Treating people right is the biggest dilemma that our generation is trying to resolve. Every step we take feels like a step backward.
The world we live in is full of people who continuously search for opportunities to take advantage of the other person. However, not everyone is the same. The same world consists of people who are true to the core and mean well for you.
Some numerous debates and theories try to highlight the best of treating a person. We will draw a comparison between two of the most common approaches; Golden rule and Platinum rule, to help you develop a better understanding of which one is the most effective.
The Origin of Maxim Golden Rule
The golden rule maxim dates back to the earliest periods of human history. It has been a foundation stone and a critical element in numerous religions and cultures. It is a lesson of righteousness and reciprocity that teaches one to treat others the same way they wish others will treat them.
Different research suggests different timings to be the actual origin of the maxim. According to some, it dates back to ancient Egypt. Whereas, others claim the narrations first came in the teachings of Leviticus.
It is a standard part of all of the Abrahamic religions, with Islam being the only one that enforces the rule as a religious obligation for every Muslim to follow.
The Golden Rule (treat others how YOU want to be treated) VS The Platinum Rule (treat others how THEY want to be treated)
As time moved one, the Golden rule became a topic of constant debate and drew criticism from numerous philosophers around the globe.
The Golden rule teaches us how to be empathetic and reciprocate someone’s actions towards us. However, according to philosophers, the maxim did not focus on situational requirements. It could lead someone towards irresponsible behavior if there was a difference in the interest and value of two parties.
This conflict gave birth to a new ideology known as the “Platinum Rule,” which teaches us about treating others according to their desire. It takes the Golden rule a step forward and focuses on the critical role that situations and preferences play in managing people.
It allows people to put themselves in the shoes of others and then make decisions according to how they would want to be treated. A typical example of the Platinum rule is ignoring prejudice against someone’s race or religion when you decide how you are going to act towards them. Instead, your actions are similar to how the other person would want them to be.
How to Figure Out the Best Way to Treat Others (10 Ways make “YOU” into “THEY”)
1. Practice empathy – We are often unable to understand the course of one’s action. There are times when these actions end up hurting us, whereas they were not even about us in the first place. We fail to see past those actions and ignore the importance of understanding one’s behavior.
By keeping the Golden rule in mind, we will enable us to look past a person’s actions and move toward understanding the distress they may be in. It will ultimately allow us to practice the Platinum Rule, and treating them the right way will not only help us diffuse the situation but also improve the other person.
2. Avoid pointing out other’s flaws – By pointing flaws and drawing comparisons, we make people walk on a path of insecurities and force them to adopt a negative outlook on life and society. It is one of the most common problems that people in the modern age are suffering from.
Bullying is a typical example of such a situation, and numerous incidents are reported daily. It has become a significant cause of suicide in children in their teens, as they are unable to find the will to cope-up and face the negativity that surrounds them.
If we switch sides and become the point of unnecessary focus, we will understand the pain that these actions cause. Considering and treating them as equal will not only allow them to feel the same way as you do but will teach them to overcome their flaws and focus on the positivity that life has to offer.
3. Avoid looking down on people – Not everyone is born with a golden spoon in their mouth. Even in such modern times, a considerable percentage of the world population lives under the poverty line.
While many of them work day and night to try and make their way to the top, some are in such a bad condition that they are not even capable of saving themselves. It is a way of life, and keeping a sane eye makes us look towards the actual reason why such people are unable to change their circumstances.
We need to educate ourselves, and instead of looking down on them, we need to change the world into a better place. The golden rule teaches us to seek the same for others that we will aim for ourselves. If we ask a better tomorrow for ourselves, we should find a better tomorrow for them.
Additionally, we should ensure that we never hurt the pride of such people. Pride is often the last thing they’re left with, and we need to be careful about what we say or do. Else, we might do something that will shatter their only hope. It is a part of the Platinum rule that we should always keep in mind.
4. Stay fair at all times – Staying fair is a social norm that everyone must adapt. It allows society to progress as a whole. In recent times, we have seen a lot of social welfare organizations taking steps to help the oppressed reach an equal ground. However, it is still nothing but a far-fetched dream.
By understanding the concept of the golden rule, we know the importance of equality. It is a principle that we learn in both ethics and religion and should practice at all times. However, since every person and situation is different, there are times when we need to identify the weather and focus on fairness or justice. Treating everyone the same way is fairness, whereas there are situations when we need to be more considerate towards a specific individual, which is justice.
Being fair and just are two traits that we should keep close to our hearts at all times. These are critical steps toward becoming a better person.
5. Learning to respect others – Respect is a concept that every human consciously or sub-consciously strives for. It is a social element that every person deserves, and as humans, we need to ensure that we give people what they deserve.
Irrespective of whatever the age, class, race, or religion, we need to consider everyone as equal and treat them the way we want others to treat us. Additionally, there are certain situations in which you need to be a bit more considerate, as you may unintentionally hurt a person.
A typical example of the situation is offering Pork to a Muslim or special treatment because of a person’s race. While your intentions may be well and out of respect, your actions may lure them down. Instead, it is best to treat them the way they wish to be treated.
6. Avoid manipulating others – Manipulation is the most common sin that we can find in the modern world. People often manipulate and deceive others for their gain.
Every human has the right to think their way, carry an opinion, and act according to their will. However, the society we live in tries to overlap these factors. A typical example is a manipulation by the hands of an influential personality.
