Treating people right is the biggest dilemma that our generation is trying to resolve. Every step we take feels like a step backward.
The world we live in is full of people who continuously search for opportunities to take advantage of the other person. However, not everyone is the same. The same world consists of people who are true to the core and mean well for you.
Some numerous debates and theories try to highlight the best of treating a person. We will draw a comparison between two of the most common approaches; Golden rule and Platinum rule, to help you develop a better understanding of which one is the most effective.
The Origin of Maxim Golden Rule
The golden rule maxim dates back to the earliest periods of human history. It has been a foundation stone and a critical element in numerous religions and cultures. It is a lesson of righteousness and reciprocity that teaches one to treat others the same way they wish others will treat them.
Different research suggests different timings to be the actual origin of the maxim. According to some, it dates back to ancient Egypt. Whereas, others claim the narrations first came in the teachings of Leviticus.
It is a standard part of all of the Abrahamic religions, with Islam being the only one that enforces the rule as a religious obligation for every Muslim to follow.
The Golden Rule (treat others how YOU want to be treated) VS The Platinum Rule (treat others how THEY want to be treated)
As time moved one, the Golden rule became a topic of constant debate and drew criticism from numerous philosophers around the globe.
The Golden rule teaches us how to be empathetic and reciprocate someone’s actions towards us. However, according to philosophers, the maxim did not focus on situational requirements. It could lead someone towards irresponsible behavior if there was a difference in the interest and value of two parties.
This conflict gave birth to a new ideology known as the “Platinum Rule,” which teaches us about treating others according to their desire. It takes the Golden rule a step forward and focuses on the critical role that situations and preferences play in managing people.
It allows people to put themselves in the shoes of others and then make decisions according to how they would want to be treated. A typical example of the Platinum rule is ignoring prejudice against someone’s race or religion when you decide how you are going to act towards them. Instead, your actions are similar to how the other person would want them to be.
How to Figure Out the Best Way to Treat Others (10 Ways make “YOU” into “THEY”)
1. Practice empathy – We are often unable to understand the course of one’s action. There are times when these actions end up hurting us, whereas they were not even about us in the first place. We fail to see past those actions and ignore the importance of understanding one’s behavior.
By keeping the Golden rule in mind, we will enable us to look past a person’s actions and move toward understanding the distress they may be in. It will ultimately allow us to practice the Platinum Rule, and treating them the right way will not only help us diffuse the situation but also improve the other person.
2. Avoid pointing out other’s flaws – By pointing flaws and drawing comparisons, we make people walk on a path of insecurities and force them to adopt a negative outlook on life and society. It is one of the most common problems that people in the modern age are suffering from.
Bullying is a typical example of such a situation, and numerous incidents are reported daily. It has become a significant cause of suicide in children in their teens, as they are unable to find the will to cope-up and face the negativity that surrounds them.
If we switch sides and become the point of unnecessary focus, we will understand the pain that these actions cause. Considering and treating them as equal will not only allow them to feel the same way as you do but will teach them to overcome their flaws and focus on the positivity that life has to offer.
3. Avoid looking down on people – Not everyone is born with a golden spoon in their mouth. Even in such modern times, a considerable percentage of the world population lives under the poverty line.
While many of them work day and night to try and make their way to the top, some are in such a bad condition that they are not even capable of saving themselves. It is a way of life, and keeping a sane eye makes us look towards the actual reason why such people are unable to change their circumstances.
We need to educate ourselves, and instead of looking down on them, we need to change the world into a better place. The golden rule teaches us to seek the same for others that we will aim for ourselves. If we ask a better tomorrow for ourselves, we should find a better tomorrow for them.
Additionally, we should ensure that we never hurt the pride of such people. Pride is often the last thing they’re left with, and we need to be careful about what we say or do. Else, we might do something that will shatter their only hope. It is a part of the Platinum rule that we should always keep in mind.
4. Stay fair at all times – Staying fair is a social norm that everyone must adapt. It allows society to progress as a whole. In recent times, we have seen a lot of social welfare organizations taking steps to help the oppressed reach an equal ground. However, it is still nothing but a far-fetched dream.
By understanding the concept of the golden rule, we know the importance of equality. It is a principle that we learn in both ethics and religion and should practice at all times. However, since every person and situation is different, there are times when we need to identify the weather and focus on fairness or justice. Treating everyone the same way is fairness, whereas there are situations when we need to be more considerate towards a specific individual, which is justice.
Being fair and just are two traits that we should keep close to our hearts at all times. These are critical steps toward becoming a better person.
5. Learning to respect others – Respect is a concept that every human consciously or sub-consciously strives for. It is a social element that every person deserves, and as humans, we need to ensure that we give people what they deserve.
Irrespective of whatever the age, class, race, or religion, we need to consider everyone as equal and treat them the way we want others to treat us. Additionally, there are certain situations in which you need to be a bit more considerate, as you may unintentionally hurt a person.
A typical example of the situation is offering Pork to a Muslim or special treatment because of a person’s race. While your intentions may be well and out of respect, your actions may lure them down. Instead, it is best to treat them the way they wish to be treated.
6. Avoid manipulating others – Manipulation is the most common sin that we can find in the modern world. People often manipulate and deceive others for their gain.
Every human has the right to think their way, carry an opinion, and act according to their will. However, the society we live in tries to overlap these factors. A typical example is a manipulation by the hands of an influential personality.
