Treating people right is the biggest dilemma that our generation is trying to resolve. Every step we take feels like a step backward.
The world we live in is full of people who continuously search for opportunities to take advantage of the other person. However, not everyone is the same. The same world consists of people who are true to the core and mean well for you.
Some numerous debates and theories try to highlight the best of treating a person. We will draw a comparison between two of the most common approaches; Golden rule and Platinum rule, to help you develop a better understanding of which one is the most effective.
The Origin of Maxim Golden Rule
The golden rule maxim dates back to the earliest periods of human history. It has been a foundation stone and a critical element in numerous religions and cultures. It is a lesson of righteousness and reciprocity that teaches one to treat others the same way they wish others will treat them.
Different research suggests different timings to be the actual origin of the maxim. According to some, it dates back to ancient Egypt. Whereas, others claim the narrations first came in the teachings of Leviticus.
It is a standard part of all of the Abrahamic religions, with Islam being the only one that enforces the rule as a religious obligation for every Muslim to follow.
The Golden Rule (treat others how YOU want to be treated) VS The Platinum Rule (treat others how THEY want to be treated)
As time moved one, the Golden rule became a topic of constant debate and drew criticism from numerous philosophers around the globe.
The Golden rule teaches us how to be empathetic and reciprocate someone’s actions towards us. However, according to philosophers, the maxim did not focus on situational requirements. It could lead someone towards irresponsible behavior if there was a difference in the interest and value of two parties.
This conflict gave birth to a new ideology known as the “Platinum Rule,” which teaches us about treating others according to their desire. It takes the Golden rule a step forward and focuses on the critical role that situations and preferences play in managing people.
It allows people to put themselves in the shoes of others and then make decisions according to how they would want to be treated. A typical example of the Platinum rule is ignoring prejudice against someone’s race or religion when you decide how you are going to act towards them. Instead, your actions are similar to how the other person would want them to be.
How to Figure Out the Best Way to Treat Others (10 Ways make “YOU” into “THEY”)
1. Practice empathy – We are often unable to understand the course of one’s action. There are times when these actions end up hurting us, whereas they were not even about us in the first place. We fail to see past those actions and ignore the importance of understanding one’s behavior.
By keeping the Golden rule in mind, we will enable us to look past a person’s actions and move toward understanding the distress they may be in. It will ultimately allow us to practice the Platinum Rule, and treating them the right way will not only help us diffuse the situation but also improve the other person.
2. Avoid pointing out other’s flaws – By pointing flaws and drawing comparisons, we make people walk on a path of insecurities and force them to adopt a negative outlook on life and society. It is one of the most common problems that people in the modern age are suffering from.
Bullying is a typical example of such a situation, and numerous incidents are reported daily. It has become a significant cause of suicide in children in their teens, as they are unable to find the will to cope-up and face the negativity that surrounds them.
If we switch sides and become the point of unnecessary focus, we will understand the pain that these actions cause. Considering and treating them as equal will not only allow them to feel the same way as you do but will teach them to overcome their flaws and focus on the positivity that life has to offer.
3. Avoid looking down on people – Not everyone is born with a golden spoon in their mouth. Even in such modern times, a considerable percentage of the world population lives under the poverty line.
While many of them work day and night to try and make their way to the top, some are in such a bad condition that they are not even capable of saving themselves. It is a way of life, and keeping a sane eye makes us look towards the actual reason why such people are unable to change their circumstances.
We need to educate ourselves, and instead of looking down on them, we need to change the world into a better place. The golden rule teaches us to seek the same for others that we will aim for ourselves. If we ask a better tomorrow for ourselves, we should find a better tomorrow for them.
Additionally, we should ensure that we never hurt the pride of such people. Pride is often the last thing they’re left with, and we need to be careful about what we say or do. Else, we might do something that will shatter their only hope. It is a part of the Platinum rule that we should always keep in mind.
4. Stay fair at all times – Staying fair is a social norm that everyone must adapt. It allows society to progress as a whole. In recent times, we have seen a lot of social welfare organizations taking steps to help the oppressed reach an equal ground. However, it is still nothing but a far-fetched dream.
By understanding the concept of the golden rule, we know the importance of equality. It is a principle that we learn in both ethics and religion and should practice at all times. However, since every person and situation is different, there are times when we need to identify the weather and focus on fairness or justice. Treating everyone the same way is fairness, whereas there are situations when we need to be more considerate towards a specific individual, which is justice.
Being fair and just are two traits that we should keep close to our hearts at all times. These are critical steps toward becoming a better person.
5. Learning to respect others – Respect is a concept that every human consciously or sub-consciously strives for. It is a social element that every person deserves, and as humans, we need to ensure that we give people what they deserve.
Irrespective of whatever the age, class, race, or religion, we need to consider everyone as equal and treat them the way we want others to treat us. Additionally, there are certain situations in which you need to be a bit more considerate, as you may unintentionally hurt a person.
A typical example of the situation is offering Pork to a Muslim or special treatment because of a person’s race. While your intentions may be well and out of respect, your actions may lure them down. Instead, it is best to treat them the way they wish to be treated.
6. Avoid manipulating others – Manipulation is the most common sin that we can find in the modern world. People often manipulate and deceive others for their gain.
Every human has the right to think their way, carry an opinion, and act according to their will. However, the society we live in tries to overlap these factors. A typical example is a manipulation by the hands of an influential personality.
If the tables turn, and we get to experience how people maneuver our thoughts, it is the last thing that we would want for ourselves. Additionally, respect for one’s opinion is a fundamental human right and a lesson that we learn from the Platinum rule maxim. We should follow it at all times.
7. Avoid prejudice – As the famous quote goes, “do not judge a book by its cover.” Similarly, we should refrain from forming opinions or judging people, especially when we know nothing about them.