If the tables turn, and we get to experience how people maneuver our thoughts, it is the last thing that we would want for ourselves. Additionally, respect for one’s opinion is a fundamental human right and a lesson that we learn from the Platinum rule maxim. We should follow it at all times.
7. Avoid prejudice – As the famous quote goes, “do not judge a book by its cover.” Similarly, we should refrain from forming opinions or judging people, especially when we know nothing about them.
One thing that we often experience in movies is that the misfit often turns out to be the hero, Clark Kent. With facts unknown, perceived as a villain, he turns out to be the only hope for survival. A lesson that all of us must learn and implement in our daily lives.
By forming prejudice, in our minds, we try to snatch the power from one to show us their true selves. Instead, we develop a negative image of them, which is unlike something that we would want for ourselves. As the Golden rule teaches us, we should consider everyone as equal and be open to give them a chance.
Some people are introvert by nature, and pushing them too much, even with good intentions, might cause them to close further. Hence, they must keep the Platinum rule in mind and be open to accepting people the way they want to be taken.
8. Accountability – Actions speak louder than words, and words can go from wisdom to war. Everything we say or do has repercussions and demands that we think before we leap.
For example, there is always a fine line between a joke and an insult. Something that can be funny to us can be mean and hurtful for others. Hence, we should always position ourselves as others and only speak what we feel will be acceptable to ourselves. It is the foundation that we learn in the Golden rule.
However, there can be situations that may demand you to sugarcoat the truth. For example, someone who doesn’t have a healthy mind may not have the courage to digest the facts. In such situations, you should always keep the Platinum rule in mind, and choose your words very carefully.
9. Refrain from commenting on physical appearance – Physical appearance is a sensitive matter for everyone. Even if someone denies it, the fact is that it is the only factor that can make a person feel conscious about themselves.
Remembering the teachings of the Golden rule, we should only say what we will like to hear about ourselves. Passing negative or hurtful comments is not something that anyone wants to hear, especially if someone has physical retardation or genetic problem.
Autism is an increasing problem, and people worldwide are launching initiatives to educate people about how an autistic child wants others to treat them. It teaches us a great deal about the Platinum rule that we should adopt when dealing with others.
10. Avoid objectifying people – Perhaps the most important rule that one should remember; people are people and not an object.
A lot of people consider others as an object that has no emotions. Whereas, every human is the same, and we should never forget that. By following the Golden rule, we can identify what actions might hurt us, and how the same actions by us can hurt someone else.
Additionally, there are some people with additional or special needs. Unless we consider them human and treat them the way they want, we are unable to give them the courage to fight the situation. Hence, we should always keep the Platinum rule close to our hearts.
How This Ultimate Platinum Rule Refines the Interpersonal Relationships on the Way to Success
Interpersonal skills play a critical role in taking you a step forward in your life.
Communication and delivery are critical elements of a professional career. Unless you can communicate with the third party, you will always find a void that needs to be filled.
With the help of the Platinum rule, you are not only able to communicate but also understand the needs of others and prioritize them. For example, treating your in-line manager the way he wants to be treated will allow you to communicate better with them.
The Golden and Platinum maxim are a way of life that people often consider, yet forget to make a part of their daily life. These maxims allow us to evolve and become a better person.
By treating people the right way, we are not only making the society a better place, but we are also teaching them the right way to treat us. Whatever goes around, comes back around.
Top List of Selfish Quotes and Images
These selfish quotes will expose the reality of fake people and the way they trick you for their own benefit.
Selfishness doesn’t let a person look beyond his own self; a selfish person has no regard for others’ feelings and takes advantage of their gullible nature. Have you ever come across such a person who didn’t have any concern for you, and only thought about his interest?
Surely, you must have because the world is full of such self-centered people.
Selfishness takes a person’s goodwill away and makes him behave in an immoral manner. Care and love for humanity are in contrast with selfish motives. You can easily point out a selfish person by his demeanor and self-absorbed behavior.
This top list of selfish quotes penned by some open hearts will give you a clear image of selfishness.
Best Selfish People and Friends Quotes
- Just because they hand around you and laugh around you and laugh with you doesn’t mean they are your friend. People pretend well. At the end of the day, real situations expose fake people, so pay attention.
- The most miserable people are those who care about themselves, understand only their own troubles, and see only their own perspective.
- Don’t be friends with selfish people because they don’t care about you at all, they just want to use you for their own benefit. –Dead Man Writeups
- Deep down some of your so-called friends and family don’t want the best for you. They sleep better when they know you’re not sleeping well.
- You shouldn’t always be available for someone who doesn’t even ask how you are doing.
- A real situation will always expose a fake friend.
- Selfish people lose so much in life because even when they realize they are wrong, they don’t know how to ask for forgiveness or show regrets.
- Some people are not loyal to you. They are loyal to their need of you. Once their needs change, so does their loyalty.
- Better to have an enemy who slaps you in the face than a friend who stabs you in the back.
Friendship is a real and genuine relationship that connects people with a deep affection for each other. Selfishness is miles away from true friends! The best selfish people quotes make you grasp this notion that a loyal friend will always put your interest before his own!
You figured out this riddle that why some people can’t hold on friends: because they are selfish! Selfish people don’t know how to be sincere and think about other’s welfare!
Caring about others, helping them, and forming a close bond with them is a social skill. Unfortunately, some people’s selfish nature makes them deprived of understanding this skill.