If the tables turn, and we get to experience how people maneuver our thoughts, it is the last thing that we would want for ourselves. Additionally, respect for one’s opinion is a fundamental human right and a lesson that we learn from the Platinum rule maxim. We should follow it at all times.
7. Avoid prejudice – As the famous quote goes, “do not judge a book by its cover.” Similarly, we should refrain from forming opinions or judging people, especially when we know nothing about them.
One thing that we often experience in movies is that the misfit often turns out to be the hero, Clark Kent. With facts unknown, perceived as a villain, he turns out to be the only hope for survival. A lesson that all of us must learn and implement in our daily lives.
By forming prejudice, in our minds, we try to snatch the power from one to show us their true selves. Instead, we develop a negative image of them, which is unlike something that we would want for ourselves. As the Golden rule teaches us, we should consider everyone as equal and be open to give them a chance.
Some people are introvert by nature, and pushing them too much, even with good intentions, might cause them to close further. Hence, they must keep the Platinum rule in mind and be open to accepting people the way they want to be taken.
8. Accountability – Actions speak louder than words, and words can go from wisdom to war. Everything we say or do has repercussions and demands that we think before we leap.
For example, there is always a fine line between a joke and an insult. Something that can be funny to us can be mean and hurtful for others. Hence, we should always position ourselves as others and only speak what we feel will be acceptable to ourselves. It is the foundation that we learn in the Golden rule.
However, there can be situations that may demand you to sugarcoat the truth. For example, someone who doesn’t have a healthy mind may not have the courage to digest the facts. In such situations, you should always keep the Platinum rule in mind, and choose your words very carefully.
9. Refrain from commenting on physical appearance – Physical appearance is a sensitive matter for everyone. Even if someone denies it, the fact is that it is the only factor that can make a person feel conscious about themselves.
Remembering the teachings of the Golden rule, we should only say what we will like to hear about ourselves. Passing negative or hurtful comments is not something that anyone wants to hear, especially if someone has physical retardation or genetic problem.
Autism is an increasing problem, and people worldwide are launching initiatives to educate people about how an autistic child wants others to treat them. It teaches us a great deal about the Platinum rule that we should adopt when dealing with others.
10. Avoid objectifying people – Perhaps the most important rule that one should remember; people are people and not an object.
A lot of people consider others as an object that has no emotions. Whereas, every human is the same, and we should never forget that. By following the Golden rule, we can identify what actions might hurt us, and how the same actions by us can hurt someone else.
Additionally, there are some people with additional or special needs. Unless we consider them human and treat them the way they want, we are unable to give them the courage to fight the situation. Hence, we should always keep the Platinum rule close to our hearts.
How This Ultimate Platinum Rule Refines the Interpersonal Relationships on the Way to Success
Interpersonal skills play a critical role in taking you a step forward in your life.
Communication and delivery are critical elements of a professional career. Unless you can communicate with the third party, you will always find a void that needs to be filled.
With the help of the Platinum rule, you are not only able to communicate but also understand the needs of others and prioritize them. For example, treating your in-line manager the way he wants to be treated will allow you to communicate better with them.
The Golden and Platinum maxim are a way of life that people often consider, yet forget to make a part of their daily life. These maxims allow us to evolve and become a better person.
By treating people the right way, we are not only making the society a better place, but we are also teaching them the right way to treat us. Whatever goes around, comes back around.
101 Sarcastic Quotes for Sarcasm Lovers to Express What You Really Feel
Do you remember the sarcasm detector from “The Simpsons”?
Our lives are permeated with sarcasm. Those among us who can detect it are generally at ease in every situation with every type of person. Their skill to decipher the underlying meaning of someone’s saying makes them easily realize what others actually mean.
Today’s life is replete with irony and simple expressions like “Yeah Right!” and “nice joke” have lost their literal meanings and are often interpreted as ironic expressions.
The reason is that they are often uttered with a sneer to make them sarcastic. It has become the language of today’s modern society. Being sarcastic is fun. It makes the brain work creatively for finding solutions.
Sarcasm, dual in nature, is both funny and mean at the same time.
Let’s explore how famous wordsmiths have used this amazing tool to tone down plain-spoken criticism with fun and humor.
Funny Sarcastic and Sarcasm Quotes
- Sweetie, I am gonna need you to put those few remaining brain cells together and work with me here, okay?
- I am 99% angle, but that 1%, OH!!!
- I always mean what I say, I may not always mean to say it loud but I always mean it.
- Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I don’t understand. – Homer Simpson
- I am sorry that I hurt you when I called you stupid. I really thought that you already knew.
- Love is like a toothache, it does not show up in X-ray, but you know it exists. –George Burns
- If one door closes and another door opens, then your house is haunted, run away.
- There are two types of actors: those who say they don’t want to be famous and those who are liars. – Kevin Bacon
- If I am smiling, it means I am thinking of doing something bad, and If I am laughing, it means I already have done.
- There is absolutely no excuse for laziness. But if you find one, let me know.
- Zombies eat brain. You are safe.
- If my jokes offend you:
- I am sorry.
- It won’t happen again.
- I and ii both are a lie, and you are a fool.
- When people see you lying down with your eyes closed, they still ask, “Are you sleeping?”. NO! I am training myself to die.
- What doesn’t kill you disappoints me.