One thing that we often experience in movies is that the misfit often turns out to be the hero, Clark Kent. With facts unknown, perceived as a villain, he turns out to be the only hope for survival. A lesson that all of us must learn and implement in our daily lives.
By forming prejudice, in our minds, we try to snatch the power from one to show us their true selves. Instead, we develop a negative image of them, which is unlike something that we would want for ourselves. As the Golden rule teaches us, we should consider everyone as equal and be open to give them a chance.
Some people are introvert by nature, and pushing them too much, even with good intentions, might cause them to close further. Hence, they must keep the Platinum rule in mind and be open to accepting people the way they want to be taken.
8. Accountability – Actions speak louder than words, and words can go from wisdom to war. Everything we say or do has repercussions and demands that we think before we leap.
For example, there is always a fine line between a joke and an insult. Something that can be funny to us can be mean and hurtful for others. Hence, we should always position ourselves as others and only speak what we feel will be acceptable to ourselves. It is the foundation that we learn in the Golden rule.
However, there can be situations that may demand you to sugarcoat the truth. For example, someone who doesn’t have a healthy mind may not have the courage to digest the facts. In such situations, you should always keep the Platinum rule in mind, and choose your words very carefully.
9. Refrain from commenting on physical appearance – Physical appearance is a sensitive matter for everyone. Even if someone denies it, the fact is that it is the only factor that can make a person feel conscious about themselves.
Remembering the teachings of the Golden rule, we should only say what we will like to hear about ourselves. Passing negative or hurtful comments is not something that anyone wants to hear, especially if someone has physical retardation or genetic problem.
Autism is an increasing problem, and people worldwide are launching initiatives to educate people about how an autistic child wants others to treat them. It teaches us a great deal about the Platinum rule that we should adopt when dealing with others.
10. Avoid objectifying people – Perhaps the most important rule that one should remember; people are people and not an object.
A lot of people consider others as an object that has no emotions. Whereas, every human is the same, and we should never forget that. By following the Golden rule, we can identify what actions might hurt us, and how the same actions by us can hurt someone else.
Additionally, there are some people with additional or special needs. Unless we consider them human and treat them the way they want, we are unable to give them the courage to fight the situation. Hence, we should always keep the Platinum rule close to our hearts.
How This Ultimate Platinum Rule Refines the Interpersonal Relationships on the Way to Success
Interpersonal skills play a critical role in taking you a step forward in your life.
Communication and delivery are critical elements of a professional career. Unless you can communicate with the third party, you will always find a void that needs to be filled.
With the help of the Platinum rule, you are not only able to communicate but also understand the needs of others and prioritize them. For example, treating your in-line manager the way he wants to be treated will allow you to communicate better with them.
The Golden and Platinum maxim are a way of life that people often consider, yet forget to make a part of their daily life. These maxims allow us to evolve and become a better person.
By treating people the right way, we are not only making the society a better place, but we are also teaching them the right way to treat us. Whatever goes around, comes back around.
Ultimate List of Kindness Quotes That Will Empower You All time
This ultimate list of kindness quotes will empower you to build some amazing qualities. Kindness is an act, a behavior linked with the qualities of being generous, friendly, and supportive to others.
You can’t get into your room and lock yourself in for the rest of your life. You simply can’t do that.
Every man jack has a natural and inborn desire to connect to people, and that’s where kindness comes into play. Kindness provides this connection and binds people together. It helps them understand each other and motivates them to support each other.
People incline more toward compassionate individuals. Therefore, you need to incorporate compassion into your personality. It will help you become popular among the lot, and people will remember you for your kindness.
Don’t believe me? Alright, recall someone friendly, and then someone who’s been rude to you. Who comes to your mind first?
You must have chosen a friendly person because you want people to treat you with respect and kindness. However, it is only possible if you integrate and foster goodwill first. Then, you can expect others to understand the way you want them to treat you.
Here is a list of empowering kindness quotes straight from the pen of kindhearted people that you shouldn’t miss out on. These quotes will motivate you and help you greatly in becoming kind to everyone around you.
Being Kind Quotes That Will Stay with You
- When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they’ll remember and be kind to someone else. And it’ll become like a wildfire. –Whoopi Goldberg
- No matter what happens in life, be nice to people. Being nice to people is a peaceful way to live and a beautiful legacy to leave behind. –Marcandangel
- Stay kind. It makes you beautiful. –Najwa Zebian
- Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind, the second is to be kind, and the third is to be kind. –Henry James.
- Because no matter how tough the world becomes, you must never run out of sweetness. –Bernardokath
- A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees. –Amelia Earhart
- Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind always. –Ian Maclaren
- Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are. –Harold S. Kushner
- You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late. –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. –Dalai Lama
- Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you. – Princess Diana
These quotes stay with you to illuminate your personality, and your existence becomes a blessing for others. When you start thinking about others before your own self, that’s when you become selfless.
An act of kindness rotates around in a cycle; it is a give and give relationship. When you show kindness to someone, that person remembers you throughout his or her life. Consequently, when they come across someone who needs help, they are more likely to pass on that act of kindness. Thus, the legacy of your kind act continues this way!
Your behavior is entirely in your control; you choose and pave your own path. If you practice generosity, friendliness, and concern for others, you will get it in return too.
Positive Kindness Quotes for Teachers to Educate Kids
- No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. –Aesop
- Think about how other people are feeling. Say sorry, be caring, show tolerance, be understanding.
- Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping him up. –Jesse Jackson
- Kindness: it costs nothing but means everything.