Quotes about World Full of Selfish Trickery
- Even a tiny bit of deceit is dishonorable when it’s used for selfishness or cowardly reasons. –Jeanne Birdsall
- Please hold onto your kindness, we share the world with many selfish beings. And we need open hearts to create change. –Nikki Rowe
- You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. –Mahatma Gandhi
- Nowadays, “selfish” is as common as a “selfie.” The world is full of selfishness, don’t believe when people say I called you because I missed you. They don’t miss you, they missed their work which you could do. Beware. –Palak
- Selfishness may result in one’s sense of superiority, but life as such will surely deny them. –Eraldoo Banovac
- The people of the world having once deceived, suspect deceit in truth itself. –Hitopadesa
- The person who values community will often be deceived and destroyed by the knave whose heart lies in selfish ambitions. –R.A. Salvatore
- We are selfish but be wise selfish rather than foolish, self-sided selfish. –Dalai Lama
- The world is such a useless place. That’s all I can think of now. It’s full of hypocrites, liars, and selfish people. –Cameron Jace
Putting blind faith in anyone is rare in this world of dishonesty. You don’t know who is ready to stab you in the back once you turn around! These quotes unveil this dark and grim face of the world.
The quotes beware of those cloaked in charm and sweetness, but in reality, they are the epitome of treachery and betrayal. Kindness has become a rare and scarce quality. Therefore, you can’t expect anyone to put your welfare and interest into consideration.
However, despite these harmful deeds around you, you still have a chance to bring about an improvement and restore human values.
Selfish Quotes That Prove It’s Not Always Bad to Be a Selfish Person
- Sometimes you just need to be selfish and take care of you. If they love you, they’ll understand. –Robert Tew
- Sometimes you have to do what’s best for you and your life. Not what’s best for everybody else.
- Sometimes you have to be selfish to be selfless. –Edward Albert
- Being selfish isn’t always a bad thing. Sometimes it just means that you know you have to focus on yourself to get to where you want to be.
- Sometimes you don’t realize you’re actually drowning when you’re trying to be everyone else’s anchor.
- Be good to yourself. Everything else will find you later. It’s okay to be selfish sometimes if growth is the drive. Remember that.
- Sometimes in life, we have to make choices that will leave some people feeling upset. We have to be selfish, and we have to say ‘no.’ This does not make us bad people.
- To be successful, you have to be selfish, or else you never achieve. And once you get to your highest level, then you have to be unselfish. Stay reachable. Stay in touch. Don’t isolate.
- Being selfish isn’t always bad; once in a while, it’s just necessary for one’s sanity.
Are you surprised and shocked at this view of being a selfish person? Well, these quotes have thoroughly described this concept and helped you comprehend why it’s all right to be selfish sometimes!
As these quotes suggest, you don’t necessarily have to be bad to turn into a selfish person. If the world isn’t praising you, you have to take the initiative and start adoring yourself. Self-care is vital for good health and peace of mind.
Once you attain your goals, you can drop this act of selfishness. You can only help others if you don’t require it; for example, you can’t offer them a glass of water if you’re thirsty too.
Therefore, be a bit selfish but don’t deprive anyone of their privilege!
Funny Selfish Quotes for Social Media Sharing
- Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot I only exist to you when you need something.
- Selfish people don’t consider how their decisions affect others. Their own convenience is all that matters.
- Welcome to the Karma Café. There are no menus. You will get served what you deserve.
- I’m not an astronomer, but I’m pretty sure that the earth revolves around the sun and not you.
- I understand some people live in their own little world. Sometimes I wish they would stay there and never visit mine!
- To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost.
- We are all selfish, and I no more trust myself than others with a good motive. –Lord Byron
- Stress is caused by giving a fuck.
Here come some entertaining and rib-tickling selfish quotes to amuse yourself. They present a sassy attitude showing off to the selfish people how unappealing their selfishness is!
You can go ahead and share these quotes on social media; let selfish people know that you won’t put up with their unpleasant attitude anymore. Life has more to offer when you share compassion with others. Living wrapped up in your own bubble will suffocate you and stifle your progress.
Therefore, hang out with like-minded people, share joyous moments with them, and let go of the negativity in your surroundings.
Selfish Quotes on Love and Relationships
- Sometimes selfish love becomes unselfish that consequences hurt more. –Krishna Nayak
- Relationships are not designed for selfish individuals.
- Every relationship has selfishness. The truth is, relationships cannot start without any reason for selfishness. –Samir Ranjan
- Love a person the way they need to be loved, not the way you want to love. It’s not about you. Love is selfless, not selfish.
- Some people will only love you as much as they can use you. Their loyalty ends where the benefits stop.
- If he wants you all to himself, but he isn’t prepared to give himself all to you, then you should give him nothing at all.
- A relationship runs with selfless love, not selfish love. –Urvashi Agarwal
- Behind every successful relationship, there are selfless people; behind every failed relationship, there are selfish people. –Moses Maurice
- Selfish people will never see the beauty of love. They can’t comprehend why there is joy in serving another person and loving them without expecting anything back. Selflessness is foolishness to them. –Gent LemenHood
Selfishness is a part of life’s every aspect; you can’t run away or hide from being a victim of selfishness. These selfish quotes beware you of the fact that love and relationships are not free from selfishness as well.
Relationships require many compromises and cooperation from both partners. A successful relationship lives through the end when both partners willingly sacrifice for each other. Even if one partner backs out, the foundation of their love will crumble into pieces.