- Thinking is the most difficult job to do. Probably that’s the reason very few people do it. – Henry Ford
- Remember when I asked for your opinion? Yeah, neither me.
- Whenever I tell someone where I live, they say, “omg, so far.” I am like calm down I am not inviting you over.
- I never make the same mistake twice. I do it five to six times. You know, just to be sure.
- Not to brag, but I don’t need alcohol to make bad decisions.
- “Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I’ve done it thousands of times.” – Mark Twain
We all expect things to go out well in our life. Sarcastic expressions are a convenient instrument to express our aspirations and disappointments. We can let others understand in a light-hearted manner about the futility of the situation.
Mockery becomes all excitement and adds a little spice if used sparingly. By reading these famous funny, sarcastic quotes, you can work on your wit to avoid malice.
If you think well before you speak, you can definitely convey your hidden message to people without making them angry. Well-planned sarcastic comments are not taken as intended at humiliating others.
You can use any of your favorite funny, sarcastic quotes with your friends to enjoy a laugh together.
Sarcastic Quotes about Relationships
- After elections and marriage, people rarely get what they expect. – Will Roger
- Someday you’ll go far and I hope you stay there.
- I have been single for a while, and I have to say that it’s going very well. Like, it’s working out. I think I am the one.
- Marriage is the only form of slavery permitted by law. – John Stuart Hill
- If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question? – Lily Tomlin
- I am not arguing I am simply explaining why I am right.
- Relationships are not like algebra. Ever looked at your X and wondered Y?
- Relationships are like a walk in the park. Jurassic Park.
- You either choose me or lose me, because I am not a second option.
- You can’t say I didn’t warn you – my wedding vows.
- If she replies to your sarcasm with sarcasm, it means that she’s the keeper.
- Relationships these days start by pressing LIKE on her post.
- Roses are dead; love is fake; marriages are basically funerals with cakes. –Ricky and Morty
- I want someone who will look at me in the same way I look at the chocolate cake.
- I was asked what I will look for in a relationship.. apparently, “a way out” wasn’t the right answer.
- You know that little tingly feeling when you like someone? That is commonsense leaving your body.
- It’s funny how you are nice at my face. It’s hilarious how you talk shit behind my back. And it’s downright comical that you think I’m unaware.
- Relationships are like fat people. Most of them don’t work out.
If you want to be happy and grow your connection, exclude sarcasm. It works as a silent killer in many relationships because of the attached hostility. It often makes the partners feel low since actions determine sentiments and considerations.
Consistent cynicism may serve to enhance his/her insecurity. Be careful with your words, and don’t taint them with negativity. Use sarcasm candidly to benefit your relationship. Aim for self-confidence and happiness instead of bullying someone to put him/her down.
Add a tea-spoon of banter to spice up your conversation with wit but avoid steady or big-serving to save the taste of your relationships.
Don’t hesitate to tell others that your witty statements are harmless humor. They do not mean anger, criticism or meanness.
Sarcastic Love Quotes for Him or Her
- Forget the butterflies. I feel like the whole zoo when I am with you.
- I solemnly swear that I am up to no good, especially when I am alone with you.
- You stole my heart so I am planning to take revenge. I have decided to take your last name.
- I promise to love you, support you, respect you and above all else, make sure I’m not just yelling at you because I’m hungry.
- A kiss may not be the truth but it is what we wish were true. – Steve Martin
- I think you’re suffering from a lack of vitamin ME.
- I love you with all my belly. I would say heart, but my belly is bigger.
- I know I am handful, but that’s why you got two hands.
- Sometimes I wonder how you put up with me. Then I remember oh, I put up with you. So, we are even.
- Not everybody has to love me; I can’t force you to have good taste.
- If you really loved me, you would say it on my Facebook wall.
- All I know is one of us is right, and the other one is you.
- I love you more than coffee, but please don’t ask me to prove it.
Sarcasm, when used frequently, can make close friends or lovers part their ways. It may have a detrimental effect on people and destroy trust and intimacy, which is the binding force between two people.
Sarcastic remarks can make anyone feel insecure and suspicious about everything being said, even the good things. Your words and voice tone can make the other person leave you and move ahead.
Mockery can be manipulative. It can make one lose the capacity to communicate effectively. When your remarks make your partner feel ashamed, it ruins the relationship.
In its worst form, sarcasm can take the form of verbal or emotional abuse, erode relationships, and leave permanent scars on souls.
Be wise to use this handy tool without disappointing your loved ones, don’t cause any harm and practice equality and respect to ensure a healthy relationship for you and your partner.
Sarcastic Quotes for When Work is Beating You
- Confidence and hard work is the best medicine to kill the disease called failure. It will make you a successful person. – Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam
- I don’t want to work but my bills say, “bitch better make money for us.”
- Dear boss, first of all, I would like to let you know I’m typing this with my middle finger.
- Monday must be a man. It comes too fast.
- Interviewer: What do you make at your current job? Me: Mostly mistakes and inappropriate comments.
- The reward for good work is more work.
- Another fine day ruined by responsibility.
- Work tip: Stand up. Stretch. Take a walk. Go to the airport. Get on the plane. Never return.
- When work seems overwhelming, remember that you are going to die.
- I like work; it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours. – Jerome K.Jerome
- I will not kill my coworkers. I will not kill my coworkers. I will not . . . okay, maybe just one.
- The way to grow up at work is to replace “fuck you” with ” okay, great.”
