With the rise of social media, we started to change the way in which we perceive and handle information, and for many, it has become the main source of news. It was never so easy to create and share information from even anonymous accounts, and in most cases, humans simply can’t control those pieces of information and the spreading of them. And users will often share information without fact-checking firstly, which can lead to Fake news.
Fake news represents a false narrative that is promoted and published as if it was true. Mostly fake news is propaganda created by those in power in order to support a certain position or create a certain belief.
However, that can have a huge negative effect on people, especially on students. When assigned to write an essay on a specific topic for college, students can turn to social media for research instead of free essay examples or checked databases because it is easy and reliable. Although luckily, many listed fake news essay examples provide the students with a bit of knowledge about this problem. Also, a lot of teachers even started assigning them to write essays about fake news on social media and similar topics in order to try and prevent the negative effects of it.
But, still, since social media is basically an environment where anyone can publish everything as it was true, and people are even getting paid for it, it can still be hard for many to distinguish what is true and what is false, which is why everyone needs to Fact-check the sources of information.
Fact-checking is important because fake news can easily sway your opinion. And your opinion can have a huge influence on your actions. You acting to false information can lead to wrong decisions, and that can lead to unintended consequences. Some negative effects of misinformation on social media can lead to problems such as:
- Affecting your grades — Teachers require the use of a quality source of information for your papers, essays, and assignments, and by using false information, you can get lower grades.
- Harmful to health — There are also many examples of fake stories about medical treatment and following those stories can lead to choices that may be harmful to you.
- Not seeing the truth — Fake news can also make it harder for you to see the truth. It can lead to false panic, create confusion, and of course, misunderstanding about important things in life.
Almost every one of us is tired from misinformation and never knowing what is true and what is false, but luckily there are some methods in which you can become more knowledgeable about the resources that you use to find information and avoid the example of fake news in social media.
Check Credentials — Check if the authors of the articles are experts in that field in order to ensure that they speak with accuracy and authority. You can do that by doing simple research of the name.
Read the “about us” section — almost every reputable site has this kind of section. If it doesn’t have one, then it is a red flag.
Look for bias — If the article is leaning towards a particular point of view and has links to other sites, files, or pictures that scroll, it may be a biased article and may not give you a reliable story.
Check the Dates — information has expiration dates, so when researching, make sure that you check the date and use the most recent information that you can find.
Check URLs — There are a lot of samples of domain manipulation nowadays. So, if you notice just a slightly different version of the usual URL, you should double-check.
Avoid the sensational — Provocative and exaggerated headlines that mostly contain capital letters are definitely something to be skeptical about.
Trust yourself- If you are reading something that seeps too weird, too reactionary, or simply too good to be true, then feel free to ignore it because it is probably fake.
Students dealing with fake news is not something new, but luckily, we have much better tools to fight against that problem than ever before. Content development tools, sites, and the methods that we mentioned above, but every student is in better control of what they learn and consume.
How to Come up with Creative Ideas for Your Research
Sometimes there are not enough ideas for scientific research. It seems like everything has already been studied. Actually it is not. Where to get research topics or how to come up with one – read the article.
The topic often grows out of what excites and touches us to the core – not only at lectures and seminars, but also outside the academic environment: it can be a fact of your biography or a problem that worries.
You can use essay writing service to order the essay you need. To come up with a theme:
- think about what issues discussed in class are important to you;
- address disputes and conflicts between different researchers (classical and modern, in books and at conferences), try to understand different points of view and find your own approach;
- reflect on topics that hook you in the context of social issues and personal reflections.
Record your thoughts in the simplest possible way in a notepad or in a special application. The first idea can be very general and be expressed in one phrase – it is important to catch this blank for future work.
It is useful to have an electronic or paper notebook at hand during the entire course of work, depending on what you are used to. Our consciousness can throw a thought at any moment, and if it is not written down, it will be lost. At best, you will remember that you had some good idea; at worst, you won’t even remember that.
Do You Need to “Get Sick” with the Topic?