One can’t judge it before they get a hands-on experience of being a victim to someone’s selfish desire. However, after that, the choice lies with you to hold on or let go of a toxic relationship.
Quotes about Selfish Husband and Wife
- If a marriage ends your selfishness, your selfishness will end your marriage. –David Young
- A selfish husband always puts himself at the forefront and ignores your emotional needs.
- Great marriages are made when husbands and wives make a lot of everyday choices that say ‘I love you’ rather than the choices that say ‘I love me.’ –Matthew L. Jacobson
- In almost every marriage, there is a selfish and unselfish partner. A pattern that is set up and soon becomes inflexible, of one person always making the demands and one person always giving way. –Irish Murdoch
- Marriage takes your heart. Selfish people can’t pull it off. –Helen Hunt
- In marriage, a man becomes slack, and selfish, and undergoes a fatty degeneration of his moral being. –Robert Louis Stevenson
- Selfish people cannot understand what compromising is in a relationship; neither will they ever see why it’s necessary in the relationship.
- A woman asking, ‘Am I good? Am I satisfied?’ is extremely selfish. The less women fuss about themselves, the less they talk to other women, the more they try to please their husbands, the happier the marriage is going to be. –Barbara Cartland
Marriage is a pairing of two people who vow to look after and take care of each other’s interests. Marital relationship asks for cooperation and joint efforts to make a harmonious life. However, as these quotes indicate that if a man or the woman acts selfishly, marriage has a little chance of surviving through life’s battle.
Men become egoistic in relationships, while women demand unnecessary attention. They forget that it’s a give and take relationship; you have to offer first to request it back. Whoever understands these simple rules, endures an ever-lasting marriage!
While the people absorbed in their needs and desires, fail to cherish and enjoy a matrimonial union!
Quotes about Selfish Family, Parents, and Relatives
- Relatives are the worst friends, said the fox as the dogs took after him. –Danish Proverb
- Only in photographs are you good with your family.
- You can’t choose your family, but you can ignore their phone calls.
- Anyone can have a child and call themselves, ‘a parent.’ A real parent is someone who puts that child above their own selfish needs and wants.
- Selfish persons are incapable of loving others, but they are not capable of loving themselves either. –Erich Fromm
- Without selfish partiality- to people you are deeply attached to, your family and friends, to place –we are nothing. We are creatures of kinship and loyalty, not blind servants of the world. –Bernard Williams
- Children shouldn’t have to sacrifice so that you can have the life you want. You make sacrifices so your children can have the life that they deserve.
- If you can’t make sacrifices for kids, you don’t deserve them. A true parent would give their life and their very last breath.
- Possessive parents rarely live long enough to see the fruits of their selfishness. –Alan Garner
- It is the selfish parents who are to blame. Pay attention, be involved in your children’s lives. They are your legacy, your only hope. –Aaron B. Powell
These quotes remind you that you’re surrounded by so many relationships; it’s impossible to live alone, away from them.
Can you imagine a life in isolation, away from your family, friends, and relatives? Of course, you can imagine, but in reality, you’ll never be able to exist sanely in such circumstances!
So, running away is impossible, but then, how to stop being a target of their selfishness?
This world wouldn’t have prospered if people were selfish! Parents sacrifice and devote their lives to their children’s wellbeing. If parents started being selfish, none of us would have grown and thrived in good health.
Therefore, give out as much love and kindness as you can, to build a legacy!
Do Not Be Selfish Quotes That Will Enlighten Your Life
- Selfishness may result in one’s sense of superiority, but life as such will surely deny them. –Eraldo Banovac
- There comes a time when you need to stop crossing oceans for people who wouldn’t even jump a puddle for you.
- We should rise above the clouds of ignorance, narrowness, and selfishness. –Booker T. Washington
- I salute the man who is going through life always helpful, knowing no fear, and to whom aggressiveness and resentment are alien. –Albert Einstein
- Be unselfish. That is the first and final commandment for those who would e useful and happy in their usefulness. If you think of yourself only, you cannot develop because you are choking the source of development, which is spiritual expansion through thought for others. –Charles William Eliot
- The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. –Mahatma Gandhi
- Ego is impurity. Be selfless. Consecrate and dedicate your life to perfection. –Fredrick Lenz
You can’t make others behave the way you want them to, but you can show them how you would like to be treated! Stop being a doormat to someone; stop holding doors for anyone who will slam them on your face.
These quotes enlighten you and encourage you to fight your inner demons. Let the light shine out of you, which illuminates the path of others!
Selfishness is as real as kindness and compassion. It dwells among humanity and kills the essence of genuineness and love. You can’t retreat or take refuge away from insensitive people. However, you can face it and refuse to give in to its alluring notion. The above-mentioned selfish quotes have unveiled the fact that each person has some degree of selfishness present in him. Now, it’s up to them to turn down its pulling power or succumb to its charm!
62 Motivational Finding Yourself Quotes to Help Recognize Inner You
These motivational quotes about finding yourself will help you immensely in recognizing who you truly are. How good we live our lives depends on how well we understand ourselves. Understanding yourself means that you should know what your strengths and weaknesses are, what you want in life, and how well you are equipped to achieve what you desire.
Ask yourself: Who Am I? Can you answer this question in depth? Do you know exactly who you are and what you want out of your life?
If not, you have to start discovering your inner self.
Finding yourself is an integral and worth it process that is the root of everything we plan on doing in life. Think about how you can improve yourself to be the best version of yourself and help others around you.