- Kindness is a silent smile, a friendly word, a nod of encouragement. Kindness is the single most powerful thing we can teach children. –Raktivist
- The greatest work that kindness does to others is that it makes them kind themselves. –Amelia Earhart
- If we all do one random act of kindness daily, we just might set the world in the right direction. –Martin Kornfeld
- We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. –Charlie Chaplin
- Everywhere you go, leave a glitter trail of kindness behind you.
- Try to be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud. –Maya Angelou
- Make kindness an everyday practice for children, and see how humanity changes for better.
- When you are kind to others, it not only changes you, it changes the world. –Harold Kushner
- A warm smile is the universal language of kindness. –William A. Ward
It is a teacher’s responsibility to educate and guide kids: to develop a productive generation. They build the student’s personalities and foster good habits in them. Therefore, these kindness quotes will make you realize the importance and the impact these quotes might have on the students’ minds and resultantly on society.
When you teach kids kindness, you are helping them adopt selflessness – a rare quality nowadays. Children are naturally self-centered; they do not know how to empathize or put themselves in others’ shoes. Be that as it may, kids are great observers and imitate the behaviors of their adults. Therefore, if you act kindly, it will also cultivate kindness in children.
Kids who learn simple acts of kindness, be it a friendly smile or a positive word that uplifts the spirits, are putting the foundation of a great future full of love, encouragement, and success.
Funny Kindness Quotes and Saying That You Will Never See from Books
- Throw kindness around like confetti.
- We get so worried about being pretty. Let’s be pretty kind, pretty funny, pretty smart, pretty strong. –Britt Nicole
- Kill your enemies with kindness. Name your car, kindness.
- Less is more unless it’s kindness, sleep, or toilet paper.
- In a gentle way, you can shake the world. –Mahatma Gandhi
- Use your voice for kindness, your ears for compassion, your hands for charity, your mind for truth, and your heart for love.
- When killing them with kindness doesn’t work, I’ve heard that a baseball bat is quite effective.
- Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see. –Mark Twain
- Kindness makes you the most beautiful person in the world no matter what you look like.
- Kindness is free; sprinkle that stuff everywhere.
- Being polite is so rare these days that it’s often confused with flirting.
Here are some funny kindness quotes that will encourage you to act with kindness while having a smile on your face.
These quotes encourage you in a heartening way to revise your acts. To fill you up with the courage to adapt and bring the change you need for a successful life. How long can you live a miserable life and expect others to understand you? You have the control in your hand, and you can treat the world in your style.
One day, you will reap the fruit of your kind acts and politeness, when the world will return you the favor!
Famous Quotes About Kindness to Spread Love, Generosity and Compassion
- Kindness is giving hope to those who think they are all alone in this world. –Raktivist
- Without tenderness, a man is uninteresting. –Marlene Dietrich
- I think being thankful is very important, and being thankful means you’re choosing to be kind. –Jacob Tremblay
- An egoist lives in poverty. A kind person lives in abundance. –Maxime Lagace
- Happiness is the new rich. Inner peace is a new success. Health is a new wealth. Kindness is the new cool. –Syed Balkhi
- Be the change you wish to see in the world. –Mahatma Gandhi
- It’s not about how much you do, but how much love you put into what you do, that counts. –Mother Teresa
- Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever is not kind has no faith. –Prophet Muhammad(P.B.U.H)
- Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.” – Jackie Chan
- A good motto is: use friendliness but do not use your friends. –Frank Crane
- Kindness is spreading sunshine into other people’s lives regardless of the weather. –Raktivist
Everyone wants to be loved and wants others to show empathy and compassion towards him or her. Relationships build upon these values and help you interact with others. Imagine, will you befriend someone rude? Purposely being mean and selfish doesn’t help anyone in the long run.
These quotes teach you that being compassionate, generous, and kind are not out of this world concepts! Our world can make use of a few kind acts, and blossom under its influence. The only thing you have to do is, set aside your selfish demands; get your heart in the right direction, and make this planet a happy living place.
Treat People with Kindness and Being Nice Quotes
- A great man shows his greatness by the way he treats little men. –Thomas Carlyle
- Kindness is being someone who makes everyone feel like a somebody.
- Those who are merciful will be shown mercy by the most merciful. Be merciful to those on the earth, and the one in the heavens will have mercy upon you. –Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H)
- For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
- The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we’ve learned about love, compassion, and kindness. –Marcandangel.
- Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly, and most underrated agent of human change. –Bob Kearney
- Treat yourself and others with kindness when you eat, exercise, play, work, love, and everything else. When you think, feel, and act kindly, you hasten your ability to connect to the power of intention.
- Set an example. Treat everyone with kindness and respect, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.
- When I treat other people with kindness and love, that is part of my way of paying my debt to God and the world for the privilege of living on this planet. –Ben Carson
- To be kind is more important than to be right. Many times what people need is not a brilliant mind that speaks but a special heart that listens. –F. Scott Fitzgerald
Your course of action defines your traits and characteristics. Being kind to others is less about giving others, and more about the qualities you possess. When you came onto this planet earth, you were helpless and needed others to take care of yourself. These quotes illustrate your responsibility to revert humanity and compassion to your planet.
How you treat people, decides your destiny: so live a life that is worth celebrating. Great people are not prominent in worldly possessions but great in their ability to connect with others with tenderness.
Do a benevolent deed because of which you remain alive in the hearts of the people!
Short Kindness Quotes and Words to Make You A Better Person
- Act with kindness, but do not expect gratitude. –Confucius
- The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention. –Khalil Gibran
- Be the person that makes others feel included.
- Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much. –Blaise Pascal
- One can’t be kind to one person and cruel to another. –Moraji Desai
- We don’t have to agree on anything to be kind to one another.