It’s good if the topic of an essay or dissertation arouses interest and emotions: love, passion, joyful excitement, or misunderstanding, irritation and anxiety. Such emotions are an invigorating driver that will not allow you to quit what you have started and will help you go through all the formal, routine and difficult stages of work: placing links, designing a bibliography, searching for sources, correct citation, etc.
There is another way to build relationships with text. The topic may not evoke any feelings – neither delight nor hatred. This means that you are rationally rather than emotionally building your path. Perhaps research on this topic will earn you a grant, or this paper needs to be written in order to complete a certain course. You have to live with your work for many hours, days, and sometimes months. If you are not indifferent to the topic, it will be easier for you to realize at every single moment why you are doing it. But there is a risk of entering into a “difficult (or even, as our interlocutors say, abusive) relationship with your own project both with a complete lack of interest and with excessive emotional involvement.
How to Choose a Topic according to Your Strength?
Think about it “lift”. A common mistake inexperienced researchers make is an optimistic view of time and opportunity. There will definitely be hitches, slowdowns, rewriting. Start from pessimistic forecasts. At best, you will have time, at worst, you will be mentally prepared.
You will need time to read and think about what you have read. If the research includes field work, it will take time to pilot and develop a draft (and, remember, to rewrite it). Allow time for all stages of research development, and not just for writing the final text.
Consult with the supervisor: ask if you have time to write a paper on the topic you are taking on. Teachers work a lot with texts, they will help to assess the amount of work, and, if necessary, narrow it down.
How to Make a Topic Unusual and Relevant?
This is necessary if you want to add an atypical field to your field, say something new, or go into interdisciplinarity. Try asking original questions. One of the scientists who started asking strange questions in sociology was Georg Simmel. For example: How does simple chatter happen and about what? How do people flirt? How do they have lunch? How do doors work in houses? Why does the picture have a frame? Such things simply could not come to the mind of serious researchers – but it turned out that this is possible.
Science fiction can serve as inspiration: it often describes what our world would look like if things went differently.
Relevance is the significance of a topic for your potential readership or for the general public, depending on the specialty. This is getting into the discussion that is being conducted around the issue of interest. You don’t write your paper in a vacuum: by writing you enter into a big conversation that takes place in your scientific field. The topic should be significant for someone – for 7 people, if you are dealing with an extremely exotic issue, for 50-300-500 people, if you write within the framework of some studies. Find conferences for researchers in your field or specialized journals. Look at the discussion going on there and think about what your topic might be of interest to your colleagues.
How to Combine Personal Interest and Relevance?
Yes, it sounds strange: on the one hand, you have to do what others do, because science is a team effort. On the other hand, you have to do something new, something new. On a field trampled down by thousands of researchers, you need to find a site where something valuable is hidden that others missed. Going and not repeating what others have already done is a creative task. To begin with, you can disagree with some of the researchers whose texts you read. You will need to find arguments to argue with these authors or offer something that they missed.
You do not know how your work will end? This is a big plus. You don’t have to pose a problem knowing how you’re going to end up solving it. The research task is precisely to discover the previously unobvious – for you, those around you and the discipline as a whole. Do not waste your time on everything that is understandable. You sit down to write a text to learn more and say something new, so cling to your questions.
How to Create an Effective Study Plan for Class 11th Mathematics?
Whenever the individuals of class 11th are very much interested to score good marks in maths exam then they need to create a comprehensive study plan which is very much visible, political and easily accessible. Class 11 is known as one of the toughest academic years in the life of students which is the main reason that people have to face the elaborative curriculum with complex topics in this particular case. Several people are initially overwhelmed because of the vast nature of the syllabus which is the main reason that everybody needs to be very much clear about different kinds of technicalities. Apart from this normally the kids are also very much pressurise because of their dreams in terms of becoming a doctor, engineer, CA and so on in their life. Hence, to have a good hold over the basics of the field it is very much important for people to study the class 11 books very thoroughly and gain a conceptual understanding of the field without any kind of problem. This concept will not only help in fetching them good marks but will also help in making sure that everybody will be able to appear in the competitions as well without any kind of problem throughout the process.