We all want to be the best parent, the best sibling and the best friend. But this is almost impossible without knowing your values and who you are.
These “motivational quotes for beginning the process of finding yourself” will help you know yourself better. Read them and make sure you put them to an effective use!
Finding Yourself Quotes That Will Help You Awaken to Who You Truly Are Within
- No one is going to rescue you from yourself – your inner demons, your lack of confidence, your dissatisfaction with yourself, and your life. Only self-love and good decisions will rescue you.
- Remember what you must do when they undervalue you; when they think your softness is your weakness when they treat your kindness like it is their advantage. You awaken every dragon, every wolf, every monster that sleeps inside you, and you remind them what the hell looks like when it wears the skin of a gentle human.
- Going inward will awaken. True change starts within.
- A true spiritual partner is one who encourages you to look deep inside yourself or the beauty and love you’ve been seeking.
- Accept, then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it, your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life. –Eckhart Tolle
- You have to keep breaking heart until it opens. –Rumi
- you have power over your mind, not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength. –Marcus Aurelius
- You really have to look inside yourself and find your own inner strength, and say, ‘I’m proud of what I am and who I am.’ –Mariah Carey
You will only truly find yourself if you show some willingness to. Finding yourself might sound very self-centric but as a matter of fact, you should be your first priority. Spending time on becoming better and knowing yourself isn’t wasting your time but is using it efficiently.
No one can help you change yourself unless you are willing to discover what truly matters to you. Your biggest asset is your mind. And the people who don’t want to see you succeed can never take away your expertise from you. So don’t worry about the outside world and focus only on yourself.
Tremendously Inspirational Quotes about Finding Myself
- The only journey worthwhile is finding yourself.
- We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.
- Don’t worry about finding your soulmate. Find yourself. –Jason Evert
- Finding yourself is a time of harmony because you develop that philosophy or belief system that will carry you throughout the rest of your life. When you love yourself, and who you are, you will savor and enjoy both life’s pain and pleasures. –James Seaton
- We must fall in love with ourselves. I don’t like myself. I’m crazy about myself. –Mae West
- Sometimes, you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes, in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.
- The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. –Mahatma Gandhi
- Finding yourself is an enlightening experience. You become self-sufficient and do things for others without expectations of something in return. You are no longer needy and become utterly grateful for all the things people have done for you in the past. –James Seaton
We all want peace in our lives. We tend to runaway from unnecessary problems that proves to be nothing except a headache. Life isn’t perfect! And it never will be. But one thing is for sure: you can always make it better.
And the first step to do that is to not try to escape from the truth. Finding our inner self brings us peace and eases most of the hardships we are facing. It brings a balance in our lives along with a sense of comfort.
If you don’t know your inner self, start today. It’s never too late.
Quotes about Discover Yourself In Nature
- The most beautiful gift of nature is that it gives one pleasure to look around and try to comprehend what we see. –Albert Einstein
- Get lost in nature, and you will find yourself.
- We must take adventures in order to know where we truly belong.
- By discovering nature, you discover yourself. –Maxime Lagace
- In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks. –John Muir
- Not until we are lost do we begin to find ourselves. –Henry David Thoreau
- Nature has answers to all your questions. Just go to nature and ask.
- And into the forest, I go, to lose my mind and find my soul. –John Muir
- I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery –air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, ‘this is what it is to be happy.’ –Sylvia Plath
- Nature is a beautiful place to get lost and find yourself. A place which will never disappoint you and you will love it always. A place close to your heart where you can find peace. A place where you can feel lively and get to know a little more of you. –Aksu
Nature is God’s greatest gift to humankind. It gives you so much yet doesn’t demand anything in return.
If you ever feel overwhelmed by your life, pause for a bit and go out towards the nature. It has got the answers to all your questions.
We all need “me” time to reflect on our lives and assess some major events. The best pace to do that is out in the nature. If you ever feel you’re lost and want to find your inner self, there’s no better place do that then out in the nature.
Nature will answer all your though provoking questions and help you understand yourself better. Do you know why? Because nature brings us peace. It’s quiet out there, and far from the nerve wrecking sounds we are tired of.
Inspirational Quotes Help You Get to Know Yourself and Live Authentically
- Honesty and transparency make you vulnerable. Be honest and transparent anyway. –Mother Teresa
- When you discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy; care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life. –Jean Shinoda Bolen
- Because true belonging only happens when we present our authentic, imperfect selves to the world, our sense of belonging can never be greater than our level of self-acceptance. –Brene Brown
- The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are. –Carl Jung
- There is no greater suffering than constantly measuring yourself coming up short, except perhaps the realization that your suffering is hurting others. But where do we learn these things? We don’t come crying out of the womb because of our birth weight or because we have no money in this brand new world. We learn to measure, and we learn to attach our self-worth to those measurements. –Vironika Tugaleua
- As I began to love myself, I found that anguish and emotional suffering are only warning signs that I was living against my own truth. Today, I know, this is authenticity. –Charlie Chaplin
- Trust yourself, you have survived a lot, and you will survive whatever is coming.
Do you want to change yourself for the better? Is the answer to this question is a YES then you have to get to know yourself first. You have to know your identity and the values you want to live your life by.
Live by the truth and always trust yourself, no matter how hard the circumstances. Most importantly, be true to yourself. Live your life as honestly as you can and you’ll notice opportunities knocking at your front door.