- There is no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end. –Scott Adams
- The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose. –Hada Bejar
- We rise by lifting others. –Robert Ingersoll
- Kindness is the root of all good things.
- Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. –Mother Teresa
- When words are both true and kind, they can change the world.
These short quotes make you realize, kindness triggers a chain of acts that help you become a better version of yourself! It is impossible to keep kindness and meanness in one place. You have to choose one path that will determine your fate, and if you select the way of goodness, you will open yourself to great endeavors.
Never underestimate the power of human emotions over materialistic demands! You have no idea the strength, influence, and power they hold.
Sometimes, what you can’t achieve with a command, is accomplished with a request! Pleasant moments can be fleeting, but they take a permanent place in the memories!
Act of Kindness for Weakness Quotes That Will Enlighten You
- Don’t mistake my kindness for weakness. The beast in me is sleeping, not dead.
- I salute the man who is going through life always helpful, knowing no fear, and to whom aggressiveness and resentment are alien. –Albert Einstein
- Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strengths and resolutions. –Khalil Gibran
- We live in a world where people mistake kindness for weakness, sex for love, and social networks for reality.
- People just take your kindness for weakness sometimes, and that’s just the bottom line. –Ruben Studdard
- I like to think that it isn’t weakness or evasion, but a final act of kindness, a stand against oblivion and despair. –Ian McEwan
- No act of kindness does not show weakness; instead, it exalts love for your brothers, sisters, and humanity. –Monico Chrisandtros Hines
- Too often, we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. –Leo Buscaglia
- Kindness is not a weakness. Being kind doesn’t mean one is weak. One act of kindness can help someone who is going through his/her tough times. Being kind is a courageous act.
- Share your kindness with the world, and see what happens!
Mostly, people associate kindness with a weak and meek personality, but they are absolutely wrong in this case. Kindness calls for courage, devotion, and strength. It is an interpersonal skill known to many but found in some! These kindness quotes help you overcome weaknesses and open doors to an enlightened passage.
A weak person wants people to live under his rule because he is afraid to lose control. However, he doesn’t know he is only a repellent person. People with soft hearts create their realm with love, positivity, and compassion. They combat with inner demons to reach a happy place.
Kindness fights cruelty; it gives you hope and promote gratitude to move forward in life.
You can never become a better person without cultivating a positive attitude and actions. Bring a change in your personality and take charge of your behaviors. Learn how to give without any expectations and credits; it will lead you to a path of revolution.
Practice kindness, love, and compassion, and make this world full of wonders. Hopefully, these kindness quotes will enlighten you and empower you to take responsibility for your actions, and inspire you to bring a change in your attitude.
66 Unforgettable Emotional Quotes on Love, Life & Friendship
Get ready to head over to a rollercoaster ride of emotions with these emotional quotes!
Emotions possess a special place in your life; they give meaning to your existence, make you feel loved, and strengthen your friendships. They paint each part of your being in different colors.
Emotions surge through your body and make you feel deep in your heart. You feel happy, sad, lonely, shy, and whatnot; however, when it comes to revealing your feelings to your loved ones – you become speechless. It seems like a challenge: to convert your sentiments into words.
Therefore, these emotional quotes will become your weapon and will help you in strikingly expressing your feelings.
Most Emotional Love Quotes You Should Say to Your Lover
- They say a picture tells 1000 words, but when I see your all I see is 3: I Love You.
- I fall short of words to tell you how much you mean to me. All I can say is that my life revolves around you, and nothing else matters.
- Come live in my heart and pay no rent. –Samuel Lover
- Finding someone you love and who loves you back is a wonderful, wonderful feeling. But finding a true soul mate is an even better feeling. A soul mate is someone who understands you like no other, loves you like no other, will be there for you forever, no matter what. –Cecelia Ahern
- Doubt thou the stars are fire; doubt the sun doth move; doubt truth to be a liar: but never doubt I love. –William Shakespeare
- Scarlett, you need kissing badly. That’s what’s wrong with you. You should be kissed and by someone who knows how. –Margaret Mitchell(Gone with the wind)
- If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you. –A.A. Milne
- We would be together and have our books and at night be warm in bed together with the windows opens and the stars bright. –Ernest Hemingway
- You and I, it’s as though we have been taught to kiss in heaven and sent down to earth together, to see if we know what we were taught. –Boris Pasternak
- I’ve never had a moment’s doubt. I love you. I believe in you completely. You are my dearest one; My reason for life. –Ian McEwan
Love is the most powerful emotion out of them all; it fills your life with colors of joy and happiness. It makes you tender and warm towards the object of your affection.
However, strong emotions transform in an equally strong urge to express; to covey; to make the other person aware of your feelings. So, when you fall short of words, refer to these emotional love quotes, and speak out your heart’s desire.
These quotes fill up your bowl of affection to the brim and push you to verbalize your love!
Best Emotional Quotes to Inspire When You Are Feeling Sad
- You will never be truly happy if you continuously hold onto the things that make you sad.
- When you are happy, you enjoy the music. But, when you are sad, you understand the lyrics.
- And if today all you did was hold yourself together, I’m proud of you.
- Sometimes, life will kick you around, but sooner or later, you realize you’re not just a survivor. You’re a warrior, and you’re stronger than anything life throws your way. –Brooke Davis
- Some days are just bad days, that’s all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day, that’s just the way it is!
- Be thankful for what you have: you’ll end up having more, if you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. –Oprah Winfrey
- Any fool can be happy. It takes a man with a real heart to make beauty out of stuff that makes us weep. –Clive Barker
- There are many things you aren’t going to be able to control in your lifetime; the only thing you can control is your reactions. That’s where the trouble starts, a lot of people aren’t in control of themselves.