Following are some of the very basic tips and tricks which people need to know about the mathematics in class 11th so that everybody will be on the right track scoring good marks very successfully:
1. Making the necessary preparations
The candidates in this particular area should perfectly begin by creating a comprehensive checklist in the shape of the topic and then dividing the subject into chapters. Concentrating on the basic themes in this particular area in which people can excel is advisable so that they can practise the best possible exam-style questions very easily. After completing this particular step people need to focus on the weak areas so that there will be no chance of any kind of trouble and everything will be carried out as per the best possible type of goals.
2. Making the list
Formulating the list is known as one of the best possible types of scoring well because things brought on paper will be very much successful in terms of providing people with multiple benefits. Getting the products, assignments and practicals done on the same day is very much important for people so that everybody will be having a good hold over the basics of the field without any kind of doubt.
3. Examining the examination paper
Before actually beginning to solve the maths exam it is very much important for people to perfectly browse over the question paper and determine which of the problems are very much successful in terms of providing them with confidence. These kinds of problems should be tackled in the very first instance so that everybody will be able to give a great boost to their self-confidence element. Solving the problems with ch 15 class 11 maths in this particular area is a very good idea and further looking through the best possible type of questions which are having a good amount of weightage in the exam is also equally important so that overall goals are very successfully achieved.
4. Sleeping property
If individuals are interested to have a good hold over the basics of the field of mathematics, then they always need to follow a comprehensive sleep schedule which will be capable of giving a great boost to their short-term and long-term memory. Sleeping tentatively for 7-8 hours every day is very much important for people so that everybody will be able to enjoy the guarantee of the knowledge which they have gained throughout the day and further will be retained in the overall brain without any kind of problem throughout the process.
5. Describing the things which people have learnt
People should try to explain the principles of a topic to somebody else who does not know it because this is the perfect opportunity of revising and ultimately gain the confidence about a good command of the basics of the field. Keeping the things polished and practising them is very much important so that everybody will be on the right track of dealing with the things without any kind of issue.
It is very much advisable for people to enjoy proper peace of mind at the time of dealing with the NCERT question answer so that there will be no chance of any kind of problem and stress will be eliminated from the whole process. Moving in a well-planned manner with the help of experts at Infinity Learn and referring to the notes is very much important for kids so that everybody will be able to get rid of hassle very easily and ultimately have a good hold over the subject of mathematics.
Mind Maps to Study at Super Speed!
Mind Maps is one of the most powerful secrets to having excellent results in the study! But what are they, how do they work and how can you make them? Let’s see it in this article.
First of all, be careful not to confuse them with Concept Maps!
Read the article in which I’ll explain what are the differences between the two types of maps.
Let’s go on to say that Mind Maps are a wonderful tool that allows you to better understand and memorize information, thanks to the fact that they speak “the same language that your brain speaks”.
They were invented by the English cognitivist Tony Buzan, perhaps the world’s foremost expert on learning and memory.
Today they are used for various uses, but in this article, we will focus on their usefulness in the study and in particular in the understanding and memorization of information.
The advantages of Mind Maps for studying
- It is possible to distinguish the main ideas from the secondary ones at a glance: it follows a greater understanding of the topics and ease in relating them.
- They facilitate the memorization of information because they respect the functioning mechanisms of the brain and memory. Result? You already memorize 60% of the information during its writing.
- They save time both in the creation and in the review phase, as they contain only the information necessary for memory. To give you an idea, a map on an A4 sheet (that of printers, so to speak) can easily summarize 20/30 pages of a university or schoolbook.
- The reasoning that precedes their writing “forces” the brain to a high analysis and understanding of the contents; it follows ease of staying focused and attentive during drafting.
There would be other advantages, but I think what you have just read may have convinced you that this technique must become part of your study method.
So, let’s see how to build them… And to have more time to organize your learning with mind maps, you might want to get help from an online essay writer.
Create Mind Maps? Here are the steps
1) Take all the necessary materials: pencil, eraser, colored pencils, A4 format sheets.
