconds and all your worries will vanish away.
Taking about recovering data from external drives, Advanced Disk Recovery goes a step further and recovers data from CDs and DVDs as well. It is compatible with MAC and Windows and runs effectively on Android as well. It has an intuitive interface that has many helpful features.
- Termed as the “best recovery software’ Advanced-Data Recovery is an award winner software.
- You can perform a “quick scan” that takes seconds and a “deep scan” to recover the loss of heavy files.
- You can pause/resume the scan and recovery if it gets interrupted.
- It does not have any advanced features but it does what it claims and does it effectively.
- You can download the FREE VERSION of Advanced Disk Recovery here.
4. Stellar Data Recovery: Perfect for personal and organizational use
Stellar Data Recovery software is highly recommended for large organizations and professional use. It can be used to scan, preview and sort the recovered data. The interface is simple and intuitive while the tools are easy to use.
This software is extremely reliable when it comes to performance. You can also access your system’s hard-drive health and view the reports. Since Stellar Data Recovery software performs a deep scan every time, it may take up to an hour to scan and restore the lost files.
- Due to its advanced tools and features, most enterprises like to install Stellar to their systems.
- The deep scan very effectively scans and sorts the recovered files, no matter in what format they are.
- Can be used for MAC, Windows, Android, and IOS.
- You can recover up to 1GB of data in its FREE VERSION which is available to download here.
5. Disk Drill: Recovers all of your lost data
If you want to recover lost data from a partition that got corrupted or storage that accidentally got formatted, Disk Drill should be your number 1 choice. Disk Drill can recover up to 95% of your lost data which is quite an impressive figure. A big hit for the information technology and forensic sectors, Disk Drill also claims to restore your 99% images and pictures.
It has an interface that can be termed modernistic and easy to navigate.
- You can recover deleted and lost files from hard-drive, flash drives, and partitions.
- Supports almost every file format.
- You can pause and resume the process of scanning and restoring files at any time.
- The Free Version of Desk Drill supports the recovery of data up to 500MB and can be downloaded here.
Protecting your data and information is more and more important nowadays. The above-mentioned data recovery software are undoubtedly the best software of 2021 in terms of functionality and ease of use. The best thing about these software is that you can download the free versions to test the waters and buy the paid version if you find it according to your requirements.
86 Ariana Grande Quotes That’ll Inspire You to Be Your Authentic Self
5 Secrets of Making Profitable Business Decisions
Who Can Get a U.S. Attorney License and How
Teddy Bear Dog Breeds: 5 Adorable Puppies
6 Free Video Editing Software with No Watermark for 2021
Choose the Right Insurance for Your Painting Business
66 Bob Marley Quotes That Convey the Message of Freedom, Love, and Peace
71 Beatles Quotes that’ll Inspire Us to Strive for a Better World
81 Best Sports Quotes That’ll Inspire You to Start It Right Now
Planning to Get an Invisalign- 11 Things to Know
The Best 15 Job Search Apps to Find a Perfect Job
70 Best Growth & Fixed Mindset Quotes to Encourage Your Life
69 Broken Heart Quotes and Sayings on Relationship
10 Proven Steps to Success (Achieve Goals in Life)
Top 50 Work from Home Jobs with $60K+ Salaries [Infographic]
10 Things You Need When Starting an E-Commerce Business
75 Positive Thinking Quotes to Help You Achieve Greatness
10 Simple Ways to Protect Your Privacy Online
75 Good Vibes Quotes & Captions That Will Uplift Positivity
70 Sales Motivational Quotes to Fire Up Your Team
LifeStyle10 months ago
68 Inspiration Quotes by Nipsey Hussle to Help Build a Better Life
LifeStyle9 months ago
80 Rapper Quotes on Love, Family& Hip Hop That Will Rekindle Your Life
Growth9 months ago
70 Inspirational Quotes about Mentors to Uplift Your Spirit
Quotes11 months ago
111 Fake People Quotes and Sayings with Images
Motivation1 year ago
79 Haters Quotes and Sayings to Motivate You
Affirmations9 months ago
101 I Am Affirmations for Success, Abundance, Wealth and Happiness
Affirmations8 months ago
110 Healing Affirmations for Body, Mind & Soul Repair
LifeStyle1 year ago
65 Funny Hair Quotes 2020 (Ready for Social Media Sharing)