An authentic life is what we all should aim for and these quotes will help you realize that.
Famous Finding Self Captions to Make You Mentally stronger
- You alone are not enough. You have nothing to prove. –Maya Angelou
- Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do. –Brene Brown
- Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one content with oneself, one doesn’t need other’s approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her. –Lao Tzu
- Falling in love with yourself first doesn’t make you vain or selfish, it makes you indestructible.
- Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept. –Anna Taylor
- Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world. –Lucille Ball
- It is so important to take time for yourself and find clarity. The most important relationship is the one you have with yourself. –Diane Von Furstenberg
- If you’re waiting for your next love, look in the mirror. –Bridgett Devoue
Believe that you are good enough and that you have got what it takes to be anything. Own yourself, and constantly thrive to improve yourself. Invest your time in the things that truly matter to you, especially yourself.
Don’t think too much about the opinions of the people because the truth is, they don’t even matter. They are talking about you because they can’t be you.
Fall in love with yourself and with what you do. You will soon notice the positive impacts it has on your life.
Creating Yourself Quotes to Empower You Towards Happiness
- Knowing others is intelligence. Knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. –Lao Tzu
- Happiness is not out there, it’s in you.
- Love the life you have while you create the life of your dreams. –Hal Elrod
- You can rise up from anything. You can completely recreate yourself. You’re not stuck. You have choices. You can think of new thoughts. You can learn something new. You can create new habits. All that matters is that you decide today and never look back.
- Whatever you are doing, love yourself for doing it. Whatever you are feeling, love yourself for feeling it. –Thaddeus Goals
- Love yourself enough to create an environment in your life that is conducive to the nourishment of your personal growth. Allow yourself to let go of the people, thoughts, and situations that poison your well-being. Cultivate a vibrant surrounding and commit yourself to making choices that will help you release the greatest expression of your unique beauty and purpose. –Steve Maraboli
- Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light.
- You can reinvent yourself, darling. You are that kind of powerful. But you know where the magic really is? In reinventing your relationship with yourself. You’re that kind of powerful too. –S.C. Lourie
The process of knowing yourself might take some time. It might need you to look deeper and ask yourself some hard questions. But once you’re done with the initial stages, you will notice a complete positive shift in your life.
You will feel like everything makes sense and you’ll be a lot happier than before. You will be ready and excited for the future. Knowing yourself brings not only happiness but also enthusiasm: a very important factor that contributes a lot in living a successful life.
Short Quotes and Sayings for Finding Yourself Again
- Life is too short to spend it war with yourself.
- The moment you know yourself, you have known the most precious thing in existence. –Osho
- Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you won’t do anything with it. –M. Scott Peck
- Love yourself first, and everything else falls in line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world. –Lucille Ball
- Resolve to be thyself; and know that he who finds himself, loses his misery. –Matthew Arnold
- Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it. –Rumi
- If you ever find yourself in a hole, the first thing you do is stop digging.
- All the wonders you seek are within yourself. –Thomas Browne
- Each man’s life represents a road toward himself. –Herman Hesse
- If you cannot find peace within yourself, you will never find it anywhere else. –Marvin Gaye
- You owe it to yourself to become everything you’ve ever dreamed of being.
- Believe yourself again and again to find yourself. –Debasish Mridha
- Your heart is the size of the ocean. Go find yourself in its hidden depth. –Rumi
The moment you embrace your true inner self is the moment you’re going to win at life. Make yourself your first priority and value your time. Decide what things you want to focus on and plan for the future.
If you don’t value yourself and what things you invest your energy and time on, no one else will. And this is where the trouble begins. We feel left out and alone which lead us to hate ourselves.
These things are easily avoidable if you devote your time to the stuff that matters. Invest in finding yourself. Be your best friend and you will be a lot happier.
The first thing we all need to do to give ourselves a fresh perspective in life is to find ourselves. Finding our inner self will not only help us grow and make us realize what is important but will also give our life a purpose.
Circumstances will change at every phase in your life. That’s why it is vital to continue the learning and evaluation process. Reflect on how you have lived the past few years and what can you change to make the future much better.
Be your biggest supporter and life won’t feel like a burden at all.
64 Community Quotes to Help You Connect to Others
Community quotes can motivate you to get more social and get involved in community activities. We do much for ourselves, but how much do we do for others out of the way?
Working in a community doesn’t only help you socialize but also enhances communication skills. You get inspired to volunteer and you feel at peace internally.
Living in a community and helping out each other can make a noticeable difference in your life. It changes the way you think, perceive and deal with others. If you are someone who doesn’t like being a part of the community but wants to give it a try, these quotes can encourage you and help connect with others!
These quotes can help you become more empathetic, kind and helpful to others around you. Each quote has something you can learn from!
Best Community Quotes That Will Help You Find Your Place in the World
- Our generation has the ability and the responsibility to make our ever-more connected world a more hopeful, stable and peaceful place. – Natalie Portman
- We were born to unite with our fellow men and to join the community with the human race. –Cicero
- The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who are evil, but because of those who look on and does nothing. –Albert Einstein
- Community is a place where connections felt in our hearts make themselves known in the bonds between people, and where the tuggings and pullings of those bonds keep opening your heart. –Parker J. Palmer
- A community is a mental and spiritual condition of knowing that the place is shared and that the people who share the place define and limit the possibilities of each other’s lives. It is the knowledge that people have of each other, their concern for each other, their trust in each other, the freedom with which they come and go among themselves. –Wendell Berry
- We can begin by doing small things at the local level, like planting community gardens or looking out for our neighbours. That is how change takes place in living systems, not from above but from within, from many local actions occurring, simultaneously. –Grace Lee Boggs
- Committed to helping your community become a better place to live, work and play.