At the workplace, we have to deal with different personality types. We interact with people. We could have avoided if they were not a part of our office. Understanding workplace sarcasm is crucial.
It is often humorous and can lighten the moods even in the toughest hours. This collection of workplace sarcastic quotes aims at providing you with useful tips to face cynical behavior effectively.
When the tight schedules are grilling you and you have to deal with it sarcastically, understand the psychology of intentions behind statements to decide better how to move ahead.
On the off chance, it is an issue at your workplace, deal it with head high. Focus on behaviors, make corrections wherever necessary. It should be pleasant and graceful, not dark and severe.
Be witty, cool and smart but not bitter or disrespectful to others. Know your limits and audience, and see whether in a given situation it is appropriate or a diversion.
Sarcastic Quotes about Friends Which are Hilarious
- Finding friends with the same mental disorder- priceless.
- Friends are like condoms. They protect you when things get hard.
- You don’t have to be crazy to be my friend, but it helps.
- True friends don’t judge each other. They judge other people together.
- Friends come and go like the waves of the ocean. True friends stay like an octopus on your face.
- Friendship must be built on a solid foundation of alcohol, sarcasm, inappropriateness, and shenanigans.
- A friend will help you when you fall down. A best friend will laugh at you so hard they fall down too.
- Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes.
- Some friends are like pennies, two-faced and worthless.
- We will be best friends forever because you know so much.
- I am the friend you have to explain to your other friends before they meet me.
- Everyone needs a smart- ass, sarcastic friend. I am so happy to be of service to you.
- Real friends don’t get offended when you insult them. They smile and call you with something more offensive.
- I knew we’d be friends the moment I discovered that you also have no filter on your sarcastic and wicked thoughts.
- Some friends are such a treasure that you want to bury them.
- Sweetie, you’re stuck with me. Deal with it.
- Thanks to the people who came into my life and made it better. And thanks to those people who walked out and made it amazing.
Do you want to be the funniest, smartest, and the most sarcastic one among your friends?
We are known by the company we keep. Proud and loud friends enjoy everything together. Having friends with mastery of sarcasm and a great sense of humor makes life go on a rollercoaster of enjoyment and excitement.
It has no boundaries and allows us to be hilariously expressive even in the most inappropriate times on account of fun. Being sarcastic has its pros and cons, but it is mostly a win-win game. Having a sarcastic friend is pretty fun.
We all wished to be like the friends in “Friends.” Don’t We?
Life gives us many reasons to keep our funny friends close even if they are the reason for our insanity most of the time.
To enjoy every LOL, not to take every stupid problem seriously and to have a cynical perspective of life, hilarious friends are the soul to put things into their right place with their uncanny wit.
Sarcastic Sayings About Life Lessons to Amuse Yourself
- Common sense is like deodorant. The people who need it most never use it.
- All of my life, I thought air was free until I bought a bag of chips.
- I got trust issues because people got lying issues.
- Some people are so poor that all they have is money.
- All you need is love and IQ low enough to believe it.
- Never understand the power of stupid people in a large group. – George Karlin
- Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm.
- Better to remain silent and be thought of a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. – Abraham Lincoln
- The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limit. – Albert Einstien
- When your profile consists of all selfies, probably you need to get a life.
- Maybe if we tell people that brain is an app, they’ll start using it.
- Don’t worry about what I am doing. Instead, worry about why you’re worried about what I am doing.
- Everything is funny if you can laugh at it.
- You never appreciate anything until it’s gone. Toilet paper is a good example.
- The more I know people, the more I like dogs. – Mark Twain
- I am multitasking. I can listen, ignore and forget at the same time.
- Dear life, could you at least start using lubricant?
- Before you judge someone else, try to keep in mind that may be you’re a piece of shit too.
- Most people with low self- esteem have earned it. – George Garlin
- I try not to worry much, not because nothing matters but because everything does.
- When someone says,” expect the unexpected.” Slap them and ask “did you expect that?”
Sarcastic quotes and saying can teach us lifelong lessons. They hold power to amuse us while our minds resonate with their powerful underlying meaning.
It is entertaining and priceless. It makes us humble. It can initiate an association. But do not let it control your sentiments, behaviors and relationships.
Use your words to amuse not to hurt others. Be straightforward and relate yourself with others in a way that commemorates the good things in life.
Wit and humor can give our pessimism an outlet. They shape our lives and promote creative thinking. They make people think and respond differently than the usual routine.
A fair reason to accept sarcasm is to support good humor and fun. It heals wounds and elicits confessions. It makes us a better friend and assists in winning arguments.
So folks, warmly welcome sarcasm in your life to enjoy your LOL moments and connections springing from it.
You must have enjoyed reading these sarcastic quotes and sayings. Do not forget to share this page with your friends. It takes no money to pass on smiles.
Top 10 Signs You Need to Hire a Family Lawyer (+Free Legal Help Advice)
Are you on the verge of a divorce? Or are you considering adoption? Perhaps you are about to enter into a civil union or partnership. You have no cause to fear! Indeed, you might be concerned about avoiding some legal mistakes when it comes to these marital or family-related issues.
We’ve got you covered in this write-up. Guess what, we also explore some other basic questions that may bother your mind, like when you need a family lawyer and its cost. Just check it out.