- You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness. –Jonathan Safran Foer
- You say you’re depressed- all I see is resilience. You are allowed to feel messed up and inside out. It doesn’t mean you’re defective – it just means you’re human. –David Mitchell
The above-mentioned quotes make you realize that sadness is as significant as love in your life. Without sadness, you will never become aware of the sensations happiness brings to you.
Each day is different; every situation is distinct! Some days you’re bursting with joy, and the other you can’t throw blanket off your face. However, the memory of cheerful moments drag you out of the misery and remind you of your strength.
Feelings of sadness are bound to occur; what matters is your resilience and your ability to bounce back!
Emotional Quotes About Life to Support You Get Through Tough Moment
- Surround yourself with those who believe in you. Your life is too important for anything less. –Steve Goodier
- When you face difficult times, know that challenges are not sent to destroy you. They’re sent to promote, increase, and strengthen you.
- Someday you’ll realize that every time you were being rejected from something good, you were just being pointed toward something better.
- Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use. –Earl Nightingale
- Life is a circle of happiness, sadness, hard times, and good times. If you are going through hard times, have faith that good times are on the way.
- Be strong now, because things will get better. It might be stormy now, but it can’t rain forever.
- You have permission to rest, you are not responsible for fixing everything that is broken. You do not have to try and make everyone happy. For now, take the time for you. It’s time to replenish.
- Right in the difficult, we must have our joys, our happiness, our dreams: there against the depth of this background, they stand out, there for the first time we see how beautiful they are. –Rainer Maria Rilke
- Rock bottom became the solid foundation in which I rebuilt my life. –J.K. Rowling
Close your eyes, and remember a time when you were in your worse condition. So, how do you feel now? Did your eyes fill with tears?
Now again, close your eyes, and this time, recollect a moment from your memory when you were the happiest. Do you feel different and better now?
That’s how life works; it can flip any day, any moment, leaving you to feel disoriented and helpless. However, these emotional quotes about life give you the power and courage to move forward with your head held high.
These quotes remind you that life can be hard, but you are strong enough to move past any tough moments.
Emotional Friendship Quotes That Will Warm the Heart of Your Best Friends
- Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another. “What! You too? I thought that no one but myself…” –C.S. Lewis
- Nowhere is a wonderful place, especially when you’re beside your best friend.
- There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not in my nature. –Jane Austen
- A friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing, and face with us the reality of our powerlessness; that is a friend who cares. –Henri J.M. Nouwen
- I don’t want you in my life, I need you in my life. You’re not my friend, you’re my best friend. I don’t like you, I love you! And I am glad I found you because I was absolutely lost without you.
- I laugh the harder with you. I feel more myself with you. I trust you with me – the real me. When something goes wrong, or right, or I hear a funny joke, or I see something bizarre, you’re the first person I want to talk to about it. –Samantha Young
- Friends pick us up when we fall down, and if they can’t pick us up, they lie down and listen for a while.
Friends are the counterpart of our own selves! They laugh with you; they grieve in your sorrows and share every moment of life with you. The emotional bond between the two friends is hard to break and harder to forget.
Friends are a blessing and God’s best gift to every individual! Friendships connect people and go beyond the satisfaction of the demands and needs of any relationship.
So, if you have not said any heart-warming quote to your friends lately, then don’t worry! These emotional friendship quotes have come to your rescue and will help you convey your sincere sentiments.
Emotional Wordings to Motivate You Forget the Pain of Past
- Sit with the pain until it passes, and you will be calmer for the next one. –Naval Ravikant
- If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it, and this you have the power to revoke at any moment. –Marcus Aurelius
- Without pain, without sacrifice, you would have nothing.
- Forget what hurt you but never forget what it taught you. –Shannon L. Alder
- In the process of letting go, you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.
- You can’t have a better tomorrow if you are thinking about yesterday all the time. –Charles Kettering
- Holding on is believing that there’s a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future. –Daphne Rose Kingma
- When it hurts to move on, just remember the pain you felt hanging on.
- The lingering thoughts of the past are there to make you weak, and you alone can stop this from ruining your whole existence by letting go and releasing the pain.
Past is like a record of memories that keep playing sorrowful songs now and then. To move forward in life, you need to free yourself from the painful and torturing afflictions of the past. However, it’s not easy to turn away from the pain when it comes knocking at your door forcibly.
These quotes open your mind to the fact that healing from the past doesn’t mean brushing it off when it resurfaces. It means you have come to accept the pain of your past and have learned from it.
Remember! You have the power to combat with demons of the past and reduce the impact of the hurt.
Deep Emotional and Heart Touching Quotes Will Make You Cry
- So we ignore each other and pretend the other person doesn’t exist, but deep down, we both know it wasn’t supposed to end like this.
- I’m proud of my heart, it’s been played, stabbed, cheated, burned, and broken, but somehow still works.
- I wanted to ask her how the same thing could be so ugly and so glorious, and its words and stories so damning and brilliant. – The book thief
- It hurts when you realize you aren’t as important to someone as you thought you were.
- They just ask you how you are? You told them you are fine, but you are not.
- Ask me why I keep on loving you when it’s clear that you don’t feel the same way for me; the problem is that as much as I can’t force you to love me, I can’t force myself to stop loving you.
- What do you do when the only person who can make you stop crying is the person who makes you cry.
Have you ever been cheated, hurt, and backstabbed? You must have gone through a time where your own self felt like a stranger, and painful feelings kept chewing up your existence.
These quotes jog down those memories and prompt the most hurtful ones. Evoking deeply buried feelings in the unconscious and stuffing your heart with pain!
However, you should know that crying also helps you overcome hurt and pain. Tears cure the stinging of deep emotional wounds and mend them back to get rid of their agony.
So, cry all you want with these quotes and restore your prowess!