- It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed. –Napoleon Hill
- Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is a success. –Henry Ford
- The challenge of social justice is to evoke a sense of community that we need to make our motion a better place, just as we make it a safer place. –Marian Wright Edleman
If you want to see the change that you want in your community, you have to start with yourself first. You have to be the change you wish to see in others to inspire them to become better and do better.
Connect with each other, share problems and find solutions and build a clean, healthy environment. Work together as a team to overcome challenges and celebrate success. If someone litters outside your house, it isn’t necessary to take revenge but pick it up in front of them so that they can realize and feel shame in doing such an act again. After all, “actions speak louder than words.”
Keep reading these quotes to remind you how much you matter in making a better and safer community for today’s and tomorrow’s generation.
Quotes and Sayings about Community Coming Together
- Community means that people come together around the table, not just to feed their bodies, but to feed their minds and their relationships. –Henri J. M. Nouwen
- People coming together as a community can make things happen. –Jacob Rees-Mogg
- Pride is the community coming together and showing that love is real. –Taryn Manning
- Community is a group of people who have come together, and they work, and they live to try and improve the standard of living and quality of life. And I don’t mean money. –William Baldwin
- Alone we can do so little; together we can so much. –Helen Keller
- A community cannot long feed on itself; it can only flourish with the coming of others from beyond: their unknown and undiscovered sisters and brothers. –Howard Thurman
- The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members.
- Togetherness is a substitute sense of community; a counterfeit communion. –Gabriel Vahanian
- The sense of community is that feeling of togetherness that brings us comfort. We are alone in the world, so we strive to form bonds with others to eliminate that sense of feeling alone. –Del Suggs
By helping each other, a community becomes closer and stronger. Supporting each other, staying together in times of difficulty helps strengthen bonds. Be gentle with each other, try being tolerant, and overlook faults.
It takes nothing to be compassionate. Try instilling a sense of responsibility if others display it through your actions like carrying an older person’s groceries or making them cross a street. It’s these little things that motivate others to become better and often do acts of kindness.
The world is already a cruel place. Don’t make it more unlikely to live by being selfish. Be selfless and serve.
Powerful Volunteerism Quotes That Inspire You Involve in Social Services
- Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, “What are you doing for others?” –Martin Luther King
- As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands- one for helping yourself, the other for helping others. –Audrey Hepburn
- Your life is your message to the world. Make sure it’s inspiring.
- You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly live. –Khalil Jibran
- Without community service, we would not have a strong quality of life. It’s important to the person who serves as well as the recipient. It’s the way in which we ourselves grow and develop. –Dr. Dorothy Heights
- Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth. –Muhammad Ali
- The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. –Mahatma Gandhi
- Work for a cause not for applause; live life to express not to impress.
- There is no better experience for your heart than reaching down and helping to lift someone up. –Bernard Meltzer
Buying someone poor one time meal, helping an orphan get shelter, taking an old person to a hospital, paying some bills of someone who has been jobless for a long time; doing some of these acts will bring you inner peace when you see their smiles free from worries. You will feel eternal happiness and will want to do more for others.
Don’t wait for someone to start the chain of goodness. You are the first one to make a move. Preach around about moral values so that people do more for each other.
Don’t give up on the good you because there are people who need you.
Community Service Quotes That Will Make a Difference in Your Life
- It is easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference. –Tom Brokaw
- Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world. –Howard Zinn
- There is no higher religion than human service. To work for the common good is the greatest creed. –Woodrow T. Wilson
- It’s great not only talking about community service in theory but actually doing it. –Adam Gardner
- Community service has taught me all kinds of skills and increase my confidence. You go out there and think on your feet, work with others and create something for nothing. That’s what life’s all about. –Andrew Shue
- Community service is wherever there is a need, and whatever you think that you can do. –Glenn Davis
- Help the life of a person, and you can help a community. –Steven Sawalich
- Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. – Desmond Tutu
- Helping others is a secret sauce to a happy life. –Todd Stocker
Arrange donations and participate in community services. Encourage others and help boost their confidence levels. Inspire others by setting yourself as a role model! Adopt characteristics like humbleness, kindness, modesty, justice and sweetness. Give charity and stay honest. Trust God and take things the easy way.
When you help someone, you feel the inner happiness and peace. People value you and you become an important member of your community. Someone looks up to you for help, and you feel the purpose of your ultimate existence.
Inspirational Community Quotes about the Importance of Giving Back
- To move forward, you have to give back. –Oprah Winfrey
- We want to give back to the community, and the best way to do that is through you. –Capt. Thurston McClain
- I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver. –Maya Angelou
- Give back in some way. Always be thoughtful of others. –Jackie Joyner Kersee
- Giving is not just about making a donation; it is making about the difference. –Kathy Calvin
- At the end of the day, it’s not about what you have or even what you’ve accomplished. It’s about who you’ve lifted up, who you’ve made better. It’s about what you’ve given back. –Denzel Washington
- I am a huge believer in giving back and helping out in the community and the world. Think globally, act locally, I suppose. I believe that the measure of a person’s life is the effect they have on others. –Steve Nash
- For it is in giving that we receive. –St. Francis of Assisi
- From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life. –Winston Churchill
The more we give, the happier we feel, and the more content we are. You feel a sense of accomplishment and feel pride in your personality. When you give back you also acknowledge what you have been taking.