10 Signs You Need to Hire a Family Lawyer
1. Preparing for Marriage
Getting married is one sure thing to make you happy. It puts you in the celebration mood. However, there is more to marriage than whites, smiles, and celebrations. Marriage is a legal affair. And it makes complete sense that you approach a family lawyer before going on with your marriage preparations.
Your lawyer will help you through all the legal requirements for marriage, as defined by your home state. A family lawyer will also enlighten you on all your marriage-related legal rights and responsibilities. This is important to avoid future conflicts.
2. Settling in for Civil Union or Domestic Partnership
It is common practice today to settle with a partner without getting married. This is known as Civil Union or Domestic Partnership. It includes the rights and responsibilities of married life, without actually getting married.
However, like marriage, it has its legal obligations. Several states have varying requirements. And the process can get frustrating. But a family lawyer is well versed in the rules of civil unions and domestic partnerships. Hence, you should consider hiring one to ensure the absence of legal issues.
3. Owing Assets Before Marriage, Civil Union, or Domestic Partnership
When else do you need a family lawyer? When you have some pre-owned asset before marriage. The grounds of marriage, civil unions, or domestic participation do not remove the need to protect these assets. Have you heard of a prenuptial agreement? It’s commonly called a Prenup. It describes how wealth gets shared in the events of death or divorce.
You should consider hiring a family law attorney to help you through the prenup agreement. It is what a family lawyer does to protect you, your assets, and your future.
4. Setting Up a Family Trust
A family trust is a discretionary trust set up to either start a family business or hold a family’s assets. It aims to protect the family’s assets. It also makes it easier to transfer wealth to future generations.
When you consider the individual differences and the legal technicalities involved in forming a family trust, hiring a family lawyer becomes a smart choice. By doing that, you can avoid future family conflicts, which sure is in your best interest.
5. Drafting Wills and Estate Plans
A will and estate plan are two crucial documents. They describe how your wealth gets distributed after you pass away. Estate plan elaborates the will further by describing ownership and management of assets in the bid to protect your heirs from issues that may arise from the transfer of ownership.
Preparing these documents can be complicated and even rendered invalid without the right legal guidance and procedure. And that is why you need a family lawyer to help you protect your heirs and assets.
6. Settling Family Disputes
At some point, there may arise family disputes which can go out of hand, leading to certain losses. However, these conflicts can be settled by a family lawyer without the need to go to a family court. And if need be, a family law attorney can also stand for you if the case eventually gets to court.
7. When in Need of Grandparent Rights
At times, as a grandparent, you may be restricted from meeting your grandchildren. And you may feel forced to visit a law firm to request help in acquiring grandparent rights. You will need to hire a family law attorney to help you come to terms with the parents or prove in a court of law that your grandchildren are subject to harm.
8. When Going for Divorce
Sadly, divorce is a common occurrence in the world today. Partners often feel the need to go their separate ways for different reasons, including infidelity and abuse. However, since marriage starts on a legal basis, divorce itself is a legal process. If not properly handled, it can lead to complicated civil issues that take time to resolve.
Family lawyers exist to help you and your spouse arrive at fair terms and compromises that both suit your interests. In most cases, they make the divorce process less demanding.
9. Disputes Over Child Custody
After divorce, there is usually the conflict over who gets to take custody of the children. Again, retaining your child’s custody may be a fight against the state or other family members. Either way, you have a legal right to protect your child. And to ensure victory in a family court, you need a family lawyer to take you through the steps.
10. Becoming a Guardian
Adopting a child isn’t as simple as you may think. It involves a lot of paperwork, sometimes court hearing, to prove that you can take full custody of the child. Now, if not correctly done, you may lose the chance of becoming a guardian. And that is why you need a family lawyer to help you file the necessary paperwork. The family lawyer will help to prove that you are capable of being a guardian.
How Much Does It Cost for a Family Law Attorney?
Now, this is based on different factors, such as the experience of the attorney, location, etc. Generally, the cost of individual attorneys differs. As a result, a precise amount cannot be placed on it.
According to LegalMatch, an estimated budget of $200 to $600 per hour will do for an experienced family lawyer. Usually, you are required to pay an upfront deposit called retainers for services while signing the agreement fee. This retainer range from $3,500 to $10,000 based on Minellalawgroup analysis.
No fears here, it has to remain in a trust account until the work is done. If you can’t afford a family lawyer, there exist some cheap and free alternatives that you can explore.
Cheap and Free Legal Help Exists When You Can’t Afford a Family Lawyer
- Small Claims Courts
As the name suggests, the matters attended to here are of small claims. There is always a limit to the damages being awarded. For instance, in Delaware, the most you will be granted or lose is $15,000. This means that your claims must not be an extravagant one beyond the scope of the court. An example of this will imply going to small claims court if you’re trying to work out your financial affairs after a divorce.
- Pro Bono Services | Free Lawyer Consultation
Law firms in their bid to give back to the society do engage in some Corporate Social Responsibility. Most times, it includes the use of their expertise for the community’s good, such as pro bono services or free legal consultations. You can get in on this and enjoy the CSR package. It is also an excellent alternative if you cannot afford a family lawyer.
- Reach Out to a Law School
You could also reach out to students in a law school to give you some legal advice. They have garnered some legal knowledge you need. So, it won’t hurt to hire a student there. Do you know that some law schools have pro bono programs where the students give free legal advice? You can make use of that and enjoy the benefits of it.