Emotional Breakup Quotes You Can Learn from A Broken Heart
- The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.
- To be rejected by someone doesn’t mean you should also reject yourself. –Jocelyn Soriano
- Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your own worth.
- Let’s hope that for every time that we get hurt or break our heart, there is something somewhere being written to make up for it. –Mansi Soni
- You’ve got a broken heart. Not a broken life. You’ve got a broken dream, not a broken future.
- Pain makes you stronger, fear makes you braver, heartbreak makes you wiser.
- A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along. –J.S.B. Morse
When a relationship breaks, along with it shatters all your desires, dreams, and wishes for a beautiful future. Empty space creates in your life with nothing to cover it up! These emotional breakup quotes touch your heartstrings and teach you a lesson to mend your broken heart.
A relationship is a two-way deal; it involves two people who are responsible for the future of this relation. If it’s broken up, then both of them are accountable. So, always remember your worth! Your value is not dependent on your relationship. Therefore, never let anyone else dictate it to you!
You’re the maestro of your life; do not let rejection control your life. You’re still alive after a devastating blow to your self-confidence. So, you must learn to move on to live vehemently!
Emotional Quotes and Sayings for Who Are Suffering Emotional Abuse
- You don’t know pain until you’re staring at yourself in the mirror with tears in your eyes, begging yourself to just hold on and be strong.
- Until you heal the wounds of your past, you are going to bleed. You can bandage the bleeding with food, with alcohol, with drugs, with work, with cigarettes, with sex; But eventually, it will all ooze through and stain your life. You must find the strength to open the wounds, stick your hands inside, pull out the core of the pain that is holding you in your past, the memories and make peace with them. –Iyanla Vanzant
- I don’t think people realize how much strength it takes to pull your own self out of the poisonous situation with someone you love deeply. So, if you’ve done that today or any day, I’m proud of you. –Horacio Jones
- There is no safe way to remain in an abusive relationship with a person who has no conscience. The only solution is to escape.
- Just because no one else can heal or do your inner work for you doesn’t mean you can, should, or need to do it alone.
- Emotional abuse is just as bad as physical abuse. Worse! You can heal broken bones; you can’t heal a broken mind.
- Your relationship should make you feel safe, loved, and happy. Not tense, scared & anxious.
Sometimes, we get stuck in a hard place, with nothing to steer us back to our original spot. Our relationships are a source of solace and comfort. But, when they become suffocating to the point of strangulating your freedom, that’s when you need to take some action.
These quotes remind you that emotional abuse shreds your soul in pieces. However, you have the power to say no to this assault! You can rise above and beyond these wrongdoings and get justice.
We attach ourselves emotionally to every part of our life firmly! Emotions dominate us and influence our decisions to cope up with various situations. Therefore, it is impossible to detach and withdraw yourself with your feelings and live objectively.
Therefore, we collected these emotional quotes to tug at every corner of your existence and evoke respective emotions. Hopefully, these quotes did take you to a rollercoaster ride and gave a reason to jog down your memory lane and pick the most cherished moments of your life.
Remember, your emotions are an automatic reaction of your body; but, how you let this energy drive you is in your control!
101 Sarcastic Quotes for Sarcasm Lovers to Express What You Really Feel
Do you remember the sarcasm detector from “The Simpsons”?
Our lives are permeated with sarcasm. Those among us who can detect it are generally at ease in every situation with every type of person. Their skill to decipher the underlying meaning of someone’s saying makes them easily realize what others actually mean.
Today’s life is replete with irony and simple expressions like “Yeah Right!” and “nice joke” have lost their literal meanings and are often interpreted as ironic expressions.
The reason is that they are often uttered with a sneer to make them sarcastic. It has become the language of today’s modern society. Being sarcastic is fun. It makes the brain work creatively for finding solutions.
Sarcasm, dual in nature, is both funny and mean at the same time.
Let’s explore how famous wordsmiths have used this amazing tool to tone down plain-spoken criticism with fun and humor.
Funny Sarcastic and Sarcasm Quotes
- Sweetie, I am gonna need you to put those few remaining brain cells together and work with me here, okay?
- I am 99% angle, but that 1%, OH!!!
- I always mean what I say, I may not always mean to say it loud but I always mean it.
- Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I don’t understand. – Homer Simpson
- I am sorry that I hurt you when I called you stupid. I really thought that you already knew.
- Love is like a toothache, it does not show up in X-ray, but you know it exists. –George Burns
- If one door closes and another door opens, then your house is haunted, run away.
- There are two types of actors: those who say they don’t want to be famous and those who are liars. – Kevin Bacon
- If I am smiling, it means I am thinking of doing something bad, and If I am laughing, it means I already have done.
- There is absolutely no excuse for laziness. But if you find one, let me know.
- Zombies eat brain. You are safe.
- If my jokes offend you:
- I am sorry.
- It won’t happen again.
- I and ii both are a lie, and you are a fool.
- When people see you lying down with your eyes closed, they still ask, “Are you sleeping?”. NO! I am training myself to die.
- What doesn’t kill you disappoints me.
- Thinking is the most difficult job to do. Probably that’s the reason very few people do it. – Henry Ford
- Remember when I asked for your opinion? Yeah, neither me.
- Whenever I tell someone where I live, they say, “omg, so far.” I am like calm down I am not inviting you over.
- I never make the same mistake twice. I do it five to six times. You know, just to be sure.
- Not to brag, but I don’t need alcohol to make bad decisions.
- “Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I’ve done it thousands of times.” – Mark Twain
We all expect things to go out well in our life. Sarcastic expressions are a convenient instrument to express our aspirations and disappointments. We can let others understand in a light-hearted manner about the futility of the situation.