Above mentioned are some inspirational community quotes about importance of giving back. It’s time to return now! You have to bring the change in community. Be kind to others and they will help you in your difficult moments. Karma plays its role well!
Quotes About Community Service and Helping Others
- Give your hands to serve and your heart to love. –Mother Teresa
- A community is like a ship; everyone ought to be prepared to take the helm. –Henrik Ibsen
- The essence of life is to serve others and do good. –Aristotle
- Doing nothing for others is the undoing of ourselves. –Horace Mann
- Some people build houses, while others build people; of the two, I would rather be the latter. –Rassool Jibrael Snyman
- Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. –Sally Koch
- Help others achieve their dreams, and you will achieve yours. –Les Brown
- A person’s most useful asset is not a head full of knowledge, but a heart full of love, an ear ready to listen, and a hand willing to help others.
- Helping one person might not change the whole world, but it could change the world for one person.
Always keep your intentions good for others. Never hesitate to help out each other even if you are not on good terms. It doesn’t matter if the other person appreciates you or not but at least you are doing your part and trying your best.
What you do for others comes back to you, so always be on the go for doing extraordinary. Set up donation campaigns, encourage children to participate, don’t make anyone feel left out, make visits to old age homes and look after the needs of the poor, orphans and needy. Help them monetarily, and if it’s not possible, then support morally.
Motivational Quotes about Contributing to the Community
- Those who are happiest are those who do the most to others. –Booker T. Washington
- There is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to make life beautiful for others. –Mandy Hale
- If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito. –Betty Reese
- One piece of log creates a small fire, adequate to warm you up, add just a few more pieces to blast an immense bonfire, large enough to warm up your entire circle of friends; needless to say, that individuality counts but teamwork dynamites. –Jin Kwon
- Community service puts me out of myself and lets me see a different part of myself, which is important to me. –Alwyn Loh
- If you are growing as a person and you are contributing to the lives of others, you will be amazed at what can happen to your life. –Eric Worre
- It is not what we get. But who we become, what we contribute, that gives meaning to our lives. –Anthony Robbins
- We can all make a difference in the lives of others in need. Because it is the most simple of gestures that make the most significant difference. –Miya Yamanouchi
- Never grow weary of giving; your small contributions can make someone else’s life worth living. –Charmaine J. Forde
- The quality of your life will be determined by the quality of your contribution. When you work to improve the lives of others, your life improves automatically. –Kurek Ashley
Invite people to volunteer and appreciate then genuinely for their participation. Make them feel like they are significant members and are needed. Thank them for their time. Communicate with them and ask for their opinions.
Ask people for their active participation individually. Arrange gathering where you talk to people about the problems arising in the community so that you all can find suitable solutions and can look up to each other in challenging times.
Make yourself approachable to people and easy to talk to so that they don’t hesitate to discuss things.
It is crucial to building a strong connection with your community. Be there with your community members in times of sorrow, grief, sadness, or cherishing the happy moments. Make memories. Learn to co-exist together in harmony. Cooperate with one another. Express affection, love and care. Be a source of guidance and motivation.
Show love by exchanging gifts. Appreciate and thank them for their generosity and efforts. Try to be a ray of hope in their life. Collect as many blessings and prayers as you can. Unity and faith are the pillars of a good community. Hold onto them!
67 Amazing Quotes to Brighten Your Day Immediately
68 Best America Quotes That’ll Make You Proud to Be American
60 Adversity Quotes to Help You Overcome the Obstacles of Life
60 Adulthood Quotes You Need to Know as Growing Up
How to Write an Essay [Step by Step Guide]
86 Adventure Quotes That Will Inspire You to Explore the Amazing World
21 Types of Investments to Boost Your Wealth
72 Admire Quotes to Appreciate Your Special One
Basic Kitchen Appliances to Set Up Your Cooking Game
65 ADHD Quotes to Help You Understand It Better
10 Proven Steps to Success (Achieve Goals in Life)
10 Things You Need When Starting an E-Commerce Business
The Secrets Tips about How to Travel with a Baby
How to Write an Essay [Step by Step Guide]
10 Simple Ways to Protect Your Privacy Online
Best Selling Online Sites to Start Your Ecommerce Business
7 Best Places to Visit in Asia in 2021
Types of Lawyers: Identifying the Right One for Your Legal Issues
The 10 Best Photo Editors for Photographers in 2021
28 Legit Online Jobs That Are Easy and Pay Well
LifeStyle8 months ago
68 Inspiration Quotes by Nipsey Hussle to Help Build a Better Life
LifeStyle6 months ago
80 Rapper Quotes on Love, Family& Hip Hop That Will Rekindle Your Life
Growth6 months ago
70 Inspirational Quotes about Mentors to Uplift Your Spirit
Quotes8 months ago
111 Fake People Quotes and Sayings with Images
Motivation11 months ago
79 Haters Quotes and Sayings to Motivate You
Affirmations7 months ago
101 I Am Affirmations for Success, Abundance, Wealth and Happiness
Affirmations6 months ago
110 Healing Affirmations for Body, Mind & Soul Repair
LifeStyle10 months ago
65 Funny Hair Quotes 2020 (Ready for Social Media Sharing)