- Reach Out to Your County Bar Association
Reaching out to your county bar association can prove very fruitful in getting professional legal advice. Don’t have enough dollars to spend? No worries. The Akron Bar Association, in Akron, Ohio, is an example of such a good bar association that helps with your legal questions. On the second and fourth Friday of each month, you dial in and ask your legal questions for free.
If you have some dollars to spare and can’t wait until these days to consult a lawyer, you can get in on a 30-minute consultation with an attorney for $30. On some specific topics, they charge nothing.
- The Power of Legal Aid Clinics
Visiting legal aid clinics can serve as a perfect alternative to hiring a family lawyer. This is especially if you don’t have the money to pay the family lawyer. The legal aid societies are mostly made up of lawyers, paralegals, and various people with primarily legal backgrounds. So, visiting a legal aid clinic will ensure that you see your case from a unique legal perspective.
Making legal mistakes can be fatal. Hence, you will always need legal advice. Do not hesitate to reach out to legal professionals, especially family lawyers, when you can afford one. Their advice is always golden and can save you from a lot of future problems and stress. So, reach out to a family lawyer or an alternative today.
111 Fake People Quotes and Sayings with Images
We are all familiar with people who fake their way through life. Such people pretend to care about others, but in reality, only care about themselves. Fake people are usually hard to detect. They enjoy showering fake love to fool people.
Sometimes you wish to be wrong about someone fake close to you. However, it is important to remove such toxic people from your life for your mental wellbeing.
Fake friends often disappear when you need them the most. Such people are only concerned with fulfilling their agendas. If you notice that some of your friends only reach out to you when they need a favor and ignore you when you need their help, there is a good chance that you are dealing with a fake friend.
Recognizing fake people around you is the first step towards permanently removing them from your life. Although it might not always be easy, letting go of one-sided relationships can help you in cultivating loving relationships and avoiding associations that can hurt you in the long run.
Quotes have always been a source of wisdom from people much wiser than us. So let’s dive in and indulge in amazing quotes about fake people and their bogus strategies.
Funny Fake People and Fake Friends Quotes
- “I hate two-faced people. It’s so hard to decide which face to slap first.” — Yong Junhyung
- “I only want one thing from fake people, distance.”
- “Fake people are like pennies. Two-faced and worthless.”
- “Some people just need a high-five in the face, with a chair.”
- “Some people are like clouds. When they disappear, it’s a beautiful day.”
- “Sometimes I enjoy when people stop being friends with me. It’s like the garbage took itself out.”
- “You smell like drama and a headache, please get away from me.”
- “If you are going to be two-faced at least make one of them pretty.” — Marilyn Monroe
- “Stay real, stay loyal or stay away from me.”
- “Fake friends are like autocorrect. They try to make you something you are not.”
- “I’ve found the key to happiness. Stay away from idiots.”
- “Make sure the lions you roll with aren’t snakes in disguise.”
- “Thank God I found the good in goodbye.”
- “It’s funny how you’re nice to my face. It’s hilarious how you talk shit behind my back. And it’s downright comical that you think I’m unaware.”
- “If it involves fake smiling, I am not going.”
- “Life is too short for fake butter, cheese, or people” — Karen Salmansohn
- “Facebook is proof that you are never too old to have imaginary friends.”
- “To all those who have gossiped about me, thank you for making me the centre of your little world.”
- “Need new haters, the old ones are starting to like me.”
- “No, don’t even approach me. I am severely allergic to fake people.”
- “Oh, my bad. I’m sorry for bothering you. I forgot I only exist when you need me for something.”
- “Sorry I am not perfect. But I’m definitely not fake.”
- “All positions for annoying people in my life have been filled. Applicants need not apply. Thank you.”
- “People who create their own drama deserve their own karma.” — Unknown
The best way to spot fake friends status is to take your time trusting people. Trust is a sacred gift that shouldn’t be handed out for free. Believe only in people that have been there for you in the darkest of times. People who have a habit of bailing out when things turn rough are not the ones to surround yourself in everyday life.
Quantity doesn’t matter when it comes to true friends. It always comes down to quality and how much your friends care about you. The friends who have your best interests at heart and are looking forward to seeing you succeed are the real friends that should be cherished and loved.
Short Fake People Quotes to Remember in Life
- “A false friend and a shadow attend only while the sun shines.” — Benjamin Franklin
- “Growing up means realizing a lot of your friends aren’t really your friends.”
- “Sometimes it’s not the people who change, it’s the mask that falls off.”
- “Real is rare.”
- “Don’t fear the enemy that attacks you, but the fake friend that hugs you.”
- “The best way to avoid disappointment is to not expect anything from anyone.”
- “Don’t trust everything you see. Even salt looks like sugar.”
- “I will remember and recover. Not forgive and forget.”
- “Trust on their action. Not on their words.”
- “An honest enemy is better than a best friend who lies.” — Vandi Tanko
- “No room or vacancies for fake people in my life.”
- “I’d rather have no friends than fake friends.”
- “People will stab you in the back and then ask why you’re bleeding.”
- Some of the most poisonous people come disguised as friends and family.”
- “If you don’t like me, I’m cool with that. Just don’t pretend that you do.”
- “In life, we never lose friends. We only learn who the true ones are.”
- “Some people would push you off the ledge just to catch you and say they saved your life.”
- “A person’s actions will tell you everything you need to know.”
- “Don’t be fooled. People aren’t who they “Post” to be.”