2) Put the paper horizontally, so as to make better use of the space and your field of vision (think about it, do we have our eyes arranged vertically or horizontally? Here is the reason for this advice: make the most of our biology to be more effective).
3) Define the starting point, which by convention corresponds to the “noon” of the clock (= at the top and in the horizontal center of the sheet); then define the direction of travel, which by convention is always the clockwise one and from the center to the outside (as well as the direction of travel of our way of writing is from top to bottom and from left to right).
4) Write the topic of the map in the center of the sheet (remember, all the writings must be printed in capital letters, to facilitate reading and therefore also memorization).
5) The time has come to insert the Branches, which will bring the Keywords with them. They will start from the center to extend to the sides. The branches closest to the center represent the subtopics of the central title and the further we go, the more we go into detail. NB. Remember to organize the spaces well when you draw the branches because they will have to contain the keywords and images necessary for the memory … All things that you will insert later.
6) And now enter the keywords, which are used to remind you of a concept that you have already understood and learned. E.g. If you make a mind map on the study method, a keyword could be “Cornell Method”. At that point, that word will remind you of everything you need to know about that Method and that is that it is a system for taking notes that works in that particular way and that has those certain advantages, etc… This information is not shown on the map, because already you have memorized them. In the map, you only have the keyword “Cornell method” which will remind you, that is, information already stored/learned.
7) The time has come to memorize the maps and we will do it by inserting the images, which will have the aim of reminding us of the keywords we have entered. Why do we use images? Because our memory is purely visual in nature (Do you want proof of this? You know when you see someone, you remember his face, but you don’t remember his name?). Well, the time has come to ask you “which image could remind me of that keyword?”; once found, draw it next to the keyword itself.
8) Now look at the map well, photograph it mentally, paying attention to all the details.
9) Done? You have stored an avalanche of information! Now, if you want, you can try to hide the Map and mentally retrace it. You will see that it will be child’s play.
In the End
Does it seem difficult to you? The reality is that you really only need to practice a little and it will become very easy for you to make your own Mind Maps. And believe me, at that point, you won’t be able to do without it!
The Importance of Body Language: How to Understand and Use It
How to Get Along with the Opposite Gender: Tips for Relationship Success
5 Remedies for Reducing Cellulite
Reasons to Partner with a Background Check Company
131 Powerful Self Awareness Quotes to Help You Look Deep Inside
103 Inspirational Self Reflection Quotes for Change and Growth
The Cost of Stem Cell Therapy in 2022, the Best Price in Europe
Should You Give CBD to Your Puppy?
What Is the Difference between Gambling and Investing?
Art, Music, and Humour: How Ukraine is Maintaining Public Morale Amid Conflict with Russia
Top 10 Proofreading Tips to Improve Your Resume
80 Lil Wayne Quotes That’ll Inspire Us to Live and Enjoy Our Life
75 Nicki Minaj Quotes That’ll Inspire You to Take Action to Live Your Dreams
Five Tips to Prevent and Cure Nail Fungus
Five Fun Event Ideas
10 Exotic Destinations Every Student Can Afford
Build the Best Skincare Routine with Some Basic Tips
4 Tips to Help You Be a Better Police Officer
67 Musician Quotes That Help You View Things the Way Only a True Artist Can
5 Ways to Help Someone with Mental Issues
- LifeStyle2 years ago
68 Inspiration Quotes by Nipsey Hussle to Help Build a Better Life
- LifeStyle2 years ago
80 Rapper Quotes on Love, Family& Hip Hop That Will Rekindle Your Life
- Growth2 years ago
70 Inspirational Quotes about Mentors to Uplift Your Spirit
- Quotes2 years ago
111 Fake People Quotes and Sayings with Images
- Motivation2 years ago
79 Haters Quotes and Sayings to Motivate You
- Affirmations2 years ago
101 I Am Affirmations for Success, Abundance, Wealth and Happiness
- Affirmations2 years ago
110 Healing Affirmations for Body, Mind & Soul Repair
- Motivation2 years ago
82 Beach Quotes and Sayings to Make Your Day