Mockery becomes all excitement and adds a little spice if used sparingly. By reading these famous funny, sarcastic quotes, you can work on your wit to avoid malice.
If you think well before you speak, you can definitely convey your hidden message to people without making them angry. Well-planned sarcastic comments are not taken as intended at humiliating others.
You can use any of your favorite funny, sarcastic quotes with your friends to enjoy a laugh together.
Sarcastic Quotes about Relationships
- After elections and marriage, people rarely get what they expect. – Will Roger
- Someday you’ll go far and I hope you stay there.
- I have been single for a while, and I have to say that it’s going very well. Like, it’s working out. I think I am the one.
- Marriage is the only form of slavery permitted by law. – John Stuart Hill
- If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question? – Lily Tomlin
- I am not arguing I am simply explaining why I am right.
- Relationships are not like algebra. Ever looked at your X and wondered Y?
- Relationships are like a walk in the park. Jurassic Park.
- You either choose me or lose me, because I am not a second option.
- You can’t say I didn’t warn you – my wedding vows.
- If she replies to your sarcasm with sarcasm, it means that she’s the keeper.
- Relationships these days start by pressing LIKE on her post.
- Roses are dead; love is fake; marriages are basically funerals with cakes. –Ricky and Morty
- I want someone who will look at me in the same way I look at the chocolate cake.
- I was asked what I will look for in a relationship.. apparently, “a way out” wasn’t the right answer.
- You know that little tingly feeling when you like someone? That is commonsense leaving your body.
- It’s funny how you are nice at my face. It’s hilarious how you talk shit behind my back. And it’s downright comical that you think I’m unaware.
- Relationships are like fat people. Most of them don’t work out.
If you want to be happy and grow your connection, exclude sarcasm. It works as a silent killer in many relationships because of the attached hostility. It often makes the partners feel low since actions determine sentiments and considerations.
Consistent cynicism may serve to enhance his/her insecurity. Be careful with your words, and don’t taint them with negativity. Use sarcasm candidly to benefit your relationship. Aim for self-confidence and happiness instead of bullying someone to put him/her down.
Add a tea-spoon of banter to spice up your conversation with wit but avoid steady or big-serving to save the taste of your relationships.
Don’t hesitate to tell others that your witty statements are harmless humor. They do not mean anger, criticism or meanness.
Sarcastic Love Quotes for Him or Her
- Forget the butterflies. I feel like the whole zoo when I am with you.
- I solemnly swear that I am up to no good, especially when I am alone with you.
- You stole my heart so I am planning to take revenge. I have decided to take your last name.
- I promise to love you, support you, respect you and above all else, make sure I’m not just yelling at you because I’m hungry.
- A kiss may not be the truth but it is what we wish were true. – Steve Martin
- I think you’re suffering from a lack of vitamin ME.
- I love you with all my belly. I would say heart, but my belly is bigger.
- I know I am handful, but that’s why you got two hands.
- Sometimes I wonder how you put up with me. Then I remember oh, I put up with you. So, we are even.
- Not everybody has to love me; I can’t force you to have good taste.
- If you really loved me, you would say it on my Facebook wall.
- All I know is one of us is right, and the other one is you.
- I love you more than coffee, but please don’t ask me to prove it.
Sarcasm, when used frequently, can make close friends or lovers part their ways. It may have a detrimental effect on people and destroy trust and intimacy, which is the binding force between two people.
Sarcastic remarks can make anyone feel insecure and suspicious about everything being said, even the good things. Your words and voice tone can make the other person leave you and move ahead.
Mockery can be manipulative. It can make one lose the capacity to communicate effectively. When your remarks make your partner feel ashamed, it ruins the relationship.
In its worst form, sarcasm can take the form of verbal or emotional abuse, erode relationships, and leave permanent scars on souls.
Be wise to use this handy tool without disappointing your loved ones, don’t cause any harm and practice equality and respect to ensure a healthy relationship for you and your partner.
Sarcastic Quotes for When Work is Beating You
- Confidence and hard work is the best medicine to kill the disease called failure. It will make you a successful person. – Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam
- I don’t want to work but my bills say, “bitch better make money for us.”
- Dear boss, first of all, I would like to let you know I’m typing this with my middle finger.
- Monday must be a man. It comes too fast.
- Interviewer: What do you make at your current job? Me: Mostly mistakes and inappropriate comments.
- The reward for good work is more work.
- Another fine day ruined by responsibility.
- Work tip: Stand up. Stretch. Take a walk. Go to the airport. Get on the plane. Never return.
- When work seems overwhelming, remember that you are going to die.
- I like work; it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours. – Jerome K.Jerome
- I will not kill my coworkers. I will not kill my coworkers. I will not . . . okay, maybe just one.
- The way to grow up at work is to replace “fuck you” with ” okay, great.”
At the workplace, we have to deal with different personality types. We interact with people. We could have avoided if they were not a part of our office. Understanding workplace sarcasm is crucial.
It is often humorous and can lighten the moods even in the toughest hours. This collection of workplace sarcastic quotes aims at providing you with useful tips to face cynical behavior effectively.
When the tight schedules are grilling you and you have to deal with it sarcastically, understand the psychology of intentions behind statements to decide better how to move ahead.
On the off chance, it is an issue at your workplace, deal it with head high. Focus on behaviors, make corrections wherever necessary. It should be pleasant and graceful, not dark and severe.
Be witty, cool and smart but not bitter or disrespectful to others. Know your limits and audience, and see whether in a given situation it is appropriate or a diversion.
Sarcastic Quotes about Friends Which are Hilarious
- Finding friends with the same mental disorder- priceless.
- Friends are like condoms. They protect you when things get hard.
- You don’t have to be crazy to be my friend, but it helps.
- True friends don’t judge each other. They judge other people together.
- Friends come and go like the waves of the ocean. True friends stay like an octopus on your face.
- Friendship must be built on a solid foundation of alcohol, sarcasm, inappropriateness, and shenanigans.
- A friend will help you when you fall down. A best friend will laugh at you so hard they fall down too.
- Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes.
- Some friends are like pennies, two-faced and worthless.
- We will be best friends forever because you know so much.
- I am the friend you have to explain to your other friends before they meet me.
- Everyone needs a smart- ass, sarcastic friend. I am so happy to be of service to you.
- Real friends don’t get offended when you insult them. They smile and call you with something more offensive.
- I knew we’d be friends the moment I discovered that you also have no filter on your sarcastic and wicked thoughts.
- Some friends are such a treasure that you want to bury them.
- Sweetie, you’re stuck with me. Deal with it.
- Thanks to the people who came into my life and made it better. And thanks to those people who walked out and made it amazing.
Do you want to be the funniest, smartest, and the most sarcastic one among your friends?
We are known by the company we keep. Proud and loud friends enjoy everything together. Having friends with mastery of sarcasm and a great sense of humor makes life go on a rollercoaster of enjoyment and excitement.
It has no boundaries and allows us to be hilariously expressive even in the most inappropriate times on account of fun. Being sarcastic has its pros and cons, but it is mostly a win-win game. Having a sarcastic friend is pretty fun.
We all wished to be like the friends in “Friends.” Don’t We?
Life gives us many reasons to keep our funny friends close even if they are the reason for our insanity most of the time.
To enjoy every LOL, not to take every stupid problem seriously and to have a cynical perspective of life, hilarious friends are the soul to put things into their right place with their uncanny wit.
Sarcastic Sayings About Life Lessons to Amuse Yourself
- Common sense is like deodorant. The people who need it most never use it.
- All of my life, I thought air was free until I bought a bag of chips.
- I got trust issues because people got lying issues.
- Some people are so poor that all they have is money.
- All you need is love and IQ low enough to believe it.
- Never understand the power of stupid people in a large group. – George Karlin
- Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm.
- Better to remain silent and be thought of a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. – Abraham Lincoln
- The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limit. – Albert Einstien
- When your profile consists of all selfies, probably you need to get a life.
- Maybe if we tell people that brain is an app, they’ll start using it.
- Don’t worry about what I am doing. Instead, worry about why you’re worried about what I am doing.
- Everything is funny if you can laugh at it.
- You never appreciate anything until it’s gone. Toilet paper is a good example.
- The more I know people, the more I like dogs. – Mark Twain
- I am multitasking. I can listen, ignore and forget at the same time.
- Dear life, could you at least start using lubricant?
- Before you judge someone else, try to keep in mind that may be you’re a piece of shit too.
- Most people with low self- esteem have earned it. – George Garlin
- I try not to worry much, not because nothing matters but because everything does.
- When someone says,” expect the unexpected.” Slap them and ask “did you expect that?”
Sarcastic quotes and saying can teach us lifelong lessons. They hold power to amuse us while our minds resonate with their powerful underlying meaning.
It is entertaining and priceless. It makes us humble. It can initiate an association. But do not let it control your sentiments, behaviors and relationships.
Use your words to amuse not to hurt others. Be straightforward and relate yourself with others in a way that commemorates the good things in life.
Wit and humor can give our pessimism an outlet. They shape our lives and promote creative thinking. They make people think and respond differently than the usual routine.
A fair reason to accept sarcasm is to support good humor and fun. It heals wounds and elicits confessions. It makes us a better friend and assists in winning arguments.
So folks, warmly welcome sarcasm in your life to enjoy your LOL moments and connections springing from it.
You must have enjoyed reading these sarcastic quotes and sayings. Do not forget to share this page with your friends. It takes no money to pass on smiles.
Top 50 Work from Home Jobs with $60K+ Salaries [Infographic]
70 Best Growth & Fixed Mindset Quotes to Encourage Your Life
Ultimate List of Kindness Quotes That Will Empower You All time
70 Quotes to inspire your daily meditation and start living your best life
66 Unforgettable Emotional Quotes on Love, Life & Friendship
67 Inspirational Autism Quotes That Will Make a Different Life
63 Most Memorable Batman Quotes from Your Super Hero
74 Hippie Quotes to Help Bust Your Stress
72 Fishing Quotes That Will Make You Want to Head Out on the Water
The Universe Quotes Collection That Will Change Your Thinking
66 Unforgettable Emotional Quotes on Love, Life & Friendship
63 Most Memorable Batman Quotes from Your Super Hero
67 Inspirational Autism Quotes That Will Make a Different Life
70 Quotes to inspire your daily meditation and start living your best life
Top 50 Work from Home Jobs with $60K+ Salaries [Infographic]
Ultimate List of Kindness Quotes That Will Empower You All time
70 Best Growth & Fixed Mindset Quotes to Encourage Your Life
Motivation6 months ago
82 Beach Quotes and Sayings to Make Your Day
LifeStyle5 months ago
68 Inspiration Quotes by Nipsey Hussle to Help Build a Better Life
Motivation8 months ago
79 Haters Quotes and Sayings to Motivate You
Growth3 months ago
70 Inspirational Quotes about Mentors to Uplift Your Spirit
Quotes5 months ago
111 Fake People Quotes and Sayings with Images
Affirmations4 months ago
101 I Am Affirmations for Success, Abundance, Wealth and Happiness
LifeStyle4 months ago
80 Rapper Quotes on Love, Family& Hip Hop That Will Rekindle Your Life
Growth7 months ago
When Life Gives You Lemons, Add Sugar and Water, Make Lemonade