- “A fake friend likes to see you do good, but not better than them. Pay attention.”
- “People only throw shade on what’s shinning” — Genereux Philip
- “Fake friends: Once they stop talking to you, they start talking about you.”
- “One fake friend can do more damage than five enemies.”
Sometimes, trying to separate your fake friends from the real ones can be a real challenge. Even if you identify them, dealing with fake people can be really difficult.
Have you ever felt like someone you are close with isn’t as invested in your friendship or relationship as you?
If yes, then it might be time to show them the door and move on to better options in life.
If you feel like you’ve gained importance in someone’s life after you bought your new car or got a promotion, it is a clear sign that they are only friends with you for their agendas.
If someone constantly tries to steal your thunder and never realizes that there are other people in the world besides themselves, you might want to rethink about your relationship with them.
Old Fake People Sayings to Keep You Away from Fake Friends
- “A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your successes.” — Doug Larson
- “You create more space in your life when you turn your excess baggage into the garbage.”
- “Sometimes you just have to remove people without warning. We’re getting too old to be explaining what they already know they’re doing wrong.”
- “Generally people like to bring up your past, when your present and future appears to be better than theirs.”
- “Whoever is trying to bring you down is already below you.”
- “As I get older, I’ve stopped doing things which don’t feel right. I no longer wear shoes which hurt and feel uncomfortable. And I no longer spent time with people who make me feel bad.” — Karen Salmansohn
- It’s funny how sometimes the people you’d take a bullet for, are the ones behind the trigger.”
- “I didn’t lose a friend, I just realized I never had one.”
- “Loyalty is rare. If you find it, keep it.”
- “I don’t have the energy to pretend to like you today.”
- “Some people forget about you, until they want something from you.”
- “Fake people don’t surprise me anymore. Loyal people do.”
- “Stop holding on to people who keep letting go of you. Pay attention to the faithful people. The ones you don’t have to impress. The ones who always have your back. The ones who love you with no strings attached.
- “Being honest may not get you many friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” — John Lennon
- “I dislike people who only need friends when it’s convenient for them.”
- “Be careful of those who pat you on the back. They might be looking for a soft spot to plant the knife.”
- “Don’t mistake my kindness for my weakness. I am kind to everyone. But when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me.” — Al Capone
- “Not my job to expose the fake. In due time they expose themselves.”
- “In the end, we all discover who’s fake, who’s true and who would risk it all for you.”
- “Fake people are masters at making everything about them. It is vital to recognize the signs when you see them. Fake people often present themselves as your best friends when they see you can be useful to them. However, as soon as you need them, they disappear never to be seen again.
- “I have no interest in wasting my time on fake people and those who do not know the true meaning of friendship.”
- There’s a lot of fake people in the world, but before you judge them, make sure you are not one of them.”
- “Fake people talk about other people being fake. Real people worry about their business, and no one else’s.”
- “Fake friends are a vital piece of life. They keep you on your toes and teach you to never take the real ones for granted.”— Ayjee Grogan
Fake people only gossip. They love talking about people behind their backs. They love buttering up the same people in front of them. If you have seen one of your friends act this way for another friend, chances are, they do the same for you in your absence.
Try to detect these fake people’s signs and get rid of them as soon as you can.
Slowly try to back away from these kinds of toxic friendships and try to build relationships that are based on mutual respect and trust. Honest people are not afraid to share their opinions in the open. However, fake people often try to mask their real opinions which is another sign of their fakeness.
Fake people are mostly found bragging about their brand new car, their new house, or their recent promotion. In their world, they are the most important people that need to be constantly praised and appreciated. If you feel like you are being forced to put up with such behavior, it is time to switch friends.
Fake Friends Quotes to Help You Find True Friends
- “Actions not only speak louder than words, they are more difficult to fake.” — Zero Dean
- “Trust is hard to come by. That’s why my circle is small and tight. I’m kind of funny about making new friends.” — Eminem
- “Only a true friend will tell you to your face, what others are saying behind your back.”
- “Sometimes you have to give up on people. Not because you don’t care but because they don’t.”
- “True friends will always find a way to help you. Fake friends will always find an excuse.
- Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest. It’s about who walked in your life, said, “I’m here for you” and proved it.”
- “Being too nice is a crime today. Fake friends are everywhere around you. They will use you and when you are of no use, throw you away like a wrapper.” — Shizra
- True friendship isn’t about being there when it is convenient, it’s about being there when it’s not.”
- “Fake people have an image to contain. Real people just don’t care.”
- “I distance myself from people for a reason.”
- “If you lose a friend because you are honest, it wasn’t a good friend.”
- “Always take note of who supports you genuinely. These are the people to keep around.”
- “Friends are supposed to be there for you when you cry not the reason you cry.”
- “I don’t trust words, I trust actions”
- “Apology accepted, trust denied.”
- “Someone who smiles too much with you can sometime frown too much with you at your back.” — Michael Bassey Johnson
- “One of the hardest things to in life, is letting go of what you thought was real.”
- “Don’t be sorry. I trusted you. My mistake.”
- “Be careful who you share your weakness with. Some people can’t wait for the opportunity to use them against you.”
- “Fake people are only nice when it’s convenient for them or they usually have a hidden agenda. Genuinely nice people go out of their way to help others and they have an honest heart. Stick with the ones who never let you down and keep their promises. You can’t fake that.”
- “When people treat you like they don’t care, believe them.”
- “If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore.” — Michele Ruiz
Life often takes us on interesting journeys. Although we often find friends whom we’ll cherish and love for years to come, there are often negative people that get attached to us along the way. The world is filled with fake people everywhere.
We rely on them, share memories with them and sometimes spent years with them before realizing their true intentions.
Losing a loved one is hard, but losing a friend whom you’ve been with all your life can be a traumatic experience. To avoid this from happening, try to connect with these quotes and try to remove the person they remind you of from your life.
Such friends not only hurt you, but they can often become hurdles in your journey to success. They often make you feel like you are not worthy of the success you have achieved. They try to put you down or undermine your achievements. Whenever something hurtful like this happens, it is your responsibility to rip off the band-aid and get rid of that friend forever.
Emotional Quotes about Fake Friends and Moving on
- “Most people enjoy the inferiority of their best friends.” — Lord Chesterfield
- “Fake people show their colors when they have no use for you anymore.”
- “If someone wants you, nothing will keep them away, but if they don’t want you, nothing will make them stay.”
- “Fake friends; those who only drill holes under your boat to get it leaking; those who discredit your ambitions and those who pretend they love you, but behind their backs they know they are in to destroy your legacies.” — Israelmore Ayivor
- “When you can’t be real then don’t make fake promises.”
- “You can be confident when your friends are the right crowd, anything is possible. Fake friends erode your confidence because they can’t bear to see you outshine them.”
- “Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings and emotions.”
- “I hate fake people. Fake friends fake love, fake promises fake relationships.”
- “Why try and be fake when being real takes less effort?”
- “Just be honest with me or stay away from me. It’s not that difficult.”
- “Real is rare and fake is everywhere.”
- “People show their real colors unintentionally. Pay attention.”
- “Appreciate good people, they are hard to come by.”
- “I’d rather have an enemy who admits they hate me, instead of a friend who secretly puts me down.”
- “If I could unmeet some people, I would.”
- “Fake friends believe in rumors. Real friends believe in you.”
- “An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.” — Buddha
- “I don’t understand how someone can tell so many lies and never feel bad about it.”
- “None are so empty as those who are full of themselves.” — Benjamin Whichcote
Unfortunately, sometimes you have to part your ways from the people who were once closest to you. But if time reveals that these people don’t wish the best for you, consider it a good chance and end your relationship as soon as you can. It can be really hard to move on when you’ve trusted someone for so many years. But it is not impossible.
Moving on from fake friends can become easier if you reconnect with gems that you have lost along the way. Reconnecting with old friends can be a great way to relive some great memories and connect with people that once held an important place in your heart.
Reconnecting can also help divert your attention from your fake friends. Always remember that getting rid of fake friends might hurt in the short run, but letting them stay in your life can be catastrophic in the long run. These beautiful quotes can help gather the broken pieces of your heart and remind you that there are millions of good people out there who would love to cherish you for who you are.
Holding on to bitterness and anger can only bring more troubles in your life. Try to move on with your life and focus on the positive people who try to uplift you and genuinely love seeing you succeed.
People are often hard to read. However, once you get a clear sense of someone and their hidden intentions and agendas, try to exclude them from your life. Once you are happy and content with the people in your life, you will eventually begin to understand how your life is so much better without those who only want to see you fail.
Always remember, nothing is more important than your physical and mental wellbeing.
Get your favorite fake people saying frame and hang in your living area to let people know that you have no space for cheaters in your life.
65 Sad Life Quotes to Express Yourself During Tough Times
69 Volunteer Quotes to Inspire People to Give Back
110 Healing Affirmations for Body, Mind & Soul Repair
70 Inspirational Quotes about Mentors to Uplift Your Spirit
Ultimate List for Boss Quotes 2020
Interpersonal Communication – The Definitive Guide
101 Sarcastic Quotes for Sarcasm Lovers to Express What You Really Feel
62 Encouraging Scriptures and Quotes to Inspire Your Prayer Life
97 Handpicked Quotes to Remind You the Beauty of Sunsets
Don’t Simply Treat Others How You Want to be Treated
88 Beautiful Quotes From Famous Artists To Inspire
74 Accountability Quotes That Will Inspire You to Follow Though Your Commitments
47 Inspirational Quotes from Brené Brown to Empower You
101 I Am Affirmations for Success, Abundance, Wealth and Happiness
20 Barriers to Effective Communication You Must Overcome
20 Ways to Make You A Successful Businesswoman
97 Handpicked Quotes to Remind You the Beauty of Sunsets
77 Pain Quotes to Help You Heal from Trauma
Top 10 Signs You Need to Hire a Family Lawyer (+Free Legal Help Advice)
80 Motivational Quotes about Living a Happy Life
Motivation4 months ago
82 Beach Quotes and Sayings to Make Your Day
Motivation6 months ago
79 Haters Quotes and Sayings to Motivate You
Quotes3 months ago
111 Fake People Quotes and Sayings with Images
Growth5 months ago
When Life Gives You Lemons, Add Sugar and Water, Make Lemonade
LifeStyle2 months ago
68 Inspiration Quotes by Nipsey Hussle to Help Build a Better Life
Motivation6 months ago
Think Before You Speak: Everything You Wanted to Know
Travel7 months ago
15 Best Places to Visit in Paris
Relationships7 months ago
60 Easy Family Goals That You Can Take